PDA

View Full Version : i really hate ebay...grrrr

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-20-2004, 09:53 AM
i been selling alot on ebay to make money, but lately its not been working all that good. first thing thats annoying to me is all the fees. to sell something on ebay you have to give them a cut, paypal a cut, and then shipping a cut. after all that your still doing "ok", but not that great. next thing is retarted ebay'ers. this is what annoys me the most. i just sold a car part on ebay. it was brand new, never used. the guy gets it, then decides he does not want it. so the nice guy i am i tell him sure man, send it back and i will give your bid amount back. i guess that wasn't good enough, he wants me to cover his *** on shipping, and send the money first! can you believe that crap! now if i dont do it im gonna get a negative feedback for it because he can do it just to piss me off. gotta love how ebay works! :cuss:

seatec
01-20-2004, 10:34 AM
forget him. ill put a feed back right under his explaining what an idiot he is.:D

y2k400ex
01-20-2004, 11:52 AM
I sell allot on ebay, just write up a set of terms then just copy them every time u list. Here what I have in mine:

I accept PAY PAL & MONEY ORDERS ONLY. No checks!! Payment is expected within 7 days of sale close or item will be relisted and negative feedback will be left. Thanks to an encounter with a non-paying bidder I had a while ago, I no longer accept bids from those with negative or no feedback. Sorry, one bad apple ruins the bunch. I am not responsible for lost or damaged items and no refunds. INSURANCE UPON REQUEST AT BUYERS COST. I will combine shipping on multiple sales.

That pretty much sums it up

As for the shipping, charge more!!! i charge enough to ship the item and cost for a box, tape and your time to go mail it too.

tinner
01-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Y2K is right, what he listed in the post for terms is up front and honest. Once in a while you will get someone who you cannot please no matter what. Good luck

y2k400ex
01-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Every once in a while you get some pain in the *** person but as long as you sets some terms it keeps them quiet. I've been selling aluminum air boxes on there about 6 months now. My mother gets junk from garage sales and good will and sell it on ebay and makes about $1500 a month in profit. Theres money to be make on there you just have to take advantage if it.:D

TeamC&GRacer
01-21-2004, 09:39 AM
yeah i sell a lot on ebay too. One time i was selling a blaster frame on ebay. I mentioned and showed a pic of a dent in the bottem of it. A guy wins it and when eh gets it goes crazy on me demandind his money back and blah blah. Im nice and honest so i sent his money back and covered the shippin back. I still got negative feedback from him. Guess you just cant please some people.

ghak99
01-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Just make sure you state:

"Item is sold as is and no returns accepted! Email me with questions before bidding!"

Put this in your description or shipping details and you have nothing to worry about. I sold almost 150 dollars worth of stuff in a few days that I picked up around my shop that would have otherwise been thrown in the corner and forgotten about.
Easiest way to turn trash into cash I know of!

01-21-2004, 11:47 AM
yah, i sold $5000 worth of stuff when I wasa 15 on ebay & bought my 400ex....I dont like do returns at all & state it in my listing & also post clear pictures

01-22-2004, 01:55 PM
hhhmmm. im gonna go register to ebay. how much does it cost to sell something on there

jay's 300
01-22-2004, 02:05 PM
It was $43 to put my EX on there. Then it got cancelled for having "not 400 not 250R" in the description. They call it search manipulation. That pissed me off and they're still taking the $43 out of my checking account. :grr:

01-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by jay's 300
It was $43 to put my EX on there. Then it got cancelled for having "not 400 not 250R" in the description. They call it search manipulation. That pissed me off and they're still taking the $43 out of my checking account. :grr: sounds like you got scamed:p :devil:

stace609
01-22-2004, 03:20 PM
we sold the rims and tires off my truck for $200 for the set when they cost $200 each at toyota and we said they had about 25% tread left that they had 32K on them and when the guy gets here he's saying like when he had one it had more tread than that like we were trying to scam him even though the guy made out big time. we had a close up picture of the tread and the wheels and everything. oh well.:cool:

Ralph
01-22-2004, 03:24 PM
u can put a quad up for 2.00 if ur smart...

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
u can put a quad up for 2.00 if ur smart...

then you get the final value fee.

marksuttonjr
01-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I purchase a lot of stuff on Ebay. I like it.

I have been screwed over a few times lately though, and have 4 neg. feedbacks from the losers that screwed me.

1 buyer never payd for item he won

1 seller would not respond to my e mails & sold the 2 items I purchased to someone else then left 2 Neg. feedbacks

1 seller had advertised that he took paypal then he would not so I told him it would be a few days before I could get a money order out to him & requested the shipping he left Neg. the next day

1 seller sold me several boxes of wore out and broken parts as "good running 250R engine" The parts in the pics he posted were good, but that was not the parts he sent then he refused to refund my money when I sent the engine back and left Neg.

Chanman420q
01-22-2004, 07:18 PM
ive had all good luck on ebay, ive only sold 1 thing but that went smooth, ive botten like 8 things off there, including my 400ex and its all been good. But we all run into some bad apples once in a while:grr: