PDA

View Full Version : farthest wheelie

sparks400
01-19-2004, 09:48 PM
i can only do them about a half a mile, but my friend can do them as far as he wants just give him a long road and he'll just about do it all, id say the farthest hes done is about 5 miles, and im not playin guys, my hand was gettin tried holdin the video camara while he was doin this, it took so long its not even funny, like 5 min, he was 5 th gear throbin the throttle, lol

Nausty
01-19-2004, 09:54 PM
yea, you can go forever. Gets pretty boring after a while tho.:o

Its cool doing past cars or doing some tricks during the 4th and 5th gear wheelies but you can get yourself pretty messed up.:o

sparks400
01-19-2004, 09:57 PM
ya after about the 2 mile it got boring, i was looking at the trees and at one point i put my head down on the handle bar lol, ya i agree with u man 3-4 gear tricks r fun but i kno how it feels it get hurt doin that stuff, lots of road rash, if ur on the road, howa bout u

Nausty
01-19-2004, 10:02 PM
yeah, so do I. I only do the stuff I know I can do on the high speed wheelies. If you mess up going that fast your gonna be feeling it for a while.:o

I remember when i first really started to do them they felt so awsome. Because you would be going what felt like sooo fast and your looking past your front tires and your just aww of what your doing but now...:o

sparks400
01-19-2004, 10:04 PM
ya lol what kidn of trick can u do on wheelies

Juggalo
01-19-2004, 10:33 PM
yeah riding for miles on end is lame. gets boring. tricks aren't that fun either. i can do most of the tricks you see plastered all over the internet and i can tell you their not all that difficult if you are any kind of decent rider.

Nausty
01-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
yeah riding for miles on end is lame. gets boring. tricks aren't that fun either. i can do most of the tricks you see plastered all over the internet and i can tell you their not all that difficult if you are any kind of decent rider.

jugs right, theres a couple tricks I can't do but most of em' are pretty easy.:(

CAMPRO
01-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by sparks400
ya lol what kidn of trick can u do on wheelies

Check out the video teaser I just made of him.... you'll see for yourself! It's got it's own thread on this forum called..... Nausty video teaser

kxrider
01-20-2004, 06:48 PM
i nkow peope rollin them 18 miles at a time on the interstate but they ride gsxr

03400EX_Nacs
01-27-2004, 07:59 PM
on a rode how do you keep straight i cant keep from going off the side of the rode... HOW?

jdmimports79
01-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
on a rode how do you keep straight i cant keep from going off the side of the rode... HOW?

make sure your air preassure is even...

steve

03400EX_Nacs
01-29-2004, 07:39 PM
is that all? i mean it seems like there would be a little more to it?

Tim's Z
01-30-2004, 03:16 AM
is that all? i mean it seems like there would be a little more to it?

There is, on all my sets of tires not 1 set has been even on air pressure. If your in a wheelie and pulling to the right, that means you have too much psi in the left tire or not enough in the right. Just let a little air out of the left tire until you wheelie straight.

Hope that helped,
Tim

Nausty
02-01-2004, 01:15 PM

they are right w/ the tire pressure also you can lean to steer and you really don't need to lean a lot. It works pretty good and I trust it so much I do it past cars on the high way.

muff
02-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
they are right w/ the tire pressure also you can lean to steer and you really don't need to lean a lot. It works pretty good and I trust it so much I do it past cars on the high way.

how do you pass cars on the highway? even with sligthly taller tires/gear you'll be hittin say 70 :(

MotoX3
02-01-2004, 06:51 PM
speed limit on the highway in front of my house is like 45 at one point and even my TTR does that....but i think he means there going one way and your going the other....idk tho:confused:

02-01-2004, 07:45 PM
for those of you that have kazzaa go to videos and type in "2 mile Wheelie" it is so sick its a guy on his 400EX going for like 2 minutes it is sweet.

Nausty
02-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by muff
how do you pass cars on the highway? even with sligthly taller tires/gear you'll be hittin say 70 :(

2 lane highway 55 mph!

I meant passing on coming traffic, but i'd still feel comfortable passing them like how you thought I meant if it mattered.

muff
02-02-2004, 04:34 AM
2 lane highway 55 mph!

I meant passing on coming traffic, but i'd still feel comfortable passing them like how you thought I meant if it mattered.

ahh i see...thats cool

400red
02-04-2004, 07:40 PM
depending on the road i can go on forever on the top gear wheelies, the real slow wheelies are the hardest to keep going for long distances. seeing how far you can get with no hands is fun too. shifting down is the hardest. as far as passing cars it can be done but you better have a nice long straightaway and know how to steer it.

markk
02-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Has anyone ever played chicken in the pool, well two of my buddies tried that on his 400ex and well one got on the other ones sholders, and sat down, then he started up the 4 wheeler, adn took off puller her up in 1 and set her down in 4th (thats as long as the yard is) and well when it dries up and gets warmer, il try to get a pic or two for you!!!!!

2003EXRIDER
02-13-2004, 10:58 AM
i know for some of you this might sound like b/s but. if you turn the bars once you get her up in 5th you can turn it. they seem to work like rudders.:huh the faster you go the eaiser it is.

Nausty
02-13-2004, 11:14 AM
yup, hes right!

Makes it a lot easier when your doing tricks because you can just turn the bars instead of leaning while doing a trick on a high speed wheelie.

damn, I wish I could ride but i'm sick.:(

2003EXRIDER
02-13-2004, 03:39 PM
yup, hes right!

Makes it a lot easier when your doing tricks because you can just turn the bars instead of leaning while doing a trick on a high speed wheelie.

damn, I wish I could ride but i'm sick.:(

sorry to hear your sick. hope we can go ride Sun. the weather down here hasn't been very good:(

Blown 331
02-17-2004, 09:02 AM
I sold my 03 400EX to my neigbor and he has ridden a 3 mile wheelie at 60 mph, then we ran out of road.

Mofo Racing
02-20-2004, 03:57 PM
I know on a street bike all it take to steer on a wheelie is just shifting your wieght on the pegs. But thats 5th gear 100-plus. I can't seem to turn my ex that easy though. I have to almost hang off of it. Looks cool though.:devil:

660r2a400ex
02-23-2004, 09:34 PM
hey i do that sittin on the shoulders wheeli too. i star in 1st pop the clutch and i have the guy i am sittin on use my rear brake when it feels tippy, pretty kewl, also heres another one, for u people who have never tried it before it will seem impossible at first...get it up in 1st or 2nd, pull the bars all the way right with ur throttle hand and let go with ur left and lean back, touch the ground with ur left hand and go until u run out of room. I can prettty much do all the tricks ecept can cans, i can ride them until i run out of room, i can do 1st gear wheelies so slow i been up for 3 minutes and only gone 50 feet. i stopped doing that though b/c to much clutch use bropke my clutch puller in

Juggalo
03-19-2004, 07:51 PM
2 lane highway 55 mph!

heres me on a 4 lane highway when i was in michigan at my friends cabin last summer. rode her for over a mile before i had to set her down to turn. i actually got passed by a vehicle that thought hed try and run me off the road. it was scary but awesome when that happened. my friends were in their car next to me snappin pics. 65+ miles per hour in this pic.

http://www.atv.dhs.org/Pictures/mepointinwheelie%2Ejpg