PDA

View Full Version : few mx questions...

rider250ex
01-19-2004, 09:03 PM
hey i am planning on racing my r this season and have a few questions. first what do you guys recomend for sproket gearing for mx. also what do you recomend for tires. i am thinking either razrmx or klaw mx. also right now i have an fmf fatty pipe. is that ok for mx or should i get a better pipe. i mainly wnat to work on suspension and handling but i was wondering about the gearing and tires.

Diedrich
01-19-2004, 09:34 PM
well sprockets depend on whats done to the motor and all..dont worry about top speed though..u want alot of torque..for tires razr mx's, klaw's, and holeshot mx's are all good...i run a set of grooved radials on the front and klaw mxr's on the rear..its seems to work really well..also alot of people still run grooved tamers on the rear...hit up c&d for prices on all these..i know i paid $95 for my mxr's shipped...yeah if i would u i would work on gettin an aftermarket suspension

rider250ex
01-19-2004, 10:01 PM
all i got done to the engine is a mid to top port and polish, fatty pipe and powercore silencer, rad valve, and prolite piston. and i dont know about the radials. i will be racing southwick and i dont think the radials will hook up good will they?