PDA

View Full Version : shifter issue's

big bad beny
01-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Hay. I have a 300EX and i just got some boots and when i went to move my shifter up it hit the bottom of my cases so then i bent it out some well now after riding for a few hours it bends back in and it hangs up on my cases. So i was thinking of puting a 400EX shifter on it because it has a jog in it but i do not know how long it is so if eny one could tell me how long it is that would help me out a lot. My 300EX Shifter is 6 1/2 in long. And if eny one else as eny other ideas that would me great to.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

big bad beny
01-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Help i need to go riding this weekend and i cant go unless i get it fixed so if eny body will help that would be great.

P.S. Ride Red ans Ride Hard

Pappy
01-21-2004, 07:20 AM
i believe the 400 shifter maybe a touch longer, but i think that it has a different "curve" then the 300ex for proper case clearence.

the stock levers are weak and will bend easily (as youve found out) try the 400 lever on the 300, if it clears the cases your good to go until you can order an aftermarket shifter

big bad beny
01-21-2004, 08:25 AM
the 400 shifter fets but the bend is to much so its not going to work so.

dirtmomma
01-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Sounds to me ya better BREAK THEM BOOTS IN!!! I use to have that problem on our blaster but finally got my boots broke in, havne't had any probs w/ my 300 shifter!! Good luck!!

exriderdude
01-21-2004, 09:29 AM
the best thing to do is to buy an aftermarket one, or just use yours and just keep bending it back. my friend did the same thing with his shifter, we just kept bendin it back and it never broke:)

big bad beny
01-21-2004, 12:26 PM
ya but i bent so meny times that in 5 to 10 min of riding it needs to be bent back out. i ned to fing a defernt ATV with the right shifter bend so it well clear my cases. the 300 ex shifter is stright so it dose not work.

dirtmomma
01-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Here's what ya do......you go to your local bike shop, take your shifter w/ you & buy like a MSR one or something like that, i fyour like us we WISH we could buy a billet one LOL but we have to go w/ what we can afford, we need to change the race team name to GHETTO RACING LMFAO!!! For our blaster we took one off of a yamaha street bike :eek: & it works like a charm!! Don't know if you have a motorcycle "junk" yard but try there too you can find a good deal there!! Good luck once again:D

GNCC225
01-21-2004, 05:06 PM
I've had that problem for the last year or so and I kept bending it back, but it eventually broke off and it was'nt just the shifter,it ended up breaking the shifting shaft. I bought a moose shifter and that seemed to work, i think any time my boot came off the peg it was landing on top of the shifter, bending it down. Oh buy the way that was on a 400ex.