PDA

View Full Version : Loney Tuned Racing

skoalbandit
01-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Anyone know anything about these guys? Does the exhaust suck or is it worth the $600.00?

You can check them out at http://www.lteracing.com/allmodelspics/honda/honda.shtml

Thanks,
Bandit

brian-250
01-19-2004, 08:19 PM
not at all worth it,hmf has twice the power gain and noise and is like $210 id go hmf ill have trouble payin 500 for my sparks pipe,my 2c/t worth

01-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
not at all worth it,hmf has twice the power gain and noise and is like $210 id go hmf ill have trouble payin 500 for my sparks pipe,my 2c/t worth

i didnt know the hmf made 5 hp over stock

Dunlap
01-19-2004, 11:00 PM
I have tested the LTE system on are 470cc YFZ with quiet cores against are full race pipe and there was a slite gain in the mid range but it was alot quieter. With the new sound laws just around the corner their system may be the hot set up.

marksuttonjr
01-20-2004, 07:00 AM
It sure looks swwweeeeeettttt.
I had never heard of them before..

mustang
01-20-2004, 07:53 AM
$600.00=This kit received a 2.5 - 3 HP gain and $400.00 wasted:huh

Dunlap
01-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by mustang
$600.00=This kit received a 2.5 - 3 HP gain and $400.00 wasted:huh

I have talked to Mr. Looney about everyones H.P. quotes and he believes the same as I do that everyone inflates their numbers for advertisement reasons. I have not seen 2 hp difference in all the 400ex pipes on stock bikes. When you start to build a motor and keep it at 96dbs then you will gladly pay 400.00 more,or throw a $1000.00 worth of performance parts out the window. White Brothers are my race team sponsors for pipes so dont think Iam saying this for any other reason, hopfully there new quiet core performs as good as they say this week and we will fast and quiet this year.

JOEX
01-20-2004, 09:21 AM
It comes with a polished aluminum air box.....

The Honda 400 EX Exhaust Kit consists of a 4 piece pipe kit with billet aluminum flanges and stainless steel T-bolt clamps. Two 3" silencers with billet aluminum outer and stainless steel inner construction. A 6 disc system, keeping it at 92-93 DB and spark arrester legal. The kit includes a polished aluminum air box that relocates the battery and ignition inside the box, which will accommodate a larger K&N air filter (not included). It comes with a main and pilot jet. Jetted for 0-3000 feet elevation. This kit received a 2.5 - 3 HP gain.

jmoney45
01-20-2004, 09:27 AM
Mickey,
In your experience the LTE pipes with the quiet cores installed still provide good power gains? I kinda like the dual setup. Looks cool and I bet it sounds good too. I bought an mbrp because I wanted to keep the sound down, but I'm not thrilled with the performance. I may go with a 416 kit this year and I'll give these guys a look for their pipe.

shamisc
01-21-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
I have talked to Mr. Looney about everyones H.P. quotes and he believes the same as I do that everyone inflates their numbers for advertisement reasons. I have not seen 2 hp difference in all the 400ex pipes on stock bikes. When you start to build a motor and keep it at 96dbs then you will gladly pay 400.00 more,or throw a $1000.00 worth of performance parts out the window. White Brothers are my race team sponsors for pipes so dont think Iam saying this for any other reason, hopfully there new quiet core performs as good as they say this week and we will fast and quiet this year.

Hey Mickey, Do you think this LTE set-up will flow as good as Sparks' X-6? I have your 440 kit w/head work, 39FCR,etc, I was just wondering if these pipes would choke mine out?

simoniz
01-21-2004, 04:32 AM
Same question??? Will it compare to the Sparks.

Dunlap
01-21-2004, 07:50 AM
I have not tested it on my big bore EXs,only on my 470cc yfz. I can say that the way they build their pipe with the taperd head pipe and small taperd megs. it is made for HP. With two large core mufflers and two quiet core inserts they run as good or better everywhere from bottom on up. Yes they have a cool sound and good quality too.

brandonpeake
01-21-2004, 08:10 AM
it appeals to me b/c of the sound
alot of people around me let me ride by their house to get to my trails so if i got an obnoxious exhaust that would probaly stop, so i dont want to affend them and i ride with a guy with a raptor w/ a yosimura pipe and its way to loud
and it looks sweet

01-22-2004, 01:08 PM
WE just put the LTE on my dad's 400ex with no mods and in my own opinion it works better than my DMC Dual system which I happen to love. I took it out to the desert and rode hardpack and sand and the way this thing goes through the gears is incredible. It has a nice HP gain but it seems to have picked up a nice amount of Torque along the way. I am considering getting it myself!

brandonpeake
01-22-2004, 05:35 PM
how much louder is it than stock

mustang93
01-22-2004, 05:41 PM
probably the same or quieter

01-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Actually a touch louder, but a lot deeper. Kind of like putting a good exhaust on a muscle car, not necessarily loud, but beefier.

brandonpeake
01-23-2004, 01:43 PM
okay i thought for sure iot would be louder
i ve got to be carefull about my exhaust noise, b/c i got several people that let me ride close to their house to get to all of my trails and i dont want that to get shut down due to an obnoxious exhaust

how was the install? was it made well and install easy?

jmpulse
02-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake

how was the install? was it made well and install easy?

The install isn't bad at all, you do have to be mindfull of clearing all your wiring, hoses, and cables. LTE includes a detailed instruction sheet. The kit comes with jetting that will get you into the general ballpark for a stock quad.

I have LTE exaust on my 416, and it makes it a impressive ride. I have only wrecked three times due to the added power=more speed! The jetting is real close even with my quad bored and ported.

The YFZ and Raptor become apsolute HP monsters with the LTE exaust kit installed. I fully trust LTE's HP numbers that are given, I have seen the graphs. It is possible to make power and keep things quiet, it just takes thinking outside of the box!

Pahrump
02-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Do you guys forget about the added, unnessary weight of an extra can?

pnut420
02-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by brian-250

I think you need to do a little more research before you just throw an opinion around. For one thing it relocates your battery with an aluminum airbox ($150 NOT wasted). Also for $210 you get a SLIP ON system, dont get me wrong a slip on is good for stock motors, but when you bore them out and port the heads, etc... the larger headpipes on the full exhaust are going to be alot better. Also another thing you have to remember is the sound. The HMF is quieter than a X-6 does it is not quiet, the LTD seems alot quieter than most other pipes. So basically you are paying $450 for the pipe which is close to all the other full exhaust systems.

parkers30
02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Do you buy the exhausts straight from them? or who carries them?

Smokin 440
03-04-2004, 06:38 PM
The 2 cans may weigh more than 1 aftermarket but i bet it still weighs less than stock. I wish i had an LTE for noise and the fact that i wouldnt have blown $200 bux on a UM airbox

chad400ex
03-04-2004, 08:25 PM
I don't know if he's on this forum anymore, but Markynark who runs ondunes.com has the LTE pipes on his 440EX, and it does really good. I didn't ride the bike, but I did hear and see it run. The airbox is one of the nicer aluminum airboxes that I've seen, and the noise level is very low compared to my yoshi pipe.

nikejoe
03-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by parkers30
Do you buy the exhausts straight from them? or who carries them?

They are on ebay all the time! I love the look! They have been on there for at least 2-3months. I saw them a while back but the wif said NO! Here is a link to one of the current auctions. I think they always start at $699. But usually only get one or two bids. Good luck!:p

LTE auction on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2464868852&category=43972)

Just awesome to look at!!!!:cool:

markk
03-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Has anyone ever been rear ended while racing? Well in watching the PM class in Gilmer TX i was standing at the last hill of the day, and i got to see a 400ex with duals that looked like he got hit and it broke the bracket off and the pipe completly slipped off and so he was running on head pipe one side and complete exhaust on the other?
I personaly would go with HMF if i could do it all over again, just becuast u only have to worrie about getting hit in one side not both!

Dunlap
03-05-2004, 11:04 AM
My riders go through about 6 pipes a year from getting hit,it only meens there not going fast enough to keep from getting hit in the first place.:rolleyes:

Doibugu2
03-05-2004, 11:16 AM
My riders go through about 6 pipes a year from getting hit,it only meens there not going fast enough to keep from getting hit in the first place.:rolleyes:

Do you bill them for the pipes since they aren't going as fast as you want them too?:eek:

Dunlap
03-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Maybe I should, then I could make money:)

wilkin250r
03-05-2004, 02:41 PM

Maybe their motors aren't fast enough. :blah:

Just kidding. Just tell them they get one set of pipes, but if they get damaged because they're not fast enough, then they gotta pay. We don't tolerate slackers on our race team. :macho

nofearhonda
03-05-2004, 06:35 PM
just to let you all know LTE just uprd their price to $739 so take it from there.

shaun

mustang93
03-05-2004, 06:58 PM

so Mickey how did that WB quiet core 2 turn out im intrested in making mine quieter? how many discs do you guys run?

Dunlap
03-05-2004, 07:38 PM
We don't run discs and they have not set me the new quiet cores yet.

mustang93
03-07-2004, 07:15 PM
kinda figured not running the E series but asked in case, tell us how those new cores turn out.:)

LTE Z-400
03-29-2004, 11:39 PM
I believe you can get them here (http://sweetquads.com/modules.php?name=catalog&file=product_info&products_id=90) cheaper than anywhere else.

brandonpeake
03-30-2004, 06:25 AM
i have been working with lte about their exhaust and i have one on the way to do a real world comparison with one hmf sent me and an x6 curtis sparks for my website, www.mudanddirt.com
but the increase in price is b/c they just changed the entire pipe to alot better design and materials and gained some more power in the process, but we will see in a week or so how it stacks up

shamisc
04-21-2004, 12:04 AM
i have been working with lte about their exhaust and i have one on the way to do a real world comparison with one hmf sent me and an x6 curtis sparks for my website, www.mudanddirt.com
but the increase in price is b/c they just changed the entire pipe to alot better design and materials and gained some more power in the process, but we will see in a week or so how it stacks up

Do you have the LTE system installed yet? Can you posts pics of it? I just ordered mine, but I didn't get to see any pics of the new 400ex system.

04'400ex'er
04-21-2004, 07:51 AM
how much louder is it than stock

5-6 decibles Stock is like 88db's

brandonpeake
04-21-2004, 08:37 AM
ive got to call them back about it

04'400ex'er
04-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by shamisc
Do you have the LTE system installed yet? Can you posts pics of it? I just ordered mine, but I didn't get to see any pics of the new 400ex system.

Will you send pics and tell us about it once you get yours installed

Evan
04-21-2004, 09:05 PM
I have not seen this system on a 400ex but i have seen and raced against one on a raptor. I was on my buddys raptor which has a pro circuit full system and this guy had a LTE without one silencer...I am the better rider between us and in the holeshot I got him out of the hole for about 50 ft, then he passed me like i was sitting still....i could have swore he had motorwork but it was basically brand new with just the LTE system and filter....I was impressed. He said they recommend a 190 main jet where as the pro circuit is somewhere around 155. I would like to see this pipe compared to a sparks pipe.

04'400ex'er
04-22-2004, 07:53 AM

Will you tell us when you get the comparison between the HMF,Sparks,and LTE.

shamisc
04-22-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
Will you send pics and tell us about it once you get yours installed

I sure will! Mine will be here Tuesday. I talked with Randy Looney for a half an hour or so while ordering mine. This guy really seems to know his stuff. He seems like a great guy too. Hopefully this set-up will perform like it did on Mickey's 470 YFZ!;)