PDA

View Full Version : FCR Question !!!!

Waynes400ex
01-19-2004, 05:45 PM
I have a FCR on my 440 right now and it runs pretty good. The problem is that when you hit the throttle hard it bogs out. I bought the carb used and it was supposed to be setup for a 440. I havent touch it, it idle's great and everything but my question is , is it supposed to bog when you hit the throttle hard? When you roll on the throttle it is fine. Any help is appreciated guys, Thanks in advance!!

TCracin440ex
01-19-2004, 05:48 PM
i think what it sounds like its getting too much gas....the jet maybe too big....im not sure...u might also want to check the air/fuel mixture....

Waynes400ex
01-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks, What jet should be in there? The person I bought it from lived in NC I live in Southern CA you think makes a difference?

Doibugu2
01-20-2004, 10:53 AM
The bog is a common problem with the FCR's. But C&D sells a fuel screw adjustment that is supposed to take care of that problem. $20 I believe.

TCracin440ex
01-20-2004, 01:15 PM
yea thats your problem...elevation...

foleyit
01-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Waynes400ex
Thanks, What jet should be in there? The person I bought it from lived in NC I live in Southern CA you think makes a difference?

Hey Waynes, I am running a 165 main with my current setup, and I'm in So Cal area.

QuadMatt
01-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Wayne,

Check the accelerator pump. If your FCR is like mine, the linkage is exposed to dirt. It must be cleaned often. The dirt will go down the pump shaft, so you have to remove the pump cover and really get in there.

The pump is actuated by a springs load, not directly when u move the throttle. So check and see if the pump is actually working by hitting the throttle and lookin at the pump. Make sure that the pump is in fact moving at all. Then, with the carb full of gas, and somewhere that you can see, hit full throttle and hold it. Count the number of seconds the accelerator pump sprays for. (be careful, cuz that sucker sprays, use eye protection) As far as I know, it should spray around 3 seconds. But i have heard from as low as 1.5 seconds. Anyway, if it should spray for more than say 4 seconds, it may be clogged.

Hopefully you got one that the linkage is covered.