PDA

View Full Version : Want to ride at Washougal MX track?

2004TRX450R
01-19-2004, 05:10 PM
How many of you would like to ride at the Washougal MX track? I'm thinking about renting it for a day and wanted to see what kind if interestet I could get for people wanting to go. If I could get about 75 people together it would probably only be about $30-$40 per person to ride. The track there is awsome! I have ridden it before on my CR250. No major tripples that you have to commit to or anything like that. There is an awsome table top and some whoops and a big up hill and down hill and some small doubles and stuff like that. So how many would be in if I can put this together?

Woodsrider
01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
I may be interested as would all of the guys I ride with. I'll pitch the idea at work and get back to ya. Hey, ya know you should come down and ride with us next sunday, we ride rain or shine.
PM me if your interested.

Chef
01-19-2004, 05:44 PM
I might, that could be fun.:cool:

2004TRX450R
01-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Chef
I might, that could be fun.:cool:

Ya Donny I figured you'd be into that. Get ahold of all your racer budies and see if they would all like to go too!

Chef
01-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
Ya Donny I figured you'd be into that. Get ahold of all your racer budies and see if they would all like to go too!

Did you get those Hoosiers I sent with Jack to set up you're dyno with yet? When you get it goin let me know, I wanna get my R on it.

dirtmomma
01-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Hmmmm this sounds interesting!! We've been wanting to ride it but didn't really want to race until we been on it. Hey Soggy where ya riding @ this weekend?? We went to Bob Lamphere's place on Sat. for the flattrack & all I can say is AWESOME track!! Makes me excited for Rainier, I never thought I would like a hard pack track but that was cool, 5th gear WFO Babeeee:eek: :D Might be interested in a ride this weekend unless Ron is working on a roof, *blah* we'll have to see heck you should come up North to trail5000 (Granite Falls)

Chef
01-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
5th gear WFO Babeeee:eek: :D

Isn't that place indoor?:huh

2004TRX450R
01-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Did you get those Hoosiers I sent with Jack to set up you're dyno with yet? When you get it goin let me know, I wanna get my R on it.

Ya I got them. I don't know about getting the dyno set up for quads though. Remko kinda said he didn't want to mess with it. I thought about building the stuff to do it anyway on my own then when he decided it was a good idea I'd just charge him out the *** for the stuff I built. But I don't know what is going to happen yet. Thanks for sending them. By the way what you doing this weekend? I'm going to ride just not sure where yet. I know a couple of guys that are talking about heading for Sand Lake but I don't know if I want to drive that far. Thinking about going with Soggy if he is going somewhere cool. All I know is if I have to ride on the logging roads at my parents house this weekend in the pouring down rain I WILL be rideing my new 450R!

dirtmomma
01-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Isn't that place indoor?:huh

Yep, it's bigger than Monroe though!! Come on remember it's JUST a 300 LMAO plus it was still geared for a smaller track.

Chef
01-21-2004, 07:09 PM
By the way what you doing this weekend? I'm going to ride just not sure where yet. I know a couple of guys that are talking about heading for Sand Lake but I don't know if I want to drive that far. Thinking about going with Soggy if he is going somewhere cool. All I know is if I have to ride on the logging roads at my parents house this weekend in the pouring down rain I WILL be rideing my new 450R!

If you decide you're comin up this way for a ride, or any toned down trails, wide ones, without rocks ;) give me a call. The original plan was to go to the dunes this weekend, but that fell through a little. If worst comes to worst I will ride the Raptor, but I should be able to ride my 400. I just need to get my Razr fronts back from chris.....:mad:

2004TRX450R
01-21-2004, 11:55 PM
I think I might ride in Puyallup on Sat then head for Sand Lake on Sunday then back to MoM and Dad's on sunday night or monday morning. If you have a trailer for your bike and want to meet me at Spiffys you are more than welcome to come along. Give me a call tomorrow or something and we'll get something figured out.

mxgirl
01-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Have any of you guys or gals been to the indoor track in Marysville? I found it on the web. Looks pretty cool, but $30/day is pretty spendy (we ride Glen Helen for $20).
Marysville Track (http://www.motoplex.net/html/motocross_facility.htm)

dirtmomma
01-24-2004, 09:53 AM
YEP the boy & I have been there when they had it set up for flattrack, thier mx track was pretty severe for quads @ 1st but I guess they have toned it down some. We might go check it out today & see if thats so. Yeah $30 is a little spendy, man I wish we lived closer heck I'd MUCH rather pay $20 for Glen Helen!!!

2004TRX450R
01-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Looks kinda cool. I might have to go check it out. $30.00 doesn't sound to bad to me. I know by the time I load everything up spend money on fuel and pay for camp sites and everything to go to Florence it is more than $30.00 a day. Especially when you figure it is groomed and kept up and there is an ambulance and EMS there as soon as you wreck. I know for sure there isn't at the dunes. When you figure what all you really get and what it costs them to build and maintaine and staff the track for a day $30.00 isn't that bad of a price as long as you get lots of track time.

dirtmomma
01-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Looks kinda cool. I might have to go check it out. $30.00 doesn't sound to bad to me. I know by the time I load everything up spend money on fuel and pay for camp sites and everything to go to Florence it is more than $30.00 a day. Especially when you figure it is groomed and kept up and there is an ambulance and EMS there as soon as you wreck. I know for sure there isn't at the dunes. When you figure what all you really get and what it costs them to build and maintaine and staff the track for a day $30.00 isn't that bad of a price as long as you get lots of track time.

Well if ya go out there give me a shout maybe we can come & say hi or ride w/ ya!! WEll I hate to burst your bubble but they DO NOT have an ambulance/emt there BUT theyare right around the corner :D Thought yuou were riding that 450 today???

Chef
01-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Thought yuou were riding that 450 today???

He rode here for like 30-45 minutes, and hes coming back today for a little more.:cool:

AndreS
01-26-2004, 04:27 AM
i've riden at the cyclebarn/marysville track a couple times when it was a little harsh, but i haven't been back. maybe this week???

i rode at RMC once, before they stopped letting quads on it for MX. i didn't make it to ride the flat track there. right now Jeff graves is trying to get a group of riders willing to go... needs a list of 40 for them to set a date.

if you set a date for riding at washougal, i'll definitely pass the word along, & depending on my schedule i may be able to go.

would anyone be interested in an ATV only harescramble at Goldendale, WA (same track they are running the WORCS races on in march) at the end of april??? right now it's still not firm, but the track owner is very quad frendly & so is the track. jeff bocook is working on getting it set up...

dirtmomma
01-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by AndreS
i've riden at the cyclebarn/marysville track a couple times when it was a little harsh, but i haven't been back. maybe this week???

i rode at RMC once, before they stopped letting quads on it for MX. i didn't make it to ride the flat track there. right now Jeff graves is trying to get a group of riders willing to go... needs a list of 40 for them to set a date.

if you set a date for riding at washougal, i'll definitely pass the word along, & depending on my schedule i may be able to go.

would anyone be interested in an ATV only harescramble at Goldendale, WA (same track they are running the WORCS races on in march) at the end of april??? right now it's still not firm, but the track owner is very quad frendly & so is the track. jeff bocook is working on getting it set up...

Hey there, did they quit letting quads @ RMC becuz of the poles in the middle??? anyway I replied to the harescramble thread somewhere else, the 3 of us would definetly be interested in that!! I've been wanting to do a harescramble on the 300!! Keep me updating PLEASE I need a week or two notice especially to make a road trip to Goldendale. Gotta get the bus ready to go;) need to fix a water line that froze & broke :mad: anyway keep me posted!! Let me know also if you go to Motoplex this week I'm wanting to go out there too, to see if it's toned down a little!! TTYL< Kym

2004TRX450R
01-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by AndreS

Jeff is trying to get a group together for RMC or Washougal? When I picked up my 450R at RMC they mentioned me being able to ride at the track and get a discount on service work if I need it while I was rideing there. So I don't know what the deal is with ATVs there. I have heard that they don't let them too but when I picked up my bike it seems that you could. I think my bro. said that he saw a quad class or something at the track when he went to check it out when I was buying my bike so who knows. I guess I'll have to call and see.

AndreS
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
jeff is trying to get a list of guys willing to go to RMC... but if you get a date for washougal, definitely tell him... he'll pass the word on to many more riders & so will I.

i was at the track(RMC) when one quad rider had to be life-flighted out due to a serious crash.(he's recovering) since that one they have not let quads on the track as much for MX... it had nothing to do with the poles.

goldendale is firming up for april 25th... it's an ATV only event & looks like a tag team type race. i will post another thread on it("Oregon, Idaho & Washington riders"), pass the word on to as many riders as you can! the more riders we have at this race, the more likely other events of it's type will soon follow....

i have wednesday & thursday off to go to marysville.