PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/SKS rifle

jst
01-19-2004, 04:07 PM
The darn thing keeps jamming up on me when I try to rapidly go through the clip.What gives?It acts like it is trying to load 2 shells at once as if the slide is going back and forth 2 times insted of only once.If no one knows the answer,do you know of a forum on a gun site that might be able to help?

CEET400ex
01-19-2004, 04:16 PM
mine used to do that...i just took er apart and gave it a good cleaning and reassembled and hasnt happened since.your case may be diff though

Pappy
01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
id say the spings are too heavy in the magazine.....

and also, clean the weapon and use a lighter weight oil on the slide

LTandRaptorider
01-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Yeah, cleaning it is very important. Chinese ammo can be a little dirty, and they use a corrosive primer. Are you using the fixed mag that came with it, or an aftermarket 30 round mag? 30 rd. mags can be finicky. Check that weapon out before continuing to fire it! ;)

jst
01-19-2004, 04:23 PM
The weapon is pretty much on the dry side right know.As with most of these,mine has not had any easy life.

LTandRaptorider
01-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by jst
The weapon is pretty much on the dry side right know.As with most of these,mine has not had any easy life.

Well, like pappy said, get some light oil on it. Lube the bolt good, and make sure you use a tooth brush and cleaner on the extractor, it can get gunked up and cause feeding problems.

Bad Habit
01-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Pretty much what Pappy and LTRider said. I've seen some of the surplus guns that looked like they grabbed them by the buttend of the stock and dipped them in a 55 gallone drum of grease. And that chit is the stickest substance I've ever seen.......well, maybe second stickiest anyway.

Also, is it Russian or Chinese? We have had a couple of Chinese guns with the stamped receivers that we could not get to cycle for chit, no matter what we did. The Russian guns with machined receivers are quite a bit better as far as the internal functioning is concerned.

RabidPitWeasle
01-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Take it all apart and make sure you clean the gasport. If your SKS came with cleaning kit in the butt of the gun use the thing that looks like an allen wrench(gasport cleaner) stick the cut edges into the port and turn it a few times to clean the crud.
If you got some pipe cleaners use those also, make sure you clean the gaspistion.
Sounds like your gas port is getting plugged with carbon.:D

jst
01-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Mine is the Chenese model,and yes it has a 30 rd. detatch mag.

bone705
01-20-2004, 05:57 PM
u might try a differnt clip. we have a 20rd clip that always casue the sks to jam. the other clips cycle fine.