PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mid East Outlaw race

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 10:50 AM
The Outlaw race in Morganton, NC was cold and fun. Just asked those few that toughed out the chilly weather on a RAIN FREE day!!!

QUADS
Pro:
1. Jeff Stoess
2. Santo DeRisi
3. Mike Houston
4. John Rowling
5. Brian Carswell
6. Chris Borich

A:
1. Ryan Reed
2. Will Cashion
3. Traci Cecco
4. Eddy Siegers
5. Scott Brown
6. Jason Walker
7. David Massey
8. Victor McKinney

2 Stroke:
1. Brandon Reece

4 Stroke B:
1. Josh Duckworth
2. Neil Pitts Jr.
3. Jimmy Houston
4. Adam Buchanan
5. Barry Rhames
6. Michael Bradshaw
7. John Bagwell
8. Scott Schmidt
9. Stacy Dunacn

Vet:
1. Shon Franklin
2. Andrew Parker
3. Glenn Ledford
4. Ryan Apple
5. Nathan Boyd
6. Chad Perry
7. Jerry Wilfong

Senior:
1. Jeff Hunter
2. Rob Kertesz
3. Paul Tate
4. Jeff Mayse

Super Senior:
1. Jim Houston Sr.

4 Stroke C:
1. Matt Barrier
2. Aaron Wittenburg
3. Gannon Roper
4. Joseph McCurry
5. Parks Moss
6. Travis Ginley
7. William Tadlock
8. Casey Foster
9. Brandon Abee
10. William Myers
11. Derrick Copeland

Utility:
1. Chris Buff
2. Chad Higginbotham
3. Brian Willis
4. Kevin Johnston
5. Shawn Ratenski

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Brian Carswell took his first holeshot and tried to show the boys what to do....

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 10:57 AM
John Rowling took 4th place in the Pro Class as well as fourth overall.

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Santo was running third for most the day, trying to work out bike problems. This was Santo's first race aboard the four stroke at the Mid East and he wasn't struggling at all. He made a great transition from the Roll. Team Owner Jay Gobel worked with Santo during the race to get him into second overall at the checkered flag.

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Chris Borich had plans to come down south and whoop up on these local boys. On the start his chain came off. Some serious tough luck!!!! Mr. Borich, notorious at the GNCC's for getting Borich back into the race, got Chris going and was able to make four laps till a tire rod broke. Hopefully Chris can come back and show off his moves for us

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Mike Houston, the man who was about to eat Jeff Stoess ALL DAY LONG. Houston is a big upcoming Pro rider in the GNCC's and his performance on Sunday proved he is ready. He was all over the competition, gaining seconds every lap till some fuse problems plagued him in the end to drop him back to third overall. Don't worry though, he'll get them next time.

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Ryan Reed took the A class win and 6th overall. Ryan got by Will Cashion and Traci Cecco after both experienced their share of tough luck

400exstunta
01-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Great Pics and info Miss Hamrick. Hopefully this year you will be snapping photos of the AtvNC team as well to throw up here. :)

cdalejef
01-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Great pics Bonnie!

Admin
01-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Awesome Job Bonnie :D and Thanks for the Great Pictures!

01-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Why no pics of the champ Jeffy.. Bryan not let you take em???? :o

Wingnut
01-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Bonnie Hamrick
Santo was running third for most the day, trying to work out bike problems. This was Santo's first race aboard the four stroke at the Mid East and he wasn't struggling at all. He made a great transition from the Roll. Team Owner Jay Gobel worked with Santo during the race to get him into second overall at the checkered flag.

You know you've run a track too much when you can take second overall with your eyes closed.

cdalejef
01-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
You know you've run a track too much when you can take second overall with your eyes closed. LMAO....thats what I was thinking!

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Will Cashion - boy had the lead most of the race in the A Class. His parents gave him the wrap about racing against a woman, but Will found it a challenge through and through. What an awesome race.

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Rico - Jeff was going so fast, none of his pics turned out great. But if he shows himself at another Mid east, he will be definately getting a photo up!!!

simoniz
01-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Yea Bonnie great pics. I really hate I didn't come and at least watch.

Bonnie Cook
01-19-2004, 01:43 PM
For all those greedy for more.....
Check out the website:
www.mideastinterstate.com

rowlrag
01-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Here's a good one of Jeff sunday.

rowlrag
01-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Thanks Bonnie, that place is cool, been nice if it were muddier, but it was a blast!!!;)

holeshot19
01-19-2004, 06:59 PM
ha ha u know its bad when i line up on the end of the A class line then traci pulls up beside me. then i have guys coming over to me and saying dont let her beat u so bad :mad:

gump
01-19-2004, 10:21 PM
boys i thought traci overalled the morning races cause they usually start up front.. but after seeing her ride i know it's skill now.. believe the hype !!!!! she is that fast.. would be honored to be outrun bye her.. and she'll get her chance at ga, steele creek, big buck.. simply amazing.. and it was great putting faces with names.. thanks for coming down guys and gal.. didn't get to race yall, but maybe next time

gump
01-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bonnie Hamrick
Ryan Reed took the A class win and 6th overall. Ryan got by Will Cashion and Traci Cecco after both experienced their share of tough luck
know what i like about this pic ???
won the a class !!!!
6th overall !!!
notice the the stock shocks and bumper.. only thing i see in it is handle bars .. someone buy him some suspension and get out of his way... lol
great job Ryan

465Stroker
01-20-2004, 05:13 AM
Awesome race! Traci and I had a great time on Saturday and Sunday: Great weather and even better racers & spectators. A BIG thanks to all that helped Traci get righted up after crashing out and also getting some stump/branch a few laps later out of her front end too. Everyone was very helpful and we much appreciated it. After a nice 9 hour ride home we were back to reality with 10-20 degree weather at 3AM Monday morning..... :(