PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Away With Paying Taxes On A Atv...

jfboy
01-19-2004, 12:54 AM
I SEE THESE ADDS IN THE CYCLETRADER TAHT SAYS TAHT IF I BUY A NEW QUAD FROM A DELAER OUT OF STATE THEY DONT COLLECT ANY TAXES FROM ME ??? IS THAT A GIMMIC.. IS THERE A WAY TO AVOID PAYING TAXES ON A NEW QUAD ??

hondarider2006
01-19-2004, 02:39 AM
sure come to Fairbanks Alaska, there isn't a sales tax;)

01-19-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by jfboy
I SEE THESE ADDS IN THE CYCLETRADER TAHT SAYS TAHT IF I BUY A NEW QUAD FROM A DELAER OUT OF STATE THEY DONT COLLECT ANY TAXES FROM ME ??? IS THAT A GIMMIC.. IS THERE A WAY TO AVOID PAYING TAXES ON A NEW QUAD ??

I thought the same thing and did get a quad without paying taxes. 5 years later uncle sam sent me a bill askin WTF his money was.. :mad:

There's no such thing as not paying taxes..:macho

You might not pay it up front but you WILL pay for it at one point or another..

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-19-2004, 06:41 AM
i havent paid taxes on the last two quads i bought out of state.

Pappy
01-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
i havent paid taxes on the last two quads i bought out of state.

they are slow but if it was a new quad...they will find ya

01-19-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm only referring too new quads not used. And if it was a new quad as pappy mentioned they will find you in a few years, you can count on it.

jdt
01-19-2004, 07:14 AM
IF they do send you a bill later, you can bet that you will also have to pay a penalty + taxes. I know from experience. Some guys get caught.

01-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by jdt
IF they do send you a bill later, you can bet that you will also have to pay a penalty + taxes. I know from experience. Some guys get caught.

Yeah, now that you mention that I think they gave me a date to pay buy or a 20% fee would be added..:mad:

Always remember kiddies you can hide from your parents but not ucle sam..

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-19-2004, 07:28 AM
well if i do get a bill its no big deal...i'll just pay it...till then...:macho :macho :macho

Bill Fuller
01-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Some states let you claim the ATV for farm use and waive the taxes.

I-7
01-19-2004, 08:19 AM
i live in new york and bought quads from pennsylvania and didnt have to pay taxes unless you want to get your quad registered... then you will have to pay the taxes or something like that

theTman
01-19-2004, 08:22 AM
just go to new hampshire...no sales tax.. my old TTR125 was only 1999.99 lol

4wheelboy
01-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Mojave11
i live in new york and bought quads from pennsylvania and didnt have to pay taxes unless you want to get your quad registered... then you will have to pay the taxes or something like that

when i bought my 50 from a dealer in Pa they said i wouldnt have to pay taxes unless i registered it:o

01-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller

Only if it is rated as a utility, the big guys know the difference between a 300ex and a rincon, trust me. Been there and done that too. Buying a 400ex and puttin a rack on the back will not work, unless you have a farm ID and proof that it's used for work.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Only if it is rated as a utility, the big guys know the difference between a 300ex and a rincon, trust me. Been there and done that too. Buying a 400ex and puttin a rack on the back will not work, unless you have a farm ID and proof that it's used for work.

:throws a shovel and winch on the 450:

:eek2: :huh

Pappy
01-19-2004, 08:43 AM
damn insurance companies know also. when our 50 was stolen they asked if i used it for farm work.

ofcourse i said yes:o

2 days later the claim was denied....the guy said" Mr. Hill we cant see you using the 50 when you live on 1/8 acre":grr:

i said" well thats why i got a 50":D

they still didnt cover it:(

LathersR
01-19-2004, 08:50 AM

Ya.. some states, and plus some people are flexible (cool).. like those 18 year old's that work at the shop and you tell them to list it as a farm use quad.. Good idea.. and like the other guy said.. order a winch or summin to go with it and then just return it or sell it on ebay

300XFST4602
01-19-2004, 03:09 PM

Yes , I live in ohio and we don't have to pay any sales taxe on our quads because we own over 16 acres , so they condisder that a ranch and consider you buying the quad for farm use...... It is a good deal for us :blah:

jfboy
01-19-2004, 11:01 PM
I called a dealer in alabama(I live in Georgia) and he told me the thye make yu pay the taxs up front if I am from a stae that doesnt register/tag quads but if I am from a state that registers/tags them then I will pay the taxes whn I register it in my state...

SO HERE IS MY PLAN... call the dealer in alabama and tell them that I am a Canadian on vacation and want to pick up a new quad(I am canandian and I still have my Quebec drivers license) that way they wont make me pay taxes cuz they will think that I will pay at the border or in my Province... I will sing the bill of sale as if I was still living in Canada(My parent still have their house over there) then when I leave the dealer I head east instead of north
;) .... think it would work... ??

tom400ex
01-20-2004, 08:37 AM
I live in new york and just bought a grizzly in new jersey and didn't have to pay tax until i went to register it. 8.25% it was like $500 and somethin bucks!
if you buy a bike out of state you don't have to pay the sales tax until you register it:( :(

offroadfury
01-20-2004, 12:07 PM

Thats what I did. I bought my Raptor out of state and wrote it off as Farm Use. I have used it for the Farm more that one would think. Pretty handy for moving from field to field or just driving around wide open and supposedly looking at crops:D

01-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by offroadfury
Thats what I did. I bought my Raptor out of state and wrote it off as Farm Use. I have used it for the Farm more that one would think. Pretty handy for moving from field to field or just driving around wide open and supposedly looking at crops:D

Just be ready in another 2 years or so for a $400 bill from uncle sam..;)

Atreyu
01-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Steal it.....:rolleyes:

Try out of state, you won't get no taxes but you might get less.