PDA

View Full Version : I got a ticket today

Max400
01-19-2004, 12:19 AM
I got a ticket today for riding at the dredger ponds in oroville, it's a gravel bar here in Northern calif. I went down there the week before with my kids and at the entrance of this place along side the river where people go fishing and drive 4x4 on the hills there is a sign that said No Overnight camping, No fires and no shooting guns...... and it is open to the public, well as I was getting ready to leave the forrest ranger pulls up and wants to see or I.D. then we tells us that there is no riding ATV's here, we said the sign on the entrance didn't say anything about no quads and he gets out a handbook with some highlighted parts that says no riding of ATV's but you can drive 4x4's or motorcycles cause there street legal. I said well it should have said no ATV's on the sign at the enterance, he said well we can't put every Law on the board, but you can get a booklet at the county office that tells you this and Ignorance of the law is no excuse..... and gave me a ticket, not just a warning!!! Then he comes over to my quad and wants to start talking to me about how nice it was and a friend of his has one like this:confused: I just got in my truck and left. well I just had to rant, I can't believe that since it wasn't posted he should have let us off with a warning! I dont ride anywhere that dosn't allow quads and usually it is posted. well I'm going to court to fight it!!!:D

Punk'd
01-19-2004, 02:55 AM
ahh man that sucks wat a jerk... wen he was saying how nice it was i whould of been like ya ull never ride it so backoff! lol

K_lvl_K
01-19-2004, 03:43 AM
That is so stupid. GOOD LUCK!! I hope you whoop some ars in court.

I got in trouble once for riding in an area that was not marked as off limits to quads it was like a $200 fine. Made a quick call to my lawyer, he called someone else and got the ticket thrown out before I even went to court. :devil:

Max400
02-06-2004, 12:20 PM
I got the bill from the court for unlawful use of ATV in wildlife area. before I continue let me tell you about where this is. When you think of fish and game area you would think of a grass feild with streams, marshs and a fragile eco system:mad: well this place is along side the river where they used to dreg for gold, this place is about 3 sq. miles of gravel and rocks the size of baseballs. nothing living there, hell you can't even see you tracks and by the way it beat the Hell out of my skid plate!!!
I drove on the rodes and there where cars trucks and 4x4's on the same roads,( which are allowed) well any way the fine was $283.00 and a $100.00 of that was what they called restitution?
Restitution!!! for what the damage to the gravel???????

God this Piss's me of, then when you call fish and game they give you a big run around and say that the amount of the fine is out of their hands! what a bunch of morons:mad:

I'm going to take pics of this place and the sign which had no mention of NO ATV's, so I can take to court with me.

Hell Restitution is what I should recieve for the abuse that my skid plate took...... If I would have know the fine would have been that much I would have slipped and fell in front of the warden and had him call an ambulance the sued them for having slippery rocks and not warning me. you know I would have won that in court like the crook that get hurt in your house for tripping on your coffee table while stealing your TV.............

MOFO
02-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I agree, this is a bunch of BS. That place sounds like a money trap for the state. They should clearly state NO ATV's on that sign.

Doibugu2
02-06-2004, 01:13 PM
IMO anyone that tries to run on state run land is asking for trouble. Unless it is clearly labeled, most motorized vechiles are not allowed on state land.

But I agree still sucks.

fastexgirl4c
02-06-2004, 01:14 PM
thats sucks...my dad got a ticket for havin an illegal drive way and a illegal receration track.....it was a 500$ fine...all the pple 1 mile away from my house all called the cops sayin we were makin 2 much noise...so thats how the cops found out then.my dad called his laywer and all the charges were withdrawn cuz its our property

Greg Z
02-06-2004, 01:21 PM
some times laws are so stupid...:rolleyes:

02-06-2004, 03:02 PM
i got pulled over today too for my first time...this co pwas such a dickhead...he gave me a $627.50 ticket for these reasons...no drivers liscense at hand, no proof of insurance at hand, no regestration in hand,...then the cop asked me if I was mad at the ticket & I woudlnt respond so he tried to arrest me & then decided not to because he said he was going to be nice...then he told me he would see me in court...i think im only going to get commutity service though b/c no way in hell am i paying this much money for 1 ticket

Max400
02-06-2004, 03:50 PM
IMO anyone that tries to run on state run land is asking for trouble. Unless it is clearly labeled, most motorized vechiles are not allowed on state land.

In calif. we have plenty of state land that is OK to ride on. Land that is not for ATV's is marked NO ATV's.. I'm not saying that cops sucks, but in this cause a warning would have been good enough for me to never ride there again. I was not destroying anything or causing harm to wild life. If I was driving my jeep, truck, car or Dunebuggy it would have been OK. in fact people were there 4wheeling on some levees that I would have got stuck on and no ticket for them. I think that just because it is an ATV we get a bum rap!

AtvMxRider
02-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
b/c no way in hell am i paying this much money for 1 ticket

tough guy:rolleyes: .

wilkin250r
02-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Max400
and gave me a ticket, not just a warning!!! Then he comes over to my quad and wants to start talking to me about how nice it was and a friend of his has one like this:confused:

You should have asked him if he wanted to take it for a spin right then and there. Then you could have said in court "Even the police officer was riding in that area!"

Max400
02-06-2004, 05:24 PM
You should have asked him if he wanted to take it for a spin right then and there. Then you could have said in court "Even the police officer was riding in that area!"

That would be sweet, then call a real cop and say he stole it...LOL

Chanman420q
02-06-2004, 05:30 PM
i got pulled over today too for my first time...this co pwas such a dickhead...he gave me a $627.50 ticket for these reasons...no drivers liscense at hand, no proof of insurance at hand, no regestration in hand,...then the cop asked me if I was mad at the ticket & I woudlnt respond so he tried to arrest me & then decided not to because he said he was going to be nice...then he told me he would see me in court...i think im only going to get commutity service though b/c no way in hell am i paying this much money for 1 ticket

so i take it as u were on the street riding around and the state didnt annouce a snow emergency? because last time i got caught going down the road my quad was impounded. i could have been nailed with diving w/o a licends, driving with out registration, no plates, and no inspection sticker. but since i wasnt trying to be a tuff guy and just admitted i screwed up, i only paid 70 bucks to get it out of the impound instead of 70+$$ for fines and get my licends held up til im 18

also ur story is fishy about the "no driverlicends at hand" idk where the hell u live but around here u have 24hrs to show ur licends. then u get screwed in the arse

Werx615
02-06-2004, 09:31 PM
last time i got pulled an didnt have a license i was arrested until they could establish my identity

Mr.Offroad
02-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Then he comes over to my quad and wants to start talking to me about how nice it was and a friend of his has one like this:confused::D You shoulda said:" What? You got friends? Whattya gotta pay 'em?" I've always said, I don't know what's worse, the stinkin' laws we have, or the folks that enforce them. I've met a few good ones, but dang few.

RH1N08d9
02-06-2004, 10:42 PM
THat stinks! me and my friends almost got in your situation tonight, we were ridin on the land in the snow where we had permision from the owner, but as soon as the sheriff pulled up, my friend couldn't remember the owners name, so we almost got ticketed! The cop actually pulled though a ditch covered in 9 inches of snow so he could tell us to go home! I was hopin he would go stuck, cause parts of the ditch are like a foot deep, and really steep. Anyways, good luck in court!

ILGNCC400EX
02-06-2004, 10:53 PM
its not about the laws its all about the money

02-07-2004, 07:56 AM
well im still not paying....:mad:

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by fastexgirl4c
thats sucks...my dad got a ticket for havin an illegal drive way and a illegal receration track.....it was a 500$ fine...all the pple 1 mile away from my house all called the cops sayin we were makin 2 much noise...so thats how the cops found out then.my dad called his laywer and all the charges were withdrawn cuz its our property Ive got a buddy that was in the same situation, he and his fam have owned their land for over 50 yrs,after paying property taxes (big $$$) every yr someone called on him b/c they had a dozer out in the back-yard making a track,well he chilled for a few weeks and decided to finish his track, soon the cops came and all hell broke loose:rolleyes:

It dont matter how long you've owned land..if the city has zoning laws...your screwed:rolleyes: All I know is that KIng Co. has a law that you cannot have a track in this county,even if you call it a course:rolleyes: , but you are allowed to ride on your land if it dont bother the neighbors, but you tell me guys...what happens when you ride the same course?...it pretty much turns into a track:rolleyes: :mad: :p

rollie
02-07-2004, 10:17 AM
thats rather gay!!!!!!!!:mad:

400exrider555
02-07-2004, 11:17 AM
now i bet later on that day he goes " heh, im goin for a ride" and takes his pos quad and goes for a ride down there.........thats wat the cops here do

lol
02-07-2004, 12:10 PM
that sux!!

02-07-2004, 01:11 PM
isnt it in traffic court if you were to receive a no drivers liscense at hand & no proof of ownership at hand citations but when you go to court & present them they drop the charges? :confused:

Aceman
02-07-2004, 01:59 PM
he gave me a $627.50 ticket for these reasons...no drivers liscense at hand, no proof of insurance at hand, no regestration in hand

Didn't you know you were supposed to have all these with you when you drive?

Geee Golly officer, I thought driver's liscenses were just proof of your age for buying beer.

I mean c'mon man, you drive around with no i.d., no registration and proof of insurance and you wonder why you get a ticket. You need to take driver's ed. again. Because you must of failed it miserably.

02-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Didn't you know you were supposed to have all these with you when you drive?

Geee Golly officer, I thought driver's liscenses were just proof of your age for buying beer.

I mean c'mon man, you drive around with no i.d., no registration and proof of insurance and you wonder why you get a ticket. You need to take driver's ed. again. Because you must of failed it miserably.

:rolleyes: i was on my 400ex...why would I carry a liscense & all that when I already shouldnt of been on the road

Chanman420q
02-07-2004, 08:14 PM
:rolleyes: i was on my 400ex...why would I carry a liscense & all that when I already shouldnt of been on the road

exactly, ur riding on the road and giving quad riders a bad wrep. way to go man:o

02-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
exactly, ur riding on the road and giving quad riders a bad wrep. way to go man:o :rolleyes:

Chanman420q
02-07-2004, 09:33 PM
:rolleyes:

dont roll ur eyes at me, ur the jerk off

Aceman
02-07-2004, 09:36 PM

Ummm, you answered your own question :confused:

Just be glad they didn't arrest you and impound your quad.

As far as I'm concerned they should ban you and save everyone else from reading your immature posts. Your careless and show a total lack of responsibility. You need to start acting your age.

Good luck getting your ticket thrown out of traffic court. :rolleyes:

Chanman420q
02-07-2004, 09:44 PM
As far as I'm concerned they should ban you and save everyone else from reading your immature posts.

:D

02-07-2004, 10:40 PM
i might cry

02-07-2004, 10:42 PM

Good luck getting your ticket thrown out of traffic court. :rolleyes: too bad all my friends have already been to court & got away with a warning :rolleyes:

Chanman420q
02-08-2004, 11:28 AM
too bad all my friends have already been to court & got away with a warning :rolleyes:

what friends??:confused: :confused:

Syrus
02-08-2004, 12:26 PM
. I said well it should have said no ATV's on the sign at the enterance, he said well we can't put every Law on the board, but you can get a booklet at the county office that tells you this and Ignorance of the law is no excuse..... and gave me a ticket, not just a warning!!! fight it!!!:D

Ok, obviously you cant put every law on a small board, but it should still say "no motorized viehicals" on the sign (sp). I would of made a big sceen infront of him, till he dropped the ticket, then i would of flipped him off while driving away :P