PDA

View Full Version : Question For Polaris Snowmobile Owners

86350x
01-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Anyone else break off choke levers like crazy? I've already gone through 2 this year.

Are there any aftermarket (preferably made of medal) replacements for this cheap pos lever!:mad:

Save the "Buy a skidoo" or "Buy an arcticat" Comments for a different thread:grr:

ReconRider25
01-18-2004, 10:36 PM
you could always try and make one out of metal?

Quad18star
01-18-2004, 11:02 PM
This is a very common occurance with the Polaris' . I swear to god we sell about 10 or more in a day . I have yet to come across one that is made of metal though . I don't think you guys have Kimpex products in the USA but here in Canada , they are the leaders in aftermarket sled parts . Try contacting Royal Distributing ( www.royaldistributing.com) or order toll free 1-800-265-2970 . We might be able to get it to you next day delivery ... we're located in Guelph Ontario Canada .

hondarider2006
01-18-2004, 11:25 PM
my '97 xlt's choke always came off. I just had a pair of needle nose plyers handy just in case, so I could put it back on. If it keeps breaking, go with a primer;)

86350x
01-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
This is a very common occurance with the Polaris' . I swear to god we sell about 10 or more in a day . I have yet to come across one that is made of metal though . I don't think you guys have Kimpex products in the USA but here in Canada , they are the leaders in aftermarket sled parts . Try contacting Royal Distributing ( www.royaldistributing.com) or order toll free 1-800-265-2970 . We might be able to get it to you next day delivery ... we're located in Guelph Ontario Canada .

Greg, are the kimpex ones stronger then the stockers? They are cheap yes, but I want one that will last at least 1 season of riding.

Right now I am using pliars, the driving has been aweful here, we have 2 feet or more of snow everywhere, and the ice is insulated here, I broke through 3 times yestarday (skimmed across the opening though)

Quad18star
01-19-2004, 05:32 PM
I think they are stronger than stockers ... We haven't had anyone return them saying they busted them off ( atleast that I'm aware of). Around here we have no snow and the weather is extremely cold , we got about 2 or 3 feet of ice on all the lakes now . We're expecting snow later this week so riddign should be awesome.

2001400ex
01-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
Anyone else break off choke levers like crazy? I've already gone through 2 this year.

Are there any aftermarket (preferably made of medal) replacements for this cheap pos lever!:mad:

Save the "Buy a skidoo" or "Buy an arcticat" Comments for a different thread:grr:

Yes there is, I know for a fact. Try maybe denniskirk?

tinner
01-19-2004, 07:10 PM
I think Dennis Kirk also carries Kimpex. Pretty fast shipping too.