View Full Version : stabilizer for mx?

01-18-2004, 03:01 PM
should i run a steering stabilizer for mx??

01-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Yes

01-19-2004, 09:40 AM
stabilizers are good for anything & everything

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
stabilizers are good for anything & everything

yep yep:D

cdalejef
01-19-2004, 11:08 AM
what about drag racing? :confused:

01-19-2004, 11:11 AM
there could be some holes on the track at a drag i guess.. hey jeff i bet you have some steering stabilizers for me to buy.. how much is one gonna run me? if you have rebuildable thats great!

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
what about drag racing? :confused:

:cuss:

ok most types of riding:blah:

Woodsrider
01-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by member
should i run a steering stabilizer for mx??

Abso-****in-lutly!:D

cdalejef
01-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
:cuss:

ok most types of riding:blah: :devil:

redroost85
01-19-2004, 06:29 PM
A stabilizer is one of them things that once you ride with it, you can't imagine riding without it. It makes that much of a difference! :D

400grl
01-22-2004, 09:25 PM
I've never run a stabilizer! I rode a quad with one before and the steering seemed really unresponsive and just kinda wierd! I do have an RPM anti-vibe stem - that seems to help a lot with jarring stuff........maybe I was on a quad with a crappy stabilizer??? Do you guys find it makes the steering more unresponsive or anything? I might want to try one someday on my future race quad........how does it help you guys?

01-23-2004, 05:19 AM
i dont feel my steering being unresponsive...i like it alot. I havent ridden any of the fancier GPRR ones that mount at your handlebars though or anything so after I ride with one of those it might make me realize my handlebars are unresponsive :blah:

AlaskaSpeed
01-23-2004, 05:28 AM
A stabilizer is great for MX! Just run a moto after the 250 Pro Class tears up the track to find out why.... The steering is far from being unresponsive, not sure what you are talking about there. I know the Denton I have can be adjusted from full soft to super resistant and I still have full steering responsiveness...................JIM

400grl
01-23-2004, 07:07 AM
Yeah - I've run after the Pros at the ITP races.....holy cra@p can they grenade a track!!!! I was just wondering what benefits a stabilizer provides....what will I notice if I decide to run with one?

01-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
I've never run a stabilizer! I rode a quad with one before and the steering seemed really unresponsive and just kinda wierd! I do have an RPM anti-vibe stem - that seems to help a lot with jarring stuff........maybe I was on a quad with a crappy stabilizer??? Do you guys find it makes the steering more unresponsive or anything? I might want to try one someday on my future race quad........how does it help you guys?

I jumped on a buddy's 250R with +3 arms on the front and no stabilizer. talk about twitchy steering...:eek2: I think if you ran over a booger it would rip the bars out of your hands. Find the link to my fix to stiff steering. Get smooth turning handlebars and a stabilizer and you'll never ride without one again. I bet if I hopped on your old 400 with the +3 arms it would feel like my buddies did. You'll reduce bumpsteer and probably 40% of the BS that comes up thru the steering to your arms with a stabilizer whether its a MX or XC track. Quads should come stock with them i think..

AlaskaSpeed
01-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I jumped on a buddy's 250R with +3 arms on the front and no stabilizer. talk about twitchy steering...:eek2: I think if you ran over a booger it would rip the bars out of your hands. Find the link to my fix to stiff steering. Get smooth turning handlebars and a stabilizer and you'll never ride without one again. I bet if I hopped on your old 400 with the +3 arms it would feel like my buddies did. You'll reduce bumpsteer and probably 40% of the BS that comes up thru the steering to your arms with a stabilizer whether its a MX or XC track. Quads should come stock with them i think..

well said, my beer bellied friend....:devil:

400grl
01-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah - being that wide up front it was a struggle sometimes to keep the bars in my hands.....especially with the small tires I was running up front. I will be setting up my next MX quad a little differently this time around......! :) What type of stabilizer do you recommend? :)

emj426
01-23-2004, 09:06 AM
I run a W.E.R. stabilizer and I like it. Once you use one, you will never ride without one again!

01-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Yeah - being that wide up front it was a struggle sometimes to keep the bars in my hands.....especially with the small tires I was running up front. I will be setting up my next MX quad a little differently this time around......! :) What type of stabilizer do you recommend? :)

Depends on how much cash you wanna spend. I've been using a denton rebuildable one for 3 years. Cost is like $150 or you can go all out and get a scott or wer and spend $350+:eek2:

emj426
01-23-2004, 10:16 AM
You do have a point, but i get my W.E.R. at a really good discount. I had a Denton and didn't have much luck with it. Maybe i just got a bad one out of the batch.