PDA

View Full Version : adjustable shocks

slosh13
01-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Ive seen a lot of of shocks that are starting to have the compression and rebound adjustable devices on the shocks. What makes the shock so much better with having those options rather than just having the compression adjustability? Also With a hi-lo speed setting will i notice a lot more performance out of the shock?

01-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by slosh13
Ive seen a lot of of shocks that are starting to have the compression and rebound adjustable devices on the shocks. What makes the shock so much better with having those options rather than just having the compression adjustability? Also With a hi-lo speed setting will i notice a lot more performance out of the shock?

rebound adjust doesnt really do much unless you got a high dollar front end...it will enable you to use all of the shock travel available...enabling you to go over things faster then you normally would...is it a waste? no...but if you got a stock front end it is

01-18-2004, 04:36 PM
compression is a VERY VALUABLE tuning instrument. It adjusts the stiffness. I have compression adj on my tcs and its cool u can sitch from soft to stiff im a matter of seconds.