PDA

View Full Version : ELKA vs. TCS

slosh13
01-17-2004, 04:38 PM
I am in a situation here where i MIGHT be lookin in to buying new shocks. I love my tcs triple rate zps but ive heard a lot of positive feedback about elka. Ive been lookin at the quad rate zps styled hi-lo speed adjustability comp and rebound adjustable shocks front and rear. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks

slosh

crap-banshee32
01-17-2004, 05:38 PM
ELKA....i think there better, go with the quadrates, cant go wrong.:)

Nick

01-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32

Nick

i agree

01-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32

Nick

:muscle:

Greg Z
01-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Im not a fan of ELKA i've heard of valving problems and blown seals

I never heard 1 problem with TCS

you can get quadrate TCS with adj/comp w/ rezzies for 700 bucks thats a great deal from BansheeBC ( BOB AT MAGNOLIA TRACTOR )

www.magnoliatractorINC.com

700 dollars is a great price when they retail for a lot more then that K&K sells TCS shocks the same exact ones Bob sells them for 850...

IMO they are one of the top 3 shocks

1. Axis
2. PEP
3. TCS

;) thats how it goes

01-17-2004, 06:31 PM
keep what you got & get it revalved to be better....you will lose more money by switching

Pappy
01-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
keep what you got & get it revalved to be better....you will lose more money by switching

i agree unless you have to have the hi-low blah blah blah

you wouldnt go wrong with elka.

neals03400
01-17-2004, 08:17 PM
i just ordered elka triple rate springs ZPS for my 400 no rezzies
+2arms what improvements will i see riding mx recreation

01-17-2004, 08:20 PM
u will see a HUGE improvement on jumps and landing...along with turning...you will also be able to take the whoops at higher speeds

Cole Trane
01-17-2004, 08:48 PM
I just got my 400 put together today, one of my new things are the elkas. I haven't gotten to ride them yet, but as soon as I do I'll let you know how they perform. They are the tripple rate, ssd, comp adjust. I can't wait!!

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by slosh13
I am in a situation here where i MIGHT be lookin in to buying new shocks. I love my tcs triple rate zps but ive heard a lot of positive feedback about elka. Ive been lookin at the quad rate zps styled hi-lo speed adjustability comp and rebound adjustable shocks front and rear. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks

slosh

i was in the same boat about a month ago...i chose tcs suspension because i feel they make better shocks. they have extremely low prices, slow wait time, and quality is right on top with the competitors. if you do a search on them you will see the people that run their stuff always have good things to say, so that has to tell you something. everyone will tell ya a different story though about shocks and who is best, so my advice to you is go with the shocks YOU feel are best. my opinion = tcs.

Cole Trane
01-18-2004, 09:58 AM
I also had great service from elka, they were here in less than a week.

crap-banshee32
01-18-2004, 10:14 AM
alot of pro riders are switching to elka now, thats got to tell you something

slosh13
01-18-2004, 10:31 AM
How much are the Elka's with the comp/rebound adjustable hi-lo speed setting quadrates zps? I looked on their site but i couldnt find any. I would prolly get those fronts and some kind of rear shock to go with it. What would be the best shock to match the performance of the fronts?

LathersR
01-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Elka may have had probs a year or 3/4 of a year ago.. that was becuase they srarted usin different parts.. they changed that.. Shocks are A++

01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by slosh13
How much are the Elka's with the comp/rebound adjustable hi-lo speed setting quadrates zps? I looked on their site but i couldnt find any. I would prolly get those fronts and some kind of rear shock to go with it. What would be the best shock to match the performance of the fronts?

i would say you could get those for $1200 or so...maybe just $1000...my fronts retail are $895 and rear is like $780 or somethin if that means anything to you...are you wanting the fronts to be no preload? if so i would pick up a rear like mine...and the rebound adjust isnt worth it unless you are running extended or long travel a arms because on stock length you will lose 1/2'' of shock travel with rebound adjust on the front shocks

neals03400
01-18-2004, 12:59 PM
how much suspension travel improvment will i see and what is the difference in zps an ssd. how much to convert my rear shock to zps and new spring

Narly R
01-18-2004, 01:15 PM
I have NO complaints about my Elka Quad Rates! Except there are so many adjustment they are kinda hard to get dialed in...

Its all about the money, if you can afford it GET IT!;)

Elka is prolly the best shock right now, yes they DID have problems, but none that I hear of now.:)

01-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by neals03400
how much suspension travel improvment will i see and what is the difference in zps an ssd. how much to convert my rear shock to zps and new spring

my sponsor, PBS performance, can get you the rear converted for $325...and you can get elka components or gold tech...also im not sure how much more suspension you will get...but you will gain the better shock usage...ssd=self sagging device and zps=zero preload they are the same thing

LathersR
01-18-2004, 02:44 PM
TCS.. well they do have a better price.. If I was greedy and didnt wanna spend the extra bucks to get the elkas i would have got the TCS shocks.. But I got the elka quad rate LT and have never had a problem and dont regret paying what I did for them.... so much travel, and so many adjustments.. Also the do a dual rate conversion rear.. great deal My sponsor does it for 275.00 .. great god damn deal and works well..

01-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LathersR
TCS.. well they do have a better price.. If I was greedy and didnt wanna spend the extra bucks to get the elkas i would have got the TCS shocks.. But I got the elka quad rate LT and have never had a problem and dont regret paying what I did for them.... so much travel, and so many adjustments.. Also the do a dual rate conversion rear.. great deal My sponsor does it for 275.00 .. great god damn deal and works well..

is that your price or their price? and who is your sponsor?

LathersR
01-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Well I have quite a few sponsors.. The one where I get the best deals on shocks, and rebuilding is Christian Paul Motorsports.. He usuually charges 275.00 or so... I cannot tell you my price..

04 Sponsors..
- Nac's Racing
- Fibe Industries
- Christian Paul Motorsports
- AC Racing
- JC's
- And always pappy will be there to help me through my tough times with powdercoating if im in desperate need...

01-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Well a have quite a few sponsors.. The one where I get the best deals on shocks, and rebuilding is Christian Paul Motorsports.. He usuually charges 275.00 or so... I cannot tell you my price..

ah yes i kno them...i woulda sent them my resume but they didnt have a email or fax...and there site doesnt work at all...and hasnt for like a year lol:D

LathersR
01-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Well that is partially my fault because I was in charge of all of that until I quit lol.. My bad man.. if you are still intrested you can send it to me and I'll give it to him.. He is 30 minutes from my house.. I usually see him once a week.

01-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Well that is partially my fault because I was in charge of all of that until I quit lol.. My bad man.. if you are still intrested you can send it to me and I'll give it to him.. He is 30 minutes from my house.. I usually see him once a week.

o lol...ya im still interested...the more help the better...add me on aim and i will talk to u on there...i am soulreaverx2k on aim

LathersR
01-18-2004, 06:10 PM
ay ay capt'n