PDA

View Full Version : best 250r rear hubs

250rpilot
01-17-2004, 01:53 PM
my choices are- stock, lonestar microlite, durablue, or RPM taperlocks.

please give me your experiences with these hubs, my stockers have worn splines and no longer stay tight. thanks.

Pappy
01-17-2004, 02:44 PM
it depends on what you have the money for. a good set of stock used hubs will be ok and last a great while.

if its a fancy part you want then go with the rpm hubs.

250rpilot
01-17-2004, 04:05 PM
i just want the best part for the money. if the rpm will hold up the best, by all means, it will be rpm that i buy. i am sick and tired of having to tighten up my hubs after every 1/2 day of riding.

the only problem with the rpm that i see, is if they do loosen up, they will just spin, where the others will get me back to the truck so i can tighten them. anyone ever use the rpm hubs before?

250rpilot
01-19-2004, 03:24 PM
bump

AndrewRRR
01-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by 250rpilot
i just want the best part for the money. if the rpm will hold up the best, by all means, it will be rpm that i buy. i am sick and tired of having to tighten up my hubs after every 1/2 day of riding.

the only problem with the rpm that i see, is if they do loosen up, they will just spin, where the others will get me back to the truck so i can tighten them. anyone ever use the rpm hubs before?

Why do your stock hubs loosen up? I am using stock ones on my R with a RPM axle and they stay on fine between the 150ft lbs or whatever it is the manual recommends and the cotter pin to keep the nut from backing off.

250rpilot
01-20-2004, 01:40 PM
they loosen up because the splines are worn...the splines are worn from being ridden while they were loose becasue the guy that owned the quad before me never bothered to tighten them.:mad:

the stockers are 90 bucks a piece at service honda, the durablues are 134 from c&d racing, and i am not sure how much the lonestar's are. the rpm's are 250. so far the best choice would be durablue, but they are aluminum with steel splines. i dont know how that will hold up...anyone have durablue hubs that can tell me their experiences???:confused:

AndrewRRR
01-20-2004, 07:20 PM
That sucks. I'm assuming the splines on the axle are still ok? Do you still have a stock axle?
I have durablue rear hubs on my LT250R. No complaints here. I'd say if they will hold my 600cc 4 cyl motor and the 10 paddle taller haulers on that bike they should hold on a R fine!

250rpilot
01-20-2004, 07:29 PM
they actually worked better on the stock axle. they are worse with the new lonestar. i am going with a rpm this year, adn i want to put new hubs on. thanks andrew, thats the feedback i am looking for....whether they hold up or not.