PDA

View Full Version : what store is the best place to order

tumbler440Ex
02-22-2002, 03:18 PM
hey there
i em wondering what store would be the best place to order a 440 big bore kit from
i would like to have a store more towards or around the same side as maine cause i live in new brunswick canada, but if there aint any its alright just give me a few stores like nacs is good right under neith me
and what would be the best 440 kit IMS? i herd good things bout them
or wiesico 440 kit?
and
can u just replace the bearings in the connectiong rod or ya have to buy a hole connectiong rod?
:confused:

Sandragggen
02-22-2002, 06:05 PM
I have a IMS 440 with a JE piston. Alot of people claim the JE is a better piston. JE is owned by Wiseco.

If you are doing the 440 kit, mild cam and a little porting you won't need a rod. If you plan on bigger valves, race cam, larger carb I would do the rod. If you plan on putting in a rod I would suggest buying a Carrillo from Carrillo. I paid $239 at Sparks, Carrillo sells to the public for $175...$135 if you can prove that you own a shop. The Carrillo rod is alot heavier than either the Hot Rod or ProNiks.

I have been looking all over the place to buy just the lower rod bearing and crank pin for my EX and had little to no luck. You can not buy just the lower bearing and pin from Honda; they only sell the complete crank assembly. After talking with Wiseco, they are about to release a bearing and pin kit. I talked with Crankworks and they claim they can get the bearing and pin kit from Wiseco now; this came from the deskhelp not Phil the owner who was out of town at the time I called. The other option is to buy a complete rod, pin, and lower bearing from ProNiks. I've heard that HRC sells the bearing and pin but as to date have not talked with them to verify. Scott at Sparks said to use the exsisting bearing and pin....I think not.

If I had to do it all over again, I would buy a Sparks sleeve and piston for the walls of the sleeve are thicker than the IMS and are not tapered at the bottom. The Sparks sleeve is more labor intensive to install for the cases have to be machined to except the sleeve. LA Sleeves might be as thick..I don't know.

I have had no problem with my IMS 440 kit in the year and a half that I've owned it, but when it comes to violent explosions thicker is better in my book.

Jay

02-22-2002, 06:12 PM
yea, jays said all that right, try marcums, or moto-man, im pretty sure they carry ims and the like.

ChadEXer
02-25-2002, 08:19 AM
I got the 416 kit from Marcums a while back. At the races this weekend I beat 2 IMS 440 kits and a Wiseco 440 kit. I dont know what the deal is but my 416 has beat every 440 and 426 I have raced so far.

NewRider
02-25-2002, 08:44 AM
ChadEXer,

The first line of your sig sounds like your answer. ;)

NewRider

shook
02-26-2002, 08:06 PM
The guy races and sells stuff real cheap give him a call.
Colby @Platte Valley ATV (C&D Racing great people and excellent service fast at getting parts out too.Oh by the way heres the #(308)368-7805 Tell them Wade sent ya!!