PDA

View Full Version : wtf is the matter with my rear brake?

JDiablo
01-16-2004, 07:48 PM
alright,when i was puttin my quad back toghter i looked at my rear brake caliper and noticed that my brake pads were closed up against one another,just as if they were on the brake rotor and you pressed the rear pedal,but lets jus say ill say my brother steped on the pedal when the caliper was off the rotor and they closed...so i take the pads off ,and somehow i got the piston to go into its normal postition,then i re installed the brake pads,then i put everything back toghter,bleed the brake properly,so i go on it today to give everything a last checkup,and im pressing my rear brake pedal and they only catch the tinyest(sp) bit on the rotor and will not the my quad,what is my problem here?im guessing that i will need new brake pads?

marksuttonjr
01-16-2004, 10:37 PM
How much material is left on the pads?
Are you sure that there is nothing stuck in the caliper preventing it from closing?
Are you sure that you pumped the pedel enough to force all the air out when you blead them?
Did you pump the pedel several times after bleeding them just to check everything out?
Are you sure that you do not have some oil on them preventing them from causing enough friction?

cdalejef
01-17-2004, 06:27 AM
You have air in the brake lines that needs to be bled!

Stevie-D
01-17-2004, 07:46 AM
lmao..dont let your brake pads get worn down so bad that the rivits are what is clamping down on your brake rotor:D lmao...live & learn i guess:macho

JDiablo
01-17-2004, 07:49 AM
chit no doubt,i already ordered some brake pads a couple days ago actually,i jus wanted it to work yesterday so i can take it out for a ride since puttin the thing back toghtet,and yes i bleed them properly like 5 times and im sick of cleaning up brake fluid that gets on the floor,lol.Idk i will have to try the new brake pads,and maybe my rotor is warped or something i guess a new one will come to,thanks for you replies,and yes a lesson learned.