PDA

View Full Version : sponcership

Rrider4life8
01-16-2004, 07:41 PM
does anyone wanna sponcer lil ole me this race season??? I got a 250R with plenty of pics and i am planning on raceing alot of races this year

andrew

03400EX_Nacs
01-16-2004, 07:58 PM
i know this has nothing to do with what your asking but what all would your sponcer do for you?

Rrider4life8
01-16-2004, 08:38 PM
welp i would like to get some dicounts ... my friend gets 50% off on all his shizz. and i would put there graphics on my R and tear the old shizz off:rolleyes: :D

03400EX_Nacs
01-16-2004, 09:30 PM
50%:eek2: well hey i am pretty good friends with our local shop i'll see what i can do :devil:

Rrider4life8
01-17-2004, 09:42 PM
that would be super ... i just need something to put on the quad and maybe some discounts here in there for when i break shizz

ridefastrgetoff
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Are you still lookin for help ? We've been helping riders just like you and we are now in our fourth year with 400+ riders on board. If you're still lookin, let us know.

Rrider4life8
01-20-2004, 04:30 AM
yes i do need some help .... I am selling my R and getting a fo fiddy. BUt if i cant sell the R in a couple weeks I am keeping it. If you could help me and any way it will be greatly appreciated

GNCC#829
01-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
does anyone wanna sponcer lil ole me this race season??? I got a 250R with plenty of pics and i am planning on raceing alot of races this year

andrew

You will want to try to appear professional! That includes using spell check on everything that you type!;)

dirtmomma
01-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by GNCC#829
You will want to try to appear professional! That includes using spell check on everything that you type!;)

OH DARN you beat me too it!! :rolleyes: IT IS SPELLED "SPONSOR" I can't believe how many times I see it spelled wrong on here, I hope to God you guys don't send resume's out w/ that spelling :o I'm gonna post a link on here that has some VERY useful info in it, read it well & listen to what they are saying!!

http://www.flattrack.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=100&topic_id=397&mesg_id=397&page=6

LT250Racer609
01-23-2004, 04:56 PM
I have also been looking for sponsership's too...Tj cycles is interested in sponsering me because im good friends with the mechanic and he comes to watch me race...i would just like to find some sponser's for discounts also, if anyone would like to help me out

01-23-2004, 05:20 PM
beggers thread...u guys need to go do ur own work and stop begging people to sponsor you...how do u think we pick up all our sponsors...we make phone calls and make resumes...we dont sit on our *** and beg people...go do your own stuff and work for your own sponsors...instead of begging people on exriders to ask people for you :huh :devil:..o ya i almost forgot...learn how to spell:rolleyes:

LT250Racer609
01-24-2004, 04:25 PM
i would love to do it myself and fill out Resume's...but the only problem is i dont know how? if you could please just let me know how to, that would make it much easier for me instead of asking like this...

dirtmomma
01-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by LT250Racer609
i would love to do it myself and fill out Resume's...but the only problem is i dont know how? if you could please just let me know how to, that would make it much easier for me instead of asking like this...

Here maybe this will help you get started,
1. Choose companies whose product that you believe in. This will make it much easier for you to do your job. For lack of a better way to describe it, you are their paid spokesperson. Therefore, choose companies whose product or service you’d be inclined to use regardless of sponsorship. There is no point in going for second best.
2. Call each company on your list and get a contact name. This is the person you will send your resume (including cover letter) and updates to. Be sure to get the correct spelling of their name. If it’s disrespectful not to send a personalized cover letter, imagine what it’s like to send a cover letter with your contact person’s name misspelled. This not only shows the proper amount of respect to the person you will be dealing with, but personalizes the relationship. Now, sometimes when you call, you will be told just to send it to “Racer Support”. This happens sometimes, and you should follow the instructions given. My personal favorite is opening up a cover letter that opens with “Dear Sirs”. Not usually a good start with me.
3. I favor a chronological resume showing promotion. It’s a good way for you to show movement upwards through the ranks of the sport with highlights. It’s a very simple format which is both easy to write and easy to read.
4. Since a resume should only be 1 – 2 pages long and contain objective, factual information, it is imperative that you include a cover letter. This is your chance to inject a little of your character and personality into the process. It also gives you the opportunity to demonstrate that you understand the sponsor/sponsoree relationship and let’s them know what you believe you can bring to the relationship.
5. Do include a photo. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.
6. Fancy covers are not necessary. Let your accomplishments and abilities speak for themselves. I knew a guy in the industry who tossed any resumes that didn’t fit into the drawer of his file cabinet. Why waste the money?
7. After you’ve sent your resume, place a follow-up phone call. Some companies process their resumes as they arrive while some specify a period for which they accept resumes and process them all when that period ends. Find out that company’s policy. This will make the waiting process far more bearable for you and possibly save your contact from telephone calls for updates.
8. Once you are sponsored, send updates. Depending on your race schedule, these could be weekly or monthly. Now that the company has decided to spend their advertising resources with you, they want to know what’s going on. Some companies may even go back and check their records for updates when it comes to sponsorship for the following year.

Most importantly, remember that those who make sponsorship/advertising decisions are people and should be treated with respect. The Golden Rule applies, treat people as you would like to be treated.

You may want to go to the link I posted above & read some of what the "sponsors" themselves have to say if you already havent'!!

quadchick3
01-25-2004, 01:24 PM
also alot of companies stopped even looking at resumes at the end of december 03 for the 2004 season.... you might be a little bit late