PDA

View Full Version : info needed for a roost boost plus

02-22-2002, 01:27 PM
i am building a 300 ex ice racer, it is bored 60 over with a 12 to 1 piston and hot rods. also has a web cam and springs and a supertrapp exhaust,k\n filter and jet kit.I bought this answer roost boost at a bike show .i am not sure what it does and dont know how to wire it.does anyone know the pros and cons on these? and does anyone know how to wire it?I have heard that this unit will advance your timeing but dont really know the point. should i junk it or try to use it?Any thoughts would be helpul
Thanks
Bassplayer
ksggr@aol.com

Kadafiy
02-22-2002, 02:15 PM
They come on LT20r's. I heard of people taking them off but I left mine on. Never really knew what it did but it wasn't bothering anythin so I left it alone. I think it was for better throttle response but not sure. Wher are you ice racing in Akron?

02-22-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Kadafiy
They come on LT20r's. I heard of people taking them off but I left mine on. Never really knew what it did but it wasn't bothering anythin so I left it alone. I think it was for better throttle response but not sure. Wher are you ice racing in Akron?
i live on portage lakes here in akron and a bunch of us do it just for fun.but would like to ask the state to have a real event.
who knows