View Full Version : Reversing 300EX front wheels for a wider front end.

drifterx
01-16-2004, 06:26 PM
I have a brand new 300EX that I am very happy with. I do wish however that is was a little more stable. My question is this... I have seen a few other 300EX's with the wheels mounted on the opposite side of the rim. I guess they just unbolt the wheels, flip them around, and remount them. This seems to widen the front end up about 2" on each side. This seems like a cheap easy way to gain a few more inches up front, but is it safe? I am on a tight budget, so i don't want to have to get new parts if something breaks. Does anyone know if this will safely work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:D :D

dirtmomma
01-16-2004, 06:42 PM
You will get some bump steer, & it's a little hard on the spindles but mine was ran like that for quite awhile till I got bigger Aarms. Just dont' go out & get HUGE air & you should be fine ;) lots of people will say yes, & lots will say NO so just do what you like I guess.

drifterx
01-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks A Lot!!

:D :D :D :D :D

cdalejef
01-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Its a very bad idea! Another problem is the steele inserts in the wheel will be on the wrong side so your wheels will not center themselves.

drifterx
01-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I don't think i'll do it. Too Risky! I may just save up for a new set of a-arms.

Thanks for all the advice! I appreciate it.

:D