PDA

View Full Version : Magura clutch, stainless line problems!

A4StrokeGuy
01-16-2004, 03:20 PM
ok, well i melted my rubber line last week so i ordered a braided metal line for it. They gave me all these fittings for the end that connects to the handlebar mounted master cylinder. Seems like none of these fittings work! Any tips on how to put this thing together would be greatly appreciated. Also how and the hel do i get the screw out of the slave cyclinder that is holding the line in?

jordan

A4StrokeGuy
01-17-2004, 09:19 AM
to the top

K_Fulk
01-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by A4StrokeGuy
ok, well i melted my rubber line last week so i ordered a braided metal line for it. They gave me all these fittings for the end that connects to the handlebar mounted master cylinder. Seems like none of these fittings work! Any tips on how to put this thing together would be greatly appreciated. Also how and the hel do i get the screw out of the slave cyclinder that is holding the line in?

jordan

I'm pretty sure you use an allen wrench to get the line of the slave cylinder. I'll get some pics of mine when i get home. But its a major paine getting the new line over the tapered part.

K_Fulk
01-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Here is a pic.

And email i got from magura when i asked them some questions.

Hope this helps.

You should have 4 fittings.
1- bell shaped collar
1- insert sealing ferrel
1- small sleeve nut
1- large sleeve nut

Put the bell shaped collar at the end of the line, run the line up into the collar approx. half way. Then you should put the line into a vice. You can make yourself a set of line blocks so you don't damage the line. Take a small block of wood, drill a hole the diameter of the line thru the center of the wood, then take a hack saw and cut the wood in two, direct thru the center of the hole
you drilled. This way you will have two pieces of wood with a groove down the center, put the blocks of wood around the line and clamp it into the vice.
Next take the small sleeve nut and place it on the insert ferrel so the the hex end is closest to the collar and line, then get the insert ferrel started into the line by tapping the initial threaded area at the end into the line. Then finish putting it into the collar by using the proper allen wrench at the end of the ferrel, tightening it into the collar. Finally, put the Large sleeve nut into your clutch master cylinder and just screw the line into the large sleeve, ( small sleeve nut into large sleeve nut). Now, bleed the clutch and make sure that it is properly sealed.

A4StrokeGuy
01-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanx for the help, i got it together and we'll see how she works tomorow. Thanx again!!!

jordan