PDA

View Full Version : hmf vs pro circuit

cool 300ex
01-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Ok which is cheaper?

Which will give me the most power?

Can i get a quite core for a pro circuit?

How loud is a hmf or pro ciruit with a quite core?

How loud is the stock pipe on a grizzly 660?
Also one of these pipes will be going on a grizzly 660 alone with a k&n. One more thing will i have to rejet with either one of these pipes?

cals400ex
01-16-2004, 04:55 PM
the power on the pipes will be close. i think you can use the hmf quiet core in both pipes, but i am not sure. both pipes will still be louder than stock even with the quiet core in. you should rejet when using either one of these pipes. overall, i would get the hmf though.

2001400ex
01-16-2004, 05:04 PM
The HMF is $209 and is quite loud when you get into higher RPM's in like 2-5th gear. I don't know anything about the T-4 though. If the HMF is too loud for your taste you can get the quiet-core insert. With that installed it's only 3db louder then stock.

HMF gives you 5hp at the most I think and like 4 ft/lbs I think. Don't quote me on that though.

In the winter with my HMF my friend said that he heard me from like 2 miles away, I don't know if that's true though...In the summertime I think my dad said he can hear me from around a half mile away.

speedy400
01-16-2004, 06:08 PM
yeah^ he's right about the sound, you can hear it pretty far away with the quiet core out of the hmf. I tell ya though, it sounds sweet!!! I know a guy with a T-4, nice sound, I personally like the hmf sound better. His T-4 sounds I'd guess about the same DB as the HMF. I belive the power gains are about the same also.-darren