View Full Version : flipping/tossing/rolling 300ex

markk
01-16-2004, 11:50 AM
I was climing hils at my buddies house one day, just messin around

well to get to the point, i was ridign my 74 XL250 (racer lol)
we where blazing soem new hills, and i asked my buddie if i could ride his 300 ex up one of the hills that kinda turns left then hard right up at the top, well i get up about 3/4 the way up and then im going right twards a tree, so i let off the gas a little and turn to the right, well then i was going twards another about 10 feet up the hill ahead of me, so i let off and hammer it again, so i didnt hit any trees, but i just got my front tires over the crest of the hill, and then the motor died so i held all the breaks and then got it started leanign as far forwad as i could, i slipped the clutch a little and th rears started to spin and i started rolling backwards downt he hill i started to bail when ti flipped,
i hit the ground on my shoulders an head, then i look and the 300 is right beside me so i grab for the stock front bumper it pulls me about 10-15 feet back downt he hill and then the biek flips backwarda again ONTO THE BARS, then the wheels turn and it start TUMBLING down about 5-6 rolles and then SMACK a damned tree, the battery flew out and broke the cabels, I felt like ****
but the only thing i really learned is dont let your buddies ride your stuff ( be an a**hole and tell them NO)
anyone else tear up there freinds stuff and feel like ****?????

300exshawn
01-17-2004, 11:03 AM
some dude kept askin me to try his 650 endoro i kept sayin i didnt want to because we were at a muddy spot and the tires on them are not good for mud. but i eventually said fine. i dropped the bike twise. it was the worse bike i ever rode. i bent the rear brake lever up and that caused the lever to be unaccessable. i felt bad about it because he had to drive it home with no rear brakes but i kept sayin a didnt was to ride it on a muddy trail with street tires so im my eyes its on him

Bill Fuller
01-17-2004, 11:32 AM
We live by the 'ol saying "You break it you buy it" If you can't afford it don't ask to ride it.

300exshawn
01-17-2004, 02:21 PM
i didnt ask, i really didnt even want to he kept botherin me to

intruder_atx
01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
300exshawn i know what ya mean it happens all the time to me. Ohh and if u ride someone elses bike for sure its gonna break thats the way it works

300exshawn
01-18-2004, 10:03 PM
my friend crashed his 03 400ex fri night, he crashed good too. he was doin like 40mph and tried to stop before the tree line and didnt realize he was on a patch of ice. he hit a tree hard as h*ll. he bent the steering rod, cracked his lower a arm in half, and we found some damage to the frame. havent really had a good look at it yet but u can see where the paint chipped and it looKs like it might be bent. he walked away with just a small cut on his face and a small cut on his hand.

RideRed250ex
01-19-2004, 02:25 PM
last winter i was riding my Friends KX100 up a hill and it was boggin down and then it hit the power band and came up from underneath me and messed up the rear plastic and bent the silencer up pretty bad... messed up my knee a little on that one... I paid for it but all i can say is im a quad guy i better stay off the 2 wheelers....

rideREDrider
01-20-2004, 07:59 PM
anyone else tear up there freinds stuff and feel like ****?????

i once flipped my buddies 300ex when i was like 13 but it didnt really do anything to it. this other time when i was 15 i was riding my buddies blaster and he was riding my 250X and we were both in a wide open field and we were "racing" and i guess?? i cut him off and he just turned it to try to avoid hitting me and then he rolled it like twice and smashed my headlight down to the plastic and bent the handlebars. he could of easily hit the brakes but his blaster has no back brakes and the front ones are about junk too so he didn't realize he was riding a honda and flipped. i made him pay half of it since it was "partially" my fault too.:rolleyes:

300exshawn
01-20-2004, 09:27 PM
my friends 400 damage $2100 in damage frame is trash, left a arms, tie rod, shock are done, rim bent

Mr.Offroad
01-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
We live by the 'ol saying "You break it you buy it" If you can't afford it don't ask to ride it. I hear that. A buddy of mine years ago asked me to borrow my Suzuki 400 dirt bike. I hmmm'ed and haaa'ed and he says, "Look, I'll leave my Honda street bike with you. You can see what riding a street bike is all about, and I'll borrow your bike." so I says o.k. He came back with my dirt bike in pieces, and this long story about his horrific crash, but that at least he wasn't hurt. I says cool, now what do you propose we do about totalled dirt bike? He says something about making payments, and I says, I kinda liked riding your street bike, why don't you give me your title? Ooooh, that hurt. His bike was worth about triple what mine was. But he saw where I was coming from, and did it. This also opened my eyes to the world of street bikes, and have never been without one since!:blah: