PDA

View Full Version : is this a good price????

tom400ex
01-16-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna sell my 400 for $3000
its a 2000 with prm skids all around holeshots on .190 front and back extra rims and tires front and back and a k&n air filter other than its pretty much stock.

is this a good price:confused: :confused:

FreekShow
01-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Thats a very good price. You could try to get 3200 even.:)

tom400ex
01-16-2004, 11:11 AM

i'm thinking of selling to get a new 450 when they come out. I figured i'd sell it now before there are worth any less. plus i just bought a new 04 grizzly:blah:

Ride400
01-16-2004, 03:18 PM
yeah maybe if it was brand new

remlapr
01-16-2004, 03:35 PM
yep - that's high. I would say around 2700 depending on condition.

cudaman
01-16-2004, 07:01 PM
prob depends on where you live.

marksuttonjr
01-16-2004, 10:28 PM
I would not give over $2,000 for it if you have been running a K&N. And I would only give that if everything else was nearly perfect. The K&N filterslet tooooooo much dirt in. I will never put a K&N filter on a 4 stroke engine. If you have been running it very long with a K&N the engine is trash.

This shop was selling them new for $4200+6% sales tax a few weeks ago when a friend of mine called up there thinking about buying one now this ad says save $700 so I AM ASSUMING that they are now selling new for $3500+6% sales tax
http://www.auto-rv.com/default.asp?area=browsedetail&adname=8-24102

FreekShow
01-17-2004, 06:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by marksuttonjr
[B]I would not give over $2,000 for it if you have been running a K&N. And I would only give that if everything else was nearly perfect. The K&N filterslet tooooooo much dirt in. I will never put a K&N filter on a 4 stroke engine. If you have been running it very long with a K&N the engine is trash.

:confused: :rolleyes: 2 grand? If you offered me that I'd laugh in your face. 2 grand psshh:huh

Tommy 17
01-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by marksuttonjr
I would not give over $2,000 for it if you have been running a K&N. And I would only give that if everything else was nearly perfect. The K&N filterslet tooooooo much dirt in. I will never put a K&N filter on a 4 stroke engine. If you have been running it very long with a K&N the engine is trash.

This shop was selling them new for $4200+6% sales tax a few weeks ago when a friend of mine called up there thinking about buying one now this ad says save $700 so I AM ASSUMING that they are now selling new for $3500+6% sales tax

:huh i've ran a k&n for 2 years with a open airbox lid threw some of the worst conditions rideable mud wise and i've never had a problem... twin air, uni, etc rip... i've yet to find a spec of dirt in my motor:rolleyes:

416exmx
01-17-2004, 09:18 AM

if you can buy a new 400ex for $3500, then that makes your R worth about $1100 i guess....

tom400ex- i'd say $2800-$3000 would be a fair price. i sold a stock 400ex a few weeks ago for $2450, but it was sharp.

exrider123
01-17-2004, 10:14 AM

Really its not a big deal because the particles are so small and they just burn up in the motor and don't cause damage (ie. scoring, seizure, etc.). Now, in cars/trucks its a little different and more sensitive because of the MAF sensor. If the KN filter or any other filter for the matter isn't seated properly and passes dust the MAF gets dirty. When this happens your vehicle's performance will suffer and more then likely you will have to replace the MAF because they are very fragile and hard to clean.

marksuttonjr
01-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by exrider123
Really its not a big deal because the particles are so small and they just burn up in the motor and don't cause damage (ie. scoring, seizure, etc.). Now, in cars/trucks its a little different and more sensitive because of the MAF sensor. If the KN filter or any other filter for the matter isn't seated properly and passes dust the MAF gets dirty. When this happens your vehicle's performance will suffer and more then likely you will have to replace the MAF because they are very fragile and hard to clean.

Whatever you want to think. I prefer not to own any 4 stroke engine that has that trash getting into the engine. I run a K&N on my R, but thats only because 2 stroke engines need rebuilt often anyway so letting dirt into it does not bother me. I know it would be more reliable with a UNI, or a stock Honda filter but it came with the K&N so I am running it.

After rereadin my original post I did forget something. SETUP FEES
They were asking $4,200+setup fee+6% sales tax now thwy say save $700 so I ASSUME they are seling them for $3,500+setup fee+6% sales tax. I have no idea how much the setup fee is, but if their advertisement is legit their price is still way better than $3,000 for a 3 year old quad.

AS for what was said about my R not being worth anything..You better check R prices the value of R's is going up and the value of EX's is going down. Or at least it is in my area. I could double the money on my R rite now IF I wanted to sell it.

exrider505
01-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I paid $3,500 for my 2002 400ex in August 03'. It was stock execpt for swing arm skid plate and rear tires.

Bill Fuller
01-18-2004, 09:54 PM
$3000 is a very resonable price.I wouldn't expect any more though.I would say none less than $2500.

416exmx
01-18-2004, 10:06 PM

AS for what was said about my R not being worth anything..You better check R prices the value of R's is going up and the value of EX's is going down. Or at least it is in my area. I could double the money on my R rite now IF I wanted to sell it.

hahaha, BS, R prices have dropped majorly. Everything is going to 4 stroke and the R is fading out. i know, i have one also.

and i guarentee you you cannot buy a new 400ex for $3500. give them a call, and after they add freight, set-up, and a doc fee, you will see that dealers use creative advertising to lure buyers in.