PDA

View Full Version : jumping tips

03400EX_Nacs
01-15-2004, 10:31 PM
can i get some tips for hitting some big jumps. i am going to try to hit some big jumps can i get some help on like preloading when to be on the gas everything because i DO NOT want to case a really big jump...

03400EX_Nacs
01-16-2004, 08:00 PM
no one? i really need some help

03400EX_Nacs
01-16-2004, 08:03 PM
??????

01-16-2004, 08:10 PM
keep the throttle steady, its better to overjump the jump than not clear it. Make sure your body is in a nuetral position, standing up over the middle of your bike, that way if you are too far forward you can lean back, vise versa. You can also use the throttle to adjust your bike position. This is about it for the basics of jumping

Berry
01-16-2004, 08:39 PM
while in the air blip your throttle too keep rpm's up but dont give it too much gas or your nose will fly up! if you happen too nosedive just hit the throttle and it will bring it back up depending on how far your nosediving. if you are doubling try too land on all 4 wheels, not rear wheels first. if you land on your rear wheels on a double your front end might come down hard and throw you over the bars. but go out and have fun, try different procedures in the air and you can learn how too do things by yourself. thats how i do it. good luck!

03400EX_Nacs
01-16-2004, 09:25 PM
can anyone help on like preloading i know about like gasing and braking but i am wondering about how to preload and what i should do as i am like leaving the jump... and by the way will using your front back also work instead of your back?

Cole Trane
01-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Preloading is compressing your shocks on the face of the jump. It can help a lot, but if you don't know what your doing can get you into a lot of trouble. The way to do it is to pretty much push down with your body on the face. Make sure you stay centered and don't pull up on the four wheeler. You just have to practice on smaller jumps, and go on from there. Hope this helps, Good Luck!!