PDA

View Full Version : 450R weak spot?

cgmxer115
01-15-2004, 10:14 PM
look at these 2 pix ...i was loooking at the Baja 450 at the NY city motorcycle show and noticed a crack in the fenders next to the fuel on/off switch. I had a feeling it might be a weak spot in the fenders (maybe from your knees hitting it) not sure BUT in the "trx close ups" thread left by Norrisboat....you can see that they now have a bolt or something in the spot where the crack was. hmmmmmm
http://dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/farr%20pit/side.jpg
http://www.cgatv.com/nycitycycleshow/nygraphics/fendercrack.jpg

lukester720
01-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Mabey that was the reason behind the delay???

cgmxer115
01-15-2004, 11:00 PM
maybe???

Sportrax10
01-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Good eyes!!!:eek2:

lukester720
01-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Good eyes!!!:eek2:
I was thinking the same thing. I would have never noticed that!

cgmxer115
01-15-2004, 11:30 PM
i guess all the frames are getting that little tab for the screw welded on them??

twisted threads
01-16-2004, 03:34 AM
I did read somewhere that they did crack the fender in the Baja 1000. If I find out were I will let you know.:cool:

Barely legal
01-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I think the real weak spot is in the motor.

racerx81
01-16-2004, 08:31 AM
IF YAMAHA MOTORS RUN SO STRONG WHY DID EVERYBODY STOP PUTTING 426 MOTORS IN THER QUADS AFTER THE CRF450 CAME OUT?

300XFST4602
01-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Barely legal

LOL , only a YFZ owner :rolleyes: ........... Jealousy can corrupt...

Honda
01-16-2004, 08:51 AM
It's the baja 1000! Of course things are going to break!

:rolleyes:

jmoney45
01-16-2004, 09:14 AM

ahahahahahaha. good contribution to the thread. numbnuts.

MIA450R
01-16-2004, 09:17 AM
the baja 450r has an aftermarket gas tank on it...never know if that was overstressing the rear fender plastic. i agree the baja race is grueling, but in 1-2 days of that race, you simulate 1-2 years of riding that you or i do....that prob is a weak spot in the plastic....

r450rr
01-16-2004, 12:04 PM
barely legals.. first post was ...(i think the weak spot is in the motor)

i always look for the people that bash the honda, they always have another brand like yamaha in there sig.. they are obviously jealous or they wouldnt be on the site posting things like that in the first place.

4fiddyR
01-16-2004, 06:23 PM
if that is the weak spot on a 450R, (The Plastics) I'm gonna be fuggin proud! My plastics will crack from pure horsepower and torque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:macho :blah: :macho

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by racerx81
IF YAMAHA MOTORS RUN SO STRONG WHY DID EVERYBODY STOP PUTTING 426 MOTORS IN THER QUADS AFTER THE CRF450 CAME OUT?

they didnt.

Barely legal
01-17-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by r450rr
barely legals.. first post was ...(i think the weak spot is in the motor)

i always look for the people that bash the honda, they always have another brand like yamaha in there sig.. they are obviously jealous or they wouldnt be on the site posting things like that in the first place.

Yah, I'm jealous of the Honda, sure. My truck wheels cost more than that quad so I don't think getting one would be an issue.

Baley69
01-17-2004, 02:38 AM
Yah, I'm jealous of the Honda, sure. My truck wheels cost more than that quad so I don't think getting one would be an issue.

If thats the case, some wheel shop laughed there *** off when you left :eek:

biohazard1.2
01-17-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Baley69

Another Potato head heard from.

You wanna laugh too? Look in your shortz:D

So Barely Legal took a shot at the engine on the R...big deal, you have been taking shots at everything from the handlebars to the color of the frame on the YFZ....STFU and ride.

STFU AND RIDE...I like that.

Hammer trx450r
01-17-2004, 04:45 AM
why are yamaha guys here anyway? We don't care about your truck rims, we want to here info on our HONDA. So go away to a YZF forum please. Hmm now why would they be here? Getting worried?

biohazard1.2
01-17-2004, 05:03 AM
IT is called gaining Intel.

I will admit that I did some flaming on these subjects before christmas..and now see the idiocy of flame.

Do you just sit around and wait for a "yamaha guy" to come on here? That is just sad.

Do you work for Honda? If so, you are biased, if not, STFU and ride.

I have a honda quad too(daughters now)...so I guess I cannot go to Bluetraxx...yes I can because they do not descriminate against color

:D

Hammer trx450r
01-17-2004, 05:46 AM
gaining intel is taking shots at a guys size in his shorts? Get a life little man. its obvious who has the small package

Hammer trx450r
01-17-2004, 05:55 AM
And don't admit your flaming here, there are gay forums too

Baley69
01-17-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by biohazard1.2
Another Potato head heard from.

You wanna laugh too? Look in your shortz:D

So Barely Legal took a shot at the engine on the R...big deal, you have been taking shots at everything from the handlebars to the color of the frame on the YFZ....STFU and ride.

STFU AND RIDE...I like that.

Your old enough to have a daughter but yet you come on the internet saying things like that? Grow up man!!

Please look thro all of my posts and find ONE that I flamed someone on what kind of quad they ride. If some dumbass spent 6500 dollars on rims they diserve to be slammed.

BIGRED400
01-17-2004, 06:14 AM

WHO WON THE BAJA 1000??? Oh that's right .........the TRX450R !:D

biohazard1.2
01-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
gaining intel is taking shots at a guys size in his shorts? Get a life little man. its obvious who has the small package

sure...it obviously really bothers you....was not looking to send you into therapy.

The shot about "looking in your shortz" really got to ya, huh?

did not mean it that "meanly"

and Baley...just go "spare yourself"...the dude has cash, it is his, and regardless of how you like it, we are not communists and he can buy and spend WTF ever he wants without having to take idiotic comments that have no place other than...FLAMING.

If I was a "gay" you two would def be nervous.hehe

You lil dudes are really touchy when someone who has a yamaha has an opinion...I also have a Honda.

So, both of you....STFU and quit taking everything and everybody so seriously. ...you will never make 35.

the weakness is in your senses of humor.

rollie
01-17-2004, 09:34 AM
i ran the baja1000...and at least its not the frame:)

r450rr
01-17-2004, 10:32 AM
he wasnt just coming on the site an having a yumaha opinion...!!!!!! he came on here and his first post was directly against honda...(i think the real weak spot is the motor..))) he said nothing about yamaha.... it would be different if he said ,,, boys i think the yamaha has a strong motor to,,, and we all would have been like yes. yes it does , welcome to the forum.. but when u come straight out the sign up room and into the TRX 450R forum and start spittin juice , then he should expect to get some bad, biasst opinions,, cause thats what his was... and notice he has a yfz 450R and he said that . so obiviouslt he is scared and so is any once else who is on his side... (moslty fellow yfz owners.)like i said it would be different if he said something like the yfz has a real strong motor or something like that but not a shot at the reason this forum is here.. so STF, and take it., cause he deserved it!!!!!!!!!!

r450rr
01-17-2004, 10:33 AM
sorry i didnt mean to put yfz 450R ... Yfz 450 ,., my bad

Barely legal
01-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Wow, that was too easy. You guys get going faster than a crank ho with a habit to feed. I love it. "What's the weak spot." "The motor." AHAHAHAHAHA I kill me. Honduhs are ok, reliable quads. The totally changed what was a good motor and neutered the crap out of it. It's no YFZ so you sport quad riders will like it at least.

Barely legal
01-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by BIGRED400

WHO WON THE BAJA 1000??? Oh that's right .........the TRX450R !:D

I think you might be right.

Barely legal
01-17-2004, 11:12 AM

Or maybe I own the wheel shop, among other things, like I own you.

Barely legal
01-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Your old enough to have a daughter but yet you come on the internet saying things like that? Grow up man!!

Please look thro all of my posts and find ONE that I flamed someone on what kind of quad they ride. If some dumbass spent 6500 dollars on rims they diserve to be slammed.

Bling

Barely legal
01-17-2004, 11:18 AM

BTW, lern howw too speel. You are really the one lacking some self confidence and brain power here. I made a little jokey joke about the damn motor. Oh, sooooo sensitive. I KEED, I KEED. Little dog little joke...
Stuff like that really brings out the guys with chips on their shoulders quickly. Dude, the TRX is not something of your own invention, in fact, you're too dumb to invent a glass of water, so pull your pants up, turn your hat back around and go find a job.

Barely legal
01-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by biohazard1.2
sure...it obviously really bothers you....was not looking to send you into therapy.

The shot about "looking in your shortz" really got to ya, huh?

did not mean it that "meanly"

and Baley...just go "spare yourself"...the dude has cash, it is his, and regardless of how you like it, we are not communists and he can buy and spend WTF ever he wants without having to take idiotic comments that have no place other than...FLAMING.

If I was a "gay" you two would def be nervous.hehe

You lil dudes are really touchy when someone who has a yamaha has an opinion...I also have a Honda.

So, both of you....STFU and quit taking everything and everybody so seriously. ...you will never make 35.

the weakness is in your senses of humor.

it's just like he said, humor guys. If you can't take a jab you won't make it long in this world.
Anyway, the competition is great these days. Cool quads abound us now. Some are just inferior to others. :p

300XFST4602
01-17-2004, 11:25 AM
BTW, lern howw too speel. You are really the one lacking some self confidence and brain power here. I made a little jokey joke about the damn motor. Oh, sooooo sensitive. I KEED, I KEED. Little dog little joke...
Stuff like that really brings out the guys with chips on their shoulders quickly. Dude, the TRX is not something of your own invention, in fact, you're too dumb to invent a glass of water, so pull your pants up, turn your hat back around and go find a job.

LOL , but sereiously do you see us going to bluetraxx and doing lil **** like flamin the YFZ , no , we already know the TRX is going to give the YFZ a hell of alot of compititon , so there is no need to. And why is it every time there is a 450R forum there is ALWAYS a YFZ owner there TRYING to bash on it , cough cough scared , jeaslous cough cough , or maybe it is just a coincidence??? Unlike these lil bluetraxx ***s that come on exriders and creat a forum that says stupid sh*t about Honda and then go to Bluetraxx and tell everyone what he did.... That is gay as hell , and certainly not mature, as all you guys claim to be..... I mena it is good to have some compition but it just plain gets annoying and tiring when on every 450R forum there is a YFZ owner trying to bash the 450R....

Guy400
01-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Barely Legal, this is your first and last warning. You're more than welcome here but the obvious attempts to get people all pissed off doesn't cut it.

And I don't know WTF this thread has turned into but I can guess...another baseless pissing contest about a quad that's not even here yet.