PDA

View Full Version : TC storker questions

ghak99
01-15-2004, 09:27 PM
I am in the process of buying a tc stroker bottom end for the x in my sig. I was trying to find their number to see if my piston and cam would be all right with it. I am a little worried about valve clearence.

One more thing, where at on the compression scale do I need to buy bigger studs and different gaskets? I have had absolutley no problems with my current setup, but if I need them I figured I might as well get them while it is apart.

Derrick D
01-15-2004, 10:07 PM
First you need to find out if they use a longer rod or if the pin has been moved in the piston. Either way you will probably have to have a custom piston made.

ghak99
01-16-2004, 08:57 AM
I figured I would have to have a new piston, does anyone have their # or web site address?

Extremeracer167
01-16-2004, 11:12 AM
www.tcracingengines.com

You will need to cut your piston down for it to work. Plus you will have to shave some off of the bottom of the piston, or it will hit 3rd gear on each stroke. Take your questions to tom, he is very helpful and will answer any questions you have! HOpe that helps;)

PS. DEFINATELY GO WITH HIS STUD KIT!!! If not you will be pullin studs, blowing head gaskets, etc.

Derrick D
01-16-2004, 06:36 PM
You can't cut the piston yourself. You have to order a custom one with the pin height moved & a shorter skirt. You also must make sure to check your piston to valve clearence. You don't want that new piston to come in contact with your valves because that will be a disaster.

MXQUAD294
01-19-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm not aware of any need for oversized studs for a 250X. The 250X has a 6 bolt head, the 400EX only has a 4 bolt head which is why they are prone to blowing head gaskets when the compression is high. But I could be wrong. ;)