PDA

View Full Version : TRX450R or YFZ450

450rboy
01-15-2004, 08:31 PM
i doing a project and i need to see what the people like better. the yfz450 or the trx450r. so put your choice down. plz. just put yfz450 or trx450r as your answer. so tell me

2004TRX450R
01-15-2004, 09:20 PM
well this isn't a very good place to get a nonbiased opinon. Most everyone is going to say 450R as you are on a Honda site. Also the 450R isn't out yet so we have nothing to base it off of other than the mag articles and paper testing. I guess I'll be the first to say....

TRX450R!

lukester720
01-15-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm with 2004trx450r on this one!

stryker
01-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Sure, count me in for an R!!:)

twisted threads
01-16-2004, 03:26 AM
All around I think the R will be the better quad. SO that is my final answer (trx450r)

Woody_YFZ
01-16-2004, 05:31 AM
YFZ450

exrider360
01-16-2004, 06:21 AM
Power wise..........YFZ
Comfort wise.........TRX.:p

racerx81
01-16-2004, 08:39 AM
HAS YAMAHA EVER MADE ANYTHING BETTER THAN A HONDA?

Honda
01-16-2004, 08:44 AM
How many times do you have to bend the steering stem and Frame mount before you know something is wrong with the design.

Honda All the way Buddy!

FFW
01-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 450rboy
i doing a project and i need to see what the people like better. the yfz450 or the trx450r. so put your choice down. plz. just put yfz450 or trx450r as your answer. so tell me

The other dumb thread you started in the Open Forum was closed down so I'll take a shot here.

I think one will be better than the other. Now this could change depending on which one does worse than the other. On the other hand one being better does not mean it's worse than the other while one being worse does not mean it's worse to be better than the other. Catch my drift? Good!

See, I see some unseemly things happening for someone or something, in some time. If this happens and the moons align juuuuuuuuuuuuust right we could see a snowfall of epic proportions which, as we all know, is a good thing indeed.

So, please don't forget this is a lame thread and all thats going to happen here is closure of this thread. Other than that I have no further questions!

:blah:

01-16-2004, 04:51 PM
ask bluetraxx the same question i bet your answer goes 50/50, well wait this site has 3 times as many members so u better think about that

aim me at slipknotfan6350

r450rr
01-16-2004, 04:55 PM
2004 TRX 450R!!!!

OutlawEX
01-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Look at this pic,more to come that are like it from this point its looking:eek2:http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p3df44beed49c49127ccd388651a1fde2/f9ea2375.jpg

r450rr
01-17-2004, 08:06 PM
give it a break man it come in third an made the podium. its not going to winn every race so if ur really like :eek2: ,, then thats just crazy to think like that cause it already has two under its belt

GO HONDA) keep making them good quads. my god people bash more on here than i have evey seen recently..wait til it comes out an u ride before u say anything..

450rboy
01-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Look at this pic,more to come that are like it from this point its looking:eek2:http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p3df44beed49c49127ccd388651a1fde2/f9ea2375.jpg

hey i do like the 450r better than any other 4 wheeler if there wasn't a 450r i would go for the Z400. and if the Z400 wasn't out. i would go for the yfz450.

so i ain't counting no 4 wheelers out.

i am just taking a survey for a project. i ust this would be a good place to get some answers. and i am also getting answers from other people not just the out people of here. but thanks for telling what you said.

bye

OutlawEX
01-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Im not bashing or anything. I am a honda guy personally. I had a down payment on the honda till i see some specs i was not happy with so i got the YFZ and could not be happier. I know if the YFZ was last in that pic you Honda die harders would be bashing.so i thought id give a laugh.:devil:

JWhite
01-18-2004, 08:17 AM
What I find funny is that that YFZ in that pic is not that far ahead of the Z and the Honda.

A great rider on a 400EX can beat a good rider on a YFZ.

It's all good people.

Just ride.

Oh yeah, my favorite right this second is the YFZ. The Honda is not out yet. Then it might be a different story because we'll have each. :blah: I'll let ya know 450rboy.

nofear911
01-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Honda,
By the way, how many YFZ's were behind that one Honda anyway?

Hammer trx450r
01-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Ya know i never really look at what bike is on the line its who is on the line. I put my buddies on the banshees and i take the warrior and woop their ***

OutlawEX
01-18-2004, 09:01 AM
What I find funny is that that YFZ in that pic is not that far ahead of the Z and the Honda.

All what i got to say is winning is winning,it dont matter if you win by a inch or by 8 miles you ,winning is winning. "fast and furious":blah:

Scottie Mac
01-18-2004, 09:44 AM
This type of thread is always going to turn into a flame fest.

And anyone saying the TRX450R is a better quad RIGHT NOW, is a biased idiot. Because THEY AREN"T OUT YET. There is not one single person on this forum who has ridden a TRX450R, at least not one person who is not a top level pro rider. Seeing that you ask whick one is better and only one is out, that means the YFZ is the chioce.

Now, if a few weeks , months, years whenever Honda FINALLY releases the 450r, we can all find out for ourselves which one is better. Also, what is better for one person, does not mean it will be better for another.

I think the guy who posted:

Power: YFZ
Comfort: TRX

Has in pretty close. I will go one step further:

Race course: YFZ
Everyday/trail: TRX

BUT, All of this is just opinion.

Make your own mind up and never take someone else's word for anything, unfortunatley, there are way too many brand biased people on these forums.

Scott

Hammer trx450r
01-18-2004, 10:25 AM
and then you compare them too hehee

crap-banshee32
01-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX

haha yea, but there was only i trx450 in that race, there were about 8 yfz's!!! haha

quadryda
01-18-2004, 10:49 AM
i dont want to get bashed becuz this is a honda site but i like the yfz way better i went to the dealer today and that is one of the best lookin quads i ever seen and its so light! i think when i get the money i am buying a yfz

SuzukiRacr07
01-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
haha yea, but there was only i trx450 in that race, there were about 8 yfz's!!! haha nice excuse:rolleyes: ........ but neway...... i dont think it was all rider that race to tell u the truth........ tim farr has proven himself to be pretty much the best or at least one of them....... he was passed by the YFZ and the Z......... natalie is not known to win a lot of races so it really surprised me, but he is also on a YFZ....... so IMO, go w/ the YFZ...... its got elec start, u can put the kicker if u want one and be 13 pounds lighter, it sits lower, it has more travel, it has more compression, it is a DOHC, it has titanium valves, there is just so much stuff the TRX doesnt hav that the YFZ does..... YFZ ALL THE WAY!!!

01-18-2004, 11:15 AM
trx450r

AlaskaSpeed
01-18-2004, 11:26 AM
:rolleyes:

2004TRX450R
01-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
it sits lower, it has more travel, it has more compression, it is a DOHC, it has titanium valves, there is just so much stuff the TRX doesnt hav that the YFZ does..... YFZ ALL THE WAY!!!

You obviously don't know much of what you are talking. It may sit lower. More travel doesn't mean better susupension and it is a VERY small margin of travel between the two. More compression doesn't mean anything either in itself. It take a lot more than compression to make an engine run and the TRX is supposed to have as much or more power with less compression. That means it has more room to make more when modded. DOHC doesn't mean much either. If the valves are opening and closeing at the same time with a DOHC engine as an exact same SOHC engine the SOHC engine will probably rev a bit quicker due to less rotateing mass. This is one of the reasons Honda went with the Unicam design. It isn't inferior by any means to a DOHC engine. I haven't heard on the TRX but I'm about 90% sure the CRF has Titainium intake valves and stainless exhaust valves. This is because Titanium absorbes heat to well and won't let it go. So they don't use them on the exhaust side for reliability reasons. If you are so concerned aobut electric start then you must not really want a race bike. Electric start is for wusses. I get sick of hearing everyone (mostly the YFZ guys) complaining about no electric start. WAAAAA. So I guess when it comes down to it all you got is a lower bike. So I guess just because it is lower it is better? I don't think so. Bottom line until it comes out NOONE will know wich one is better and I bet they are really close. It will probably come down to brand loyalty or color preference. But you don't see Honda makeing a blue one to try to steal sales like Yami makes a red and white one. Anyway I'm off to go ride my 400 until my 450 gets here.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
nice excuse:rolleyes: ........ but neway...... i dont think it was all rider that race to tell u the truth........ tim farr has proven himself to be pretty much the best or at least one of them....... he was passed by the YFZ and the Z......... natalie is not known to win a lot of races so it really surprised me, but he is also on a YFZ....... so IMO, go w/ the YFZ...... its got elec start, u can put the kicker if u want one and be 13 pounds lighter, it sits lower, it has more travel, it has more compression, it is a DOHC, it has titanium valves, there is just so much stuff the TRX doesnt hav that the YFZ does..... YFZ ALL THE WAY!!!

damn i was gonna make a post of my own but after reading yours i dont think i have to:macho :devil:

AlaskaSpeed
01-18-2004, 12:28 PM
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/gaythread.jpg

r450rr
01-18-2004, 12:38 PM
go to bluetraxx and start yelling yFZ all the way.!!! you would sound alot cooler... and i cant wait until about 2 yrs roll by and u guys with the yfz's Finally and i mean finally realise that it was rushed.. and not reliable at all.. this is the same thing that always happens... the dumb people always thinks that yamaha has one up on honda, and that yamaha has really made something this time thats better than honda... the fact is that the R isnt even out yet so keep braggin on ur yamasuckies,, and one day u will realise that u made a mistake and buy the honda,,all i got to say to u guys is that (you will be back),,, lol same thing happend with the craptor,, when they come out they was cooler than cool.. like icecold.. now people are selling them left and right cause the people thought that yamaha actually did something right,, but they were wrong and now they realise that...

i think the weak spot on the yfz is:: everything ,, now dont that sound cool.... no so guys quit talking about the trx 450r and not one person will say anything about the yfz..cause no one cares its the guys with the yfz who are the ones that start talking abouit the ride and why they chose it and the damn honda isnt even out yet,, ur opinion means nothing cause u alreasy have a yfz,, it dont matter.. go to bluetraxx and talk about ur ride and talk about what ur going to do,, when the big red machine comes out an try to figure out someway to make it competetive..hahhahah:blah:

AlaskaSpeed
01-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
go to bluetraxx and start yelling yFZ all the way.!!! you would sound alot cooler... and i cant wait until about 2 yrs roll by and u guys with the yfz's Finally and i mean finally realise that it was rushed.. and not reliable at all.. this is the same thing that always happens... the dumb people always thinks that yamaha has one up on honda, and that yamaha has really made something this time thats better than honda... the fact is that the R isnt even out yet so keep braggin on ur yamasuckies,, and one day u will realise that u made a mistake and buy the honda,,all i got to say to u guys is that (you will be back),,, lol same thing happend with the craptor,, when they come out they was cooler than cool.. like icecold.. now people are selling them left and right cause the people thought that yamaha actually did something right,, but they were wrong and now they realise that...

i think the weak spot on the yfz is:: everything ,, now dont that sound cool.... no so guys quit talking about the trx 450r and not one person will say anything about the yfz..cause no one cares its the guys with the yfz who are the ones that start talking abouit the ride and why they chose it and the damn honda isnt even out yet,, ur opinion means nothing cause u alreasy have a yfz,, it dont matter.. go to bluetraxx and talk about ur ride and talk about what ur going to do,, when the big red machine comes out an try to figure out someway to make it competetive..hahhahah:blah:

:huh

Pappy
01-18-2004, 01:01 PM
http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/argue.gif

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/nutkick.gif

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/boxin.gif

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/strokin.gif

yall act like a bunch of --->http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/fam06.gif