PDA

View Full Version : Tires for a Banshee...

02-22-2002, 09:38 AM
I am looking to replace my stockers with either Razrs, Shredders, or Holeshots. I primarily ride trails with conditions ranging from mostly soft sand-based to hard clay-based to sloppy mud. I want a fairly versitle tire that will hook in these conditions and have a long life. The more I read up, the less likely I am to go with Holeshots because I hear they wear fast. I this true? I guess the long and short of it is that I want a tire that will hook in loose terrain, hook on hardpack, clean efficently in mud, and last forever....I don't want much, huh? What are your suggestions?

Thanks.

BANSHEEadam
02-23-2002, 09:44 PM
Go with the razrs, I ran mine on the road alot and they held up good. They'll hook up too. If you get in some wet stuff with holeshots they'll clog up sooner than the razrs-tighter tread pattern. But for real hard-pack, turf tamers or holeshots are the way to go.

FastHonda400ex
02-24-2002, 01:52 AM
I've got Pure Sports Bandits XC radials on the rear of my banshee and they hook up really good and show very little wear.

Later,
Doug

bluebaron
03-03-2002, 09:47 PM
holeshots!! i have razars on the ex i think they would were down pretty fast a shee. i have holeshot on the shee they seem to hold up really well