PDA

View Full Version : Torque specs

polabareus
01-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Im going to be taking everything that pivots on the front of my 250ex and lube it up. Im wondering if the bolts for the shocks, a arms, etc, require a certain amount of torque or should I just tighten them till their tight?

Glamis400ex
01-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Buy a manual. You could have it done already, but you're waiting for replies...

Glamis

polabareus
01-15-2004, 08:21 PM
That's not very nice. Is not the reason for the creation of these forums to envoke the asking of questions? Am I not in possesion of the correct assumption that this is a forum where one can come and ask of others what he does not know? And by the way, Im at work and can't begin to do anything until I get home in a couple hours. JEEEZZZ!!!!

cheetah
01-15-2004, 08:29 PM
I always just tightened em tight and said be done with it.

Glamis400ex
01-15-2004, 09:13 PM
My point was over half of the posts on these forums could be answered if people had a manual, and actually used it. You have the quad, learn what makes it work, and learn to work on it...First thing I bought for my quad, was the manual.

It's too easy to come in and ask what size millimeter nut is on your a-arms or where is my grease zerk on my bearing carrier.

I make sure I've looked at the maunual or used the search button before I come on here and ask a question that I'm sure has already been asked 100 times.

Glamis

polabareus
01-15-2004, 09:41 PM
What is your problem? Im just trying to find an answer to my question and all you want to do is act like a jerk. You talk to me like Im a little kid or something with all this "it's your quad, learn to work on it" crap. Obviously I am trying to learn to work on it and sometimes learning requires asking questions. Do you need a manual to do everything? I bet you tote all sorts of manuals around with you. I bet you have manuals on how to take a pee and how to whip your butt don't you? So please, if you don't want to help then just buzz off.