PDA

View Full Version : spockets ?

zzbudzz
02-22-2002, 12:09 AM
i know i 've seen this question ,i can't find the tread again , but here we go again a 14 point front sprocket should give me better torque in first and second ?is this right if not please explain. also best place to get front sprocket / and cost?thanks againg peeps
:D

VegasEx'r
02-22-2002, 12:24 AM
I am assuming you are talking about a 14t on a 400, so if you're not, this might not apply. A 14t sprocket will give you more bottom end. So you will accelerate faster, but your top speed will be lower. I had one on my 400 for a while & though it was pretty good for riding on the dunes, but I hated it for trail riding. It makes 1st gear so low that you don't even need to use it unless you are climbing some really steep hills. Most places will sell them for about 13-15 bucks (a Renthal sprocket will cost more).

Scott
02-22-2002, 06:28 AM
And just in case you're talking about a 300ex, no the 14t is one tooth larger than stock, so you're going the opposite way. More top speed, less bottom end gearing.

And since I see you're Mr Bas Ackwards, a friend of mine shared this one with me...

Chuck you Farley, you ain't so muckin fuch. Go home in your own jack yard and back off.

Just thought I'd share...

zzbudzz
02-23-2002, 02:32 AM
thanks and i was talking about the 400

330EXman
02-23-2002, 08:11 AM
yup you got it all right

i bought my front sprocket from rocky mountain for $8. its lasted a long time really, if you do trail rides and stuff like that get a renthal they will last alot longer then a cheap one through all the gunk.

later man, jay