PDA

View Full Version : Noise coming from rear end

free_rider20
01-15-2004, 05:34 AM
Well, last night i went out for a quick ride and I started hearing a loud clanking coming from the rear end. I figured it was the chain cause it was really loose but that didnt fix it. I put it up on a stand and started it up. It is coming from inside the housing. Does it sound like the bearings went out? Thats what i figured. If that is it, what should I do and how much will it cost?

01-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Probably is the axle carrier. Buy a new one from burgard for about $130 or so and chit can the stocker...:cool:

mustang
01-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Probably is the axle carrier. Buy a new one from burgard for about $130 or so and chit can the stocker...:cool:
agree, it almost costs the same to rebuild the stock one especialy if you use oem parts

markk
01-15-2004, 01:41 PM
it sounds like a carrier if u said that i just staerted doing it, or u could have chipped/ bend the sprocket

????? DID u just put a swing arm skip plate on??????

free_rider20
01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Well, i took the axle off and checked the carrier, it is in good condition along with the axle. If I spin the bearings they are hard to turn and make some noise. Should I go with all balls bearings or pivot works?

XANDADA
01-16-2004, 02:10 PM
just get a whole new billet carrier and be done with it...I got a brand new herrmann off of ebay for $110 or like rico stuttered get a burgard for $130....