PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in the ATV industry?

WKY400EX
01-15-2004, 02:12 AM
I'm looking to get into the ATV industry somehow. I'd be more into aftermarket fab (like chassis parts), or a engine builder (like Sparks). I just don't know what kind of education and skills I'd need to look into. Anyone have any suggestions?

Rrider4life8
01-15-2004, 04:35 AM
i want to know the same thing .... was thinking MMI

enault
01-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Get an engineering degree and work for one of the major manufactures. It is the best job in the world.:D

XANDADA
01-15-2004, 07:12 AM
are there any industry websites or organizations in which they post classifieds? I've seen polaris & suzuki post marketing/sales positions at monster.com. I too would love to find a sales/marketing position in the industry but think the chances are slim to none....

dirtmomma
01-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
.... was thinking MMI

Thats what my son wants to do after high school it go to MMI I think it would be a great school to go to!!

WKY400EX
01-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by enault
Get an engineering degree and work for one of the major manufactures. It is the best job in the world.:D Is this what you do? I would really be interested in working for someone like Duncan, Walsh, Laeger, etc. The aftermarket moreso than the factory.

enault
01-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Yes and my location should tell what company. Working on and designing future ATVs. It does not get any better than this.

WKY400EX
01-18-2004, 11:04 PM
I got ya.;) That's awesome.

Tell me what you think. I've thought about opening my open business after I get out of school. I've thought about aftermarket chassis parts design, or just running a place like C&D Racing or the Quadshop. Something that caters to ATV riders needs.

Martin Blair
01-18-2004, 11:08 PM
talk to your counserler mine helped alot, i also called up harley, since they make bikes here and actually talked to a desgin engenner for them they are great and heloped alot, currently i am in cad and goign to go threw to cad 4 and continue is college, get a engneering degree, i am also in tsa and next year in a afternoon i can go to a votech part of our highschool where we weld for the last 3 hours of the day.

WKY400EX
01-18-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm glad your counselors helped you out. Our counselors back in HS sucked.:rolleyes: I did spend a lot of time at our tech school back in HS, and really enjoyed it. I've always been a hands-on type of person, so I'm looking for that kind of job.

01-19-2004, 07:53 AM
i plan on goin to MMI also after high school

speedy400
01-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm hoping to go to wyotech technical collage and ending up an engine builder or just another car mechanic.-darren

Tommy 17
01-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
i am also in tsa

j.w. what do u do in TSA?????

last year at STATE for TSA i placed 3rd in the state of PA for arhitectural 3d....

7th in the state for mechanical...

TSA is a awesome program to get into if u wanna do anything with CADD or engineering...

i'm goin to become a mechanical engineer so i can work on designing cars or quads for someone:devil: