PDA

View Full Version : Question & Poll...

Oregon450R
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Hello everyone! It's really nice to find an active forum like this to ask questions and give opinions. Let me qualify my question:

I'm 23 years old, recently married & I'm not a racer or participate in any kind of MX. I'm going to use the sport of ATVing to have several weekend/extended weekend trips to the dunes every year here on the Oregon coast with my wife and other friends.

What would you guys consider the best quad for this sort of scenario? The only other quad I've ever had was an 01 Raptor (I never had tranny probs). I really liked it, but I know there are quads that have alot of advantages over the Raptor. I've bought a Suzuki Z400 for my wife and have a deposit down on the 450R. I know I probably never will come close to really riding either of these bikes to there full potential but I figure if I'm going to by new (and I am) it's really not that much more to by a great quad over just a good quad. So, what do you all think? Was the Z400 a good decision? Is the 450R a good decision?

Who else on this forum ride for reasons similar to my own and what do they ride? Just looking for a good discussion here! Thanks.

2004TRX450R
01-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Well you are going to get a lot of Honda biased opinons on this and I'll give you mine. I think the 450R is probably going to be a good dune bike. I think I would have gotten my wife (and I did get my fianse) a 400EX. After rideing ATVs and Motorcycles since I was about 5 and now being in the industry fixing motorcycles for a liveing for the last 7+ years the only thing you will find in my garage is a Honda.

stryker
01-14-2004, 10:39 PM
I would say you made a good decision. The ladies (who aren't as skilled as some on this site) seem to like to have the obvious comforts like e-start and reverse just like my girl, and have enough power to hang with the boy's. And as far as the 450R goes how could that even be considered a bad decision really? If anything it will do what ever kind of casual sand slinging your thinking of doing and if your anything like me you'll find a way to tap it out.:devil: Have fun on those trips. I might see ya out there this summer. Just look for the 450R coming out of the steepest S**T out there!!:D

Chef
01-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by stryker
[B Just look for the 450R coming out of the steepest S**T out there!!:D [/B]

I'll meet ya at those. :cool:

The only place my Banshee goes is the sand, and I'm 5+ hours away from it. I started takin my EX back after race season, and next year I will have my 425 down there too. Just look for the weird soundin R at comp hill, with all white plastics and a #16 on the nose. It should be ahead of everything else there, too. :blah:

twisted threads
01-15-2004, 03:49 AM
I think you made a good decision. The Z is a fun bike and the new 450r will be awsome quad I think. And welcome to the Site!

SSRedRider
01-15-2004, 04:19 AM
You have made a good choice. The 450r I think you will like it. :cool:

redrider410
01-15-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda all the way, the 450 will be awsome in the sand and on the mx track, if tamed by the right person...

2004TRX450R
01-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Chef
It should be ahead of everything else there, too. :blah:

With all the money you have in that thing you better be ahead of everything else out there. Let me know when you head for the dunes Donny. I want to try to make it there more than twice this year!

stryker
01-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Chef
I'll meet ya at those. :cool:

The only place my Banshee goes is the sand, and I'm 5+ hours away from it. I started takin my EX back after race season, and next year I will have my 425 down there too. Just look for the weird soundin R at comp hill, with all white plastics and a #16 on the nose. It should be ahead of everything else there, too. :blah:

It would be cool to see some EX'rs out ripping it up.!!:devil:

Oregon450R
01-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback! I really am getting anxious for the 450R (me & everyone else) :D

stryker
01-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Oregon450R
Thanks for all the positive feedback! I really am getting anxious for the 450R (me & everyone else) :D

Where do ya live in P. town. I moved to LA from there last spring. How's the nasty weather treating ya?

4fiddyR
01-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Go with a honda atv, and you won't go wrong, good decision.
I learned my lesson the hard way... cough cough 01craptor!:D

Woody_YFZ
01-16-2004, 05:34 AM
I don't think you'll be disappointed with those machines. My wife rides a KFX 400 and I ride a YFZ 450 and they seem to be a good fit for us.