PDA

View Full Version : Not enough power

RH1N08d9
01-14-2004, 07:57 PM
I am just curious about this, I was wondering if any 400 ex riders feel that they can't keep up with quads like raptors, and those higher cc quads. my friend rides an almost stock craptor, and my 400 is bored to 406 (.040) and has stage two cam and the usual. Whenever we go riding, He just leaves me in the dust and like on gravel roads I'l have the throttle pinned and he is way ahead of me. I know his has alot more power, and in the trails and on some homemade tracks, hw leavesme out of corners and I am geting on the gas as hard as I can. but I was just wondering if anyone else has troble keeping up with bigger quads? I feel like I need to trade up when I get some money. sorry for the long post!

K_Fulk
01-14-2004, 08:02 PM
You need more than a piston and cam to keep up with the bigger engined quads. I feel mine pulls about as hard out of a corner as about anything and usually out twoards the front on the holeshots but i have alot more done.

kawasaki_ridah
01-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by RH1N08d9
I am just curious about this, I was wondering if any 400 ex riders feel that they can't keep up with quads like raptors, and those higher cc quads. my friend rides an almost stock craptor, and my 400 is bored to 406 (.040) and has stage two cam and the usual. Whenever we go riding, He just leaves me in the dust and like on gravel roads I'l have the throttle pinned and he is way ahead of me. I know his has alot more power, and in the trails and on some homemade tracks, hw leavesme out of corners and I am geting on the gas as hard as I can. but I was just wondering if anyone else has troble keeping up with bigger quads? I feel like I need to trade up when I get some money. sorry for the long post!

450r nuff said

RH1N08d9
01-14-2004, 08:35 PM
I was kinda thinking about doin a big bore kit, but mine already sucks gas, and I think I would rather get something like a new450 when I can find them used for a more reasonable price. My friend says that I don't ride hard enough to keep up, but I think hes been riding his craptor too long. I am only 14 so mod money is hard to come buy, especialy since I am buying a beater truck this summer, but then I'll get a job to pay for upgrades! I think another reason I have trouble keeping up is cause my friend hauls *** compared to the average recreational rider.

K_Fulk
01-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Your probly better off just getting one of the new 450's cause if you do sell it down the road your not going to get anymore money out of it and the 450's will hold their value better since there the new top dogs. Until something that is better comes out.