PDA

View Full Version : NO NEED For BIGGER CARB?

Pro400EXC
02-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Hey guys I was recently looking through a DirtBike magazine and found this add. It's for a XR400,but since the 400ex and XR's motor's are the same,maybe this will work for a 400ex. I seen the product yrs ago,and just seen it again.

Maybe you guys could figure out if it's worth the dough?:rolleyes:

400exRacerX
02-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Or you can just get the stock carb bored.

02-21-2002, 11:24 PM
it look to be a boost bottle or some thing

rhandw69
02-22-2002, 10:33 AM
I called and talked to the company today and he.............well....confused the heck out of me. He told me that the 400ex stock carb is more less just a recreation carb and that the way to go would be to get a xr400carb. Now i checked on this and here is what i found to be different between the two.
The EX carb is a 35.5mm piston valve with accelorator pump. The xr 400 carb is a 36mm carb piston valve. No accelorator pump. Atleast it doesnt say so on the honda website specs page. Now im not sure if .5mm makes that much of a difference or if having an accelorator pump hinders performance. HE told me that the EX cam has this restrictive diaphragm that really slows the air and fuel flow. Hmmmmmmmmmmm??Im confused to say the least. Now he could sell me a xr carb for about $230.00. I like the price, but im just not sure if its worth it or not...........any suggestions..................???