PDA

View Full Version : District 14 Hare Scrambles

HondaChris
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
I've been toying with the idea of running these this year. Does anyone else on here run in D14? I was just looking to get some information from someone who races them about tracks, classes, and pretty much get a better idea of the whole thing. I checked out the D14 website already. Just wanted a racers input on it. Thanks guys!

MJNOVA
01-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Did you look at the atv racers site or the HS site.

The races all start at 9:00 am no matter what the track.

Equipment--- In general very open except the bike must have a kill switch/tether cord.

Tires---Very open---I run CC typical tires 22x7x10 Holeshot fronts 20x11x9 rears. But most MX tires would work.

Width---Depends on the track---Saty 48 and under and you are OK everywhere.

Mio-Rose city sometimes--Dutch sometimes have some narrow sections that stock width 46 is best. Portland--Battle Creek-- Almost MX width. Most of the tracks Tire height is not a problem---but stock or CC setup tires work well everywhere and if its muddy.....

Classes A,B,C,Sportsman-Utility---No engine size limits in A,B,C, Utility

If you haven't raced before try starting in C and go from there...

Practice or parade lap... Most places have aparade lap 1/2 hour before the race. Some rasces this year will have no practice lap and will run at 8:30 am though. Depends on the track and more info will be posted on the MI ATV racers site soon.

Signup takes about 15 minutes---So plan on being at the track at 7:45 to be safe and give yourself enough time to get signed up and unloaded.

NO tech inspect---But like I said make sure you have a tether.

I am not sure what else was missed but ask away...We are always looking for people interested in racing.

Cost AMA membership---Get at the track or beofre on the ATVA website. D14 Membershipp--At the track $12.00(good for 12 months). Race entry 15-25 depending on the track---gate entry $7.00 per person.

seatec
01-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Wow, didnt know you needed a tether of HS!? Is that normal? How about D7, or D6. DO we need a tether there too?

MJNOVA
01-15-2004, 01:38 PM
ALL District 14 races CC-MX need a tether. I don't know that they look or check I wouldn't risk it. You don't have to connect it to you though. It just has to be on the quad.

MJNOVA
01-15-2004, 01:58 PM
D14 Web Site http://www.michiganatvracers.com/

lshonda310
01-16-2004, 07:07 AM
most d14 races are 2 miles of mx and 1 mile of woods

Red00Honda400EX
01-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm going to try a few races this year to see how I like them. Is all you need a teather? No nerfs?

HondaChris
01-18-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm nly gong to be able to do the same--my work schedule this year only garantees me 2, maybe 3 at most, race weekends off. I could work some of my days off to make up hours for others, but thats not garanteed so I'm not gonna count those. Another question- I realize that this is mostly for fun and that a person isn't going to get rich off this, but how do the dealer checks work, and how much are they for? I realize this depends on how you do, but was just curious to get an idea.