PDA

View Full Version : Predator Problems (tranny)

440exnacsracer
01-14-2004, 06:39 PM
im fairly expierienced with quads, about everything except the tranny's. the other day, i was riding and noticed my predator didnt want to stay in 4th gear. it was ok when i was just riding around, but when i was really getting on it, drag racing for example, it would sometimes downshift to 3rd or even shift up to 5th. im affraid im into yet another problem, yet this is by far the worst burden, the infamous 4th gear problem. if anyone can tell me what to do and how to go about this the least expensive, please let me know

Fred55
01-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Its you shift fork I guessing, take to your dealer, from hearing from other others, Polaris has been VERY good to people with problems. You should get all the work needed done free of charge. If not, go to a different dealer.

Pred_rider
01-14-2004, 10:53 PM
If had my pred for about one year and to tell you truth i havent had one problem yet. but since every pred is diff yours mite be acting up. Good luck man:(

440exnacsracer
01-15-2004, 07:15 PM
thanks for the help guys, guess ill call my dealer and see what i can get done. after that though, its gone, im selling and buying a 250r, its what ive always wanted, and im goin for it

Hozed
01-16-2004, 02:53 PM
just got mine back from a blown tranny.. i didnt have any of those symptoms.. but it blew while i was draggin... polaris covered everything.. even out of warrenty..
polaris is covering atleast parts no matter when it blows... if they dont give you that.. ***** and moan.. because they will cover it for you.

QuadJunkies
01-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Its you shift fork I guessing, take to your dealer, from hearing from other others, Polaris has been VERY good to people with problems. You should get all the work needed done free of charge. If not, go to a different dealer. DITTO!

QuadJunkies
01-16-2004, 04:00 PM
we had something that hasnt showed up on anyones but ours so far, the pin fell out to the rod?:confused: ( Im still not sure how to explain) but they covered it as well.........;)

RED121572
01-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Tina,

Have you had problems with your ball joint boots? I had mine replaced over last summer. Three out of the four NEW ball joint boots were bad as well.:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
01-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by RED121572
Tina,

Have you had problems with your ball joint boots? I had mine replaced over last summer. Three out of the four NEW ball joint boots were bad as well.:rolleyes: No, not so far I heard alot of poeple in the beginning had to do that have you had any more probelms with it since you replaced them??

RED121572
01-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh yea, the new ones the dealer put on, the seals on three out of the four ball joint boots came broken as well.

QuadJunkies
01-17-2004, 10:08 AM
well, I a m guessing the assembly guys were smokin something when ours was put together, :o I think they forgot to put in a wrist pin....:rolleyes: hmm, I wonder how many others had this issue and didnt know it, and blew up there motors:eek2: . Ours is under warrenty for four more years thank goodness so all is good......:)

AtvMxRider
01-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
well, I a m guessing the assembly guys were smokin something when ours was put together, :o I think they forgot to put in a wrist pin....:rolleyes: hmm, I wonder how many others had this issue and didnt know it, and blew up there motors:eek2: . Ours is under warrenty for four more years thank goodness so all is good......:)

Tina do you laugh at Troy when you go out and hit the button on the Honda and if fires right up everytime :blah: :D :devil:

LTandRaptorider
01-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Tina do you laugh at Troy when you go out and hit the button on the Honda and if fires right up everytime :blah: :D :devil:

hahaha!!! :D That's beautiful!! :devil:

AtvMxRider
01-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
hahaha!!! :D That's beautiful!! :devil:

;) :devil:

QuadJunkies
01-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Tina do you laugh at Troy when you go out and hit the button on the Honda and if fires right up everytime :blah: :D :devil: I hate to admit it but.............ROLF!! That was Damn funny hahaha.......:p

QuadJunkies
01-18-2004, 11:02 AM
hahaha!!! :D That's beautiful!! :devil: Hey!!!!! I could use your help on something.... My Bud who has a Rappy needs to get some really good info on hop ups for his Rappy( Cam,piston and CDI) Can you give me some leads on where to look and PLEASe dont tell me BuleTraxx:rolleyes: I cant stand that forum....:p Any ideas??? Thanks!!!

LTandRaptorider
01-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey!!!!! I could use your help on something.... My Bud who has a Rappy needs to get some really good info on hop ups for his Rappy( Cam,piston and CDI) Can you give me some leads on where to look and PLEASe dont tell me BuleTraxx:rolleyes: I cant stand that forum....:p Any ideas??? Thanks!!!

And I was just getting ready to tell ya to try bluetraxx! :o

Alba... albaactionsports.com has a lot of stuff. I'll check around and get back to you on more. Is he looking for parts, or just info?

And don't forget... I have a Raptor for sale! :D Ok... ok... you've beat me down to $3,200... damn you play hardball! :p

QuadJunkies
01-19-2004, 12:08 AM
And I was just getting ready to tell ya to try bluetraxx! :o

Alba... albaactionsports.com has a lot of stuff. I'll check around and get back to you on more. Is he looking for parts, or just info?

And don't forget... I have a Raptor for sale! :D Ok... ok... you've beat me down to $3,200... damn you play hardball! :p hahha no, he has a new motor, just wants to beef it up for some MX series this summer,he wants to be a bit faster than he is right now and needs some of the best hop ups thats out there for his, Im just not sure whats out there for the Rappy I think he was going to go with a Hot Cam but I dont know what else he had in mind.....:confused: But DEF info on a CDI, Piston and Cam info would be great!

LTandRaptorider
01-19-2004, 05:56 AM
hahha no, he has a new motor, just wants to beef it up for some MX series this summer,he wants to be a bit faster than he is right now and needs some of the best hop ups thats out there for his, Im just not sure whats out there for the Rappy I think he was going to go with a Hot Cam but I dont know what else he had in mind.....:confused: But DEF info on a CDI, Piston and Cam info would be great!

alright, I told my boss I have some research today to leave me alone! :D I know there's a couple different digital ignition systems out there for the Raptor, just can't think of them before I throw a couple coffees down... age has nothing to do with my diminishing brain function... :o I'll pm ya later with info.

TroyLeePred03
01-19-2004, 10:33 AM
tina tell your friend to try looking at craycrafts stuff they r very good with raptors, and trinity is also fairly decent, and so is powroll

QuadJunkies
01-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by TroyLeePred03
tina tell your friend to try looking at craycrafts stuff they r very good with raptors, and trinity is also fairly decent, and so is powroll thanks for the info;) Im not familiar with CrayCrafts, do you have a link for them,??

LTandRaptorider
01-19-2004, 12:39 PM
thanks for the info;) Im not familiar with CrayCrafts, do you have a link for them,??

Here ya go...http://www.14mins.com/craycraft_racingonlinestore.htm

LTandRaptorider
01-19-2004, 12:45 PM
thanks for the info;) Im not familiar with CrayCrafts, do you have a link for them,??

Digital ignitions...http://www.dynaonline.com/english/atv_fs.htm