PDA

View Full Version : HmMmMMmm... Quad with Neon's...

LathersR
01-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Eh.. Anyone got any real quad pics with neon's for show? Not photoshopped lol.. I know that probably in 1/2 of the people's opinion's on here.. is gay and a *** ricer mod.. but I think would be pretty cool (batteries on 4 strokes).. to have neons on your quad for a show ..

LathersR
01-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Uhh.. they can kind of look like this (fake).... anyone hear where im coming from??
:eek2:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p06acee93eeb16cc4672bba8813221e34/f9f21641.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pfe22b677cb86384d434b37ef661dbfc2/f9f210dc.jpg

300_14_racer
01-14-2004, 06:14 PM
I dont have any pictures but i was thinking that it would be kinda cool at night in the summer... also my friend has a banshee and was thinking about doing it is there any way he could do that without a battery?

LathersR
01-14-2004, 06:49 PM
It's gotta be .. They have lights on 250r's, blasters, banshee's and etc. w/o a baterry ( get power through the stator) .. so Im sure if you dont use your light on your quad and plug in the neons to that little plug in you probably be ok.. Not garunteeing anything though..

lildude
01-14-2004, 06:59 PM
we thought about that but then we came to the conclusion we would prolly break them while we wre ridin....hit a rock of a limb stickin out or somthin

LathersR
01-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Yea but Im talking about showing ur quad off.. or for pictures, or for the dunes... (glamis at night!!)

la400ex
01-14-2004, 07:23 PM
That would definitely be a nice touch to my R for pics and stuff.

TheX1992
01-14-2004, 07:45 PM
i had 2 green neons on my 2 frame rails in front of the motor. looked like i had underbodies in the front.

kawasaki_ridah
01-14-2004, 08:38 PM
post em then

redroost85
01-14-2004, 08:47 PM
I gotta say that overall I am not a big fan of the neons, but done right can look pretty badazz.

I saw a guy riding a Banshee in the dunes one time with blue neons underneath and it looked awesome!:cool:

kawasaki_ridah
01-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
I gotta say that overall I am not a big fan of the neons, but done right can look pretty badazz.

I saw a guy riding a Banshee in the dunes one time with blue neons underneath and it looked awesome!:cool:

i think they look awesome, im afraid i would bust them tho

ScrnNmsSUCK
01-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Cowsbitepeople has something like that on his quad. he put those rope light things (red) around his frame and down his a-arms, its different but doesnt look that bad.

01-15-2004, 07:20 AM
I say add a big *** Fin to the grab bar to go with the lights...:blah:

Pappy
01-15-2004, 07:21 AM
dont forget the woofers and tweaters:devil:

sickmojave
01-15-2004, 07:26 AM
and a tail pipe with a whistle in it :rolleyes:

nikejoe
01-15-2004, 07:36 AM
I have blue lights under my yellow 400ex. They look pretty cool!!!
They are tiny LED's. I put them on last fall and they probably have 3 or 4 good rides on them, and no broken ones yet! I mainly did it for summer night riding. I purchased them off e-bay. They came from a guy out of Canada and took about a month to get. I put about 8 of them under the frame shining down on the a-arms and motor and rear axle. I just ordered a few more from the same guy. I didn't think it was bright enough. I do not have any pics, yet??? But after I get the new ones on I will be taking some!!:cool:

Blysster
01-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Don't forget the 16 inch rims and to drop it...

Actually a guy around here has some red ones on his scrambler. It does look half decent at night..

Personally, I would rather spend my money on beer.

LathersR
01-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Get er done man.. i wanna see that pic.. lmao imagine if they made spoliers for a quad lmao

rollie
01-15-2004, 03:22 PM
y would u want neons on a quad!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
01-15-2004, 05:57 PM
For those that are thinking it, it's very difficult to put true neons on a quad without a battery.

To reduce the complexity of things, most quads without a battery have an AC (alternating current) electrical system. While they DO make 12V neon lights, they require DC (direct current) because they have a high frequency ballast inside them.

Any quad with a battery has a DC system already.

Now, you MAY be able to do it with ordinary small light bulbs (the kind with the little fillament) because they typically don't care whether you have AC or DC. However, 12V NEON lights can only use DC power.

Pappy
01-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LathersR
lmao imagine if they made spoliers for a quad lmao

i bet you see one on ebay within a week now:eek:

LathersR
01-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Hahah yea.. They sell dog **** cuz its in a shape of a cat, and carrots becuase its shape is like a vagina lmao..,.... anything is on there

RabidPitWeasle
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
I'll usally ziptie a glowstick on the end of the whip, it looks pretty cool at night, I think I might put some underneath the plastic this summer. Also some of those lighted valve caps are cool also.:huh

LathersR
01-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Hahaha.. I raced a season with those.. I was the only quad.. I kinda thought it was pretty cool.. cuz like noone had them

29FTEX
01-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know where you can get neon plug/coil wires for an ATV like they put on motorcycles? The plug wires like they have on American Chopper shows where the current in the wire lights up the bulbs. Those are pretty cool.

44oEX
02-11-2004, 07:54 AM
if you want some lights just put some of these under your fenders they work really good. That one is just for my tail light but I also have some under the fenders.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pc33a86dd9c0883d91537de8db79b3b1c/f9a66f91.jpg

02-11-2004, 08:35 AM
me and dad thought about it but then a few things came into conclusion

1. terrain. if we were to bottom out on a rock or log, it would trash them.
2.weather. if it was really muddy from a lot of rain or if we had to go through a creek or somethin, it would prolly short them out.
3. battery. it would prolly take too much battery power to use them. i mean, you prolly have to mount a car battery on your quad to use the neon.

after thinking about these things and checking the price of neon, it would be too expensive.:(

MOFO
02-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by N.C REDNECK2433

2.weather. if it was really muddy from a lot of rain or if we had to go through a creek or somethin, it would prolly short them out.
3. battery. it would prolly take too much battery power to use them. i mean, you prolly have to mount a car battery on your quad to use the neon.

after thinking about these things and checking the price of neon, it would be too expensive.:(

answer to all 3.... NO. Wrong.

1. If mounted properly in the proper locations, you will not bottom out and crush them.

2. If you properly wire them up, water will not affect them. Its amazing that regular quad lights and the electical system works, huh? :rolleyes:

3. Do you know how neons for cars work? If you did, you'd realize you dont need a freakin car battery.

My own personal opinion, you'd be a freakin fool to put these on any type of quad that will be ridden.

02-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
answer to all 3.... NO. Wrong.

1. If mounted properly in the proper locations, you will not bottom out and crush them.

2. If you properly wire them up, water will not affect them. Its amazing that regular quad lights and the electical system works, huh? :rolleyes:

3. Do you know how neons for cars work? If you did, you'd realize you dont need a freakin car battery.

My own personal opinion, you'd be a freakin fool to put these on any type of quad that will be ridden. well ive said it before and i'll say it again. im not an electrician and i dont know too much about quads. so get the **** off my back

MOFO
02-11-2004, 09:59 AM
well ive said it before and i'll say it again. im not an electrician and i dont know too much about quads. so get the **** off my back

then why post information that you have no idea about... if you dont know, or are clueless to a topic, dont post and act like you do. :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
02-11-2004, 10:17 AM

1. It would depend on location. If you had them tucked up underneath the plastic, I don't think you could bottom it out and break them.

2. If you install them correctly, water shouldn't short them out. If you're so dumb as to leave bare connections where water COULD hit them, you deserve to be shot. However, water COULD be a problem if the glass is left exposed without any type of protective covering. If a wave of water hits a bare exposed bulb while the bulb is hot, it will crack. Same principle as pulling a glass out of the dishwasher and throwing cold water into it.

3. This has two major flaws. First, you can get a high-output stator. Duh. Second, neon bulbs do not pull much power. You can't FIT a neon light much bigger than about 3 watts on a quad, so even if you have three of them, you're only looking at less than 10 watts. You're stator pushes 100, and you're only using 70 for your headlights.

wilkin250r
02-11-2004, 10:23 AM
then why post information that you have no idea about... if you dont know, or are clueless to a topic, dont post and act like you do. :rolleyes:

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/chairshot.gif

markk
02-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 300_14_racer
I dont have any pictures but i was thinking that it would be kinda cool at night in the summer... also my friend has a banshee and was thinking about doing it is there any way he could do that without a battery?

ITs gona be super hard on your stator i think!

Your gona have to find some lights that use 12volts, and really low amps! then mabey im sure, but!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever u like!!!!!!!!!!!

UglyMotha™
02-11-2004, 11:46 AM
well ive said it before and i'll say it again. im not an electrician and i dont know too much about quads. so get the **** off my back

uh................... then don't make a post rambling on with false info ya retard :huh

DangerousDean
02-11-2004, 11:53 AM
http://www.snowglow.com/core.shtml

they make them for sleds, im sure you could just get these and they should bolt up ontoa quad some wheres?
Maybe the ones for kids sleds (smaller)

44oEX
02-11-2004, 11:57 AM
you don`t need to put real noen lights. if you look in the pic I posed you can see it`s only a small light that can be mounted under the plastic so nothing is going to hit them. you don`t need to put the lights all the way donw under the frame . it acualy looks better under the fenders cause it`s lights them up and they look really bright. The lights don`t take to much power they are only marker lights for a tractor or something like that. the vibration don`t affect them and you can jump as high as you want. they are also water resistente.

wilkin250r
02-11-2004, 12:40 PM
The small LED lights are a good option, they are more durable than neon. However, the same principle applies as neon, they require a DC system. Most quads without batteries use and AC system.

MOFO
02-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The small LED lights are a good option, they are more durable than neon. However, the same principle applies as neon, they require a DC system. Most quads without batteries use and AC system.

Yep, LED's would be the best option...very low power consumption and VERY durable. I'd go this route...

UglyMotha™
02-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Yep, LED's would be the best option...very low power consumption and VERY durable. I'd go this route...

eric you puttin neons on your quad :huh

:blah: heh

MOFO
02-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
eric you puttin neons on your quad :huh

:blah: heh

hell no, but for reasons unsaid, I got involved in this discussion. Figured I might as well throw in my $0.02 while I was here.... :blah: