PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking...............

polabareus
01-14-2004, 03:33 PM
My 250ex has a squeaky sound that I believe is coming from one of the front brakes. I hear usually when Im going slow and it's just a squeak, squeak , squeak. It doesn't sound like metal against metal but just a brake squeaking. The 250 is only 2months old and even though I have ridden it in a lot of snow I wouldn't imagine some kind of bearing has started to go. To get to the point of this post, is there anything I can spray on the brakes that may help take the squeak away? I also do not think its the shocks because when I bounce up and down on the bike theres no squeaking. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JDiablo
01-14-2004, 05:02 PM
i have the same problem on my 300,i just replaced the brake pads and they were fine for some reason,time for some new ones again because it squeaking,but for now,lol i jus sprayed some wd40 on them

01-14-2004, 07:04 PM
im pretty sure wd40 eats up brake pads...maybe that was something else? :confused:

JDiablo
01-15-2004, 11:54 AM
i no,new brake pads should be coming here today actually,that is why i did that,those brake pads that i have on there now are frome the beginning of the summer,and some snow riding on them to...so i guess it time to change them......and mayb soem new rotors along the way to:o

Cole Trane
01-15-2004, 12:57 PM
It could be a warped rotor, that's what I would do if brake pads didn't fix it.

01-15-2004, 04:00 PM
i know when my 300 used tio sqeak i put sum silicon spray on the a-arms and it usually stoped.

FFW
01-16-2004, 07:04 PM
If it is indeed a squeak only when you apply the front brakes it's either pad chatter or some foreign material lodged between the pad and rotor. It sounds like the squeak is rythmic which can also mean a warped rotor.

In any case a new set of pads should quiet things down. You could also purchase a can of disk brake quiet and apply that to the backing of the pad.

:D

JDiablo
01-16-2004, 08:06 PM
koo man thankz for the info,but i think imma go buy some new front rotors and brake pads and same with the back,and mayb some new ss brake lines to:D