PDA

View Full Version : Tie rod Ends

Pungohboy
01-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Hello I just replaced the tie rod ends on my 2002 400EX. I was wondering if anyone has installed grease fittings on tie rod ends so they can be greased? if so is there anything i should be careful of? if it helps i went the cheap way out and bought the Tusk tie rod ends. thanks

Jpoutlaw250R
01-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Are you talkig about drilling and tapping on the upper side of the tierod end? if so you would half to be careful of not drilling to far and drilling into the lil ball joint in there i would think. Not sure though.

muff
01-15-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Jpoutlaw250R
Are you talkig about drilling and tapping on the upper side of the tierod end? if so you would half to be careful of not drilling to far and drilling into the lil ball joint in there i would think. Not sure though.

i think i would have to agree with him about how it could be kind of risky....do you still have your stockers? maybe you could experiment with them and seeing how far you drill

I know walsh makes some sick tie rod ends...will run you $200 for the set tho

Pungohboy
01-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Yes that was what i ment. i do have to stock i will try that. I dont think i will be getting the $200 ones. I can replace these alot for that $$$. Thanks.

muff
01-15-2004, 09:58 AM
how much are the ones you got?