PDA

View Full Version : Florence Oregon ? ? ?

Natertot426ex
01-14-2004, 08:57 AM
I was on the oregon coast last week and drove down to florence To see the dunes there. Are they any good? I saw one guy on a raptor riding around but that is it.

2004TRX450R
01-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Yes the dunes there are awsome! I love rideing there. Ben going there since for over 15 years. It is a pretty big place to ride. The parking lots can be jam packed with people and you can go out on the dunes and only see people every once in awhile.

bknight
01-14-2004, 04:32 PM
i like florence To
but i ride at sand lake the most
got to get to florence soon but darn the rain

2004TRX450R
01-14-2004, 05:57 PM
I don't really like Sand Lake. It is way to small. I go there and am bored in less than a day. Plus it is usually packed and a lot of people get hurt there from there being to many people in such a small rideing area. I have actually talked to a ranger at Florence that said he used to work at Sand Lake and he wouldn't let his kids ride there because so many people get hurt. To many idots in a small area= a very bad thing.

Baley69
01-14-2004, 06:08 PM
I like riding near the water at Sand lake, but yes its to small for the amount of people that ride there in the summer. Does anyone know if the road is done at Sand Lake yet? I refuse to go there until that is finished.

JOEX
01-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Yep, Florence is great! Alot of variaty. We're planning a trip for the end of August, this will be my fourth year in a row:)

Baley69, Here's a link to the Sandlake road updates, I haven't read it in quite awhile so I don't know how far along they are.
http://www.co.tillamook.or.us/gov/pw/sg-project/

Joe

JOEX
01-14-2004, 09:37 PM
There are some pics here....
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72761

Narly R
01-14-2004, 09:41 PM
If ANY of ya'll go over shoot me a PM. Get my dad and a couple friends. Just let me know ahead of time. Give me a date Joe, ill try to be there! ;)

JOEX
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Narl, check out nwquadriders, we have a trip to Horsefall planned in July:) Be sure to check the Lounge for the new policy;)

I'll let you know about the Florence trip when I have dates set.

Joe

stryker
01-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
I was on the oregon coast last week and drove down to florence To see the dunes there. Are they any good? I saw one guy on a raptor riding around but that is it.

The Oregon Dunes are Sweet. I don't think there is a bad place to go!! I've been to most of them, if not all, even Sand Lake! Which by the way does suck compared to the Southern Oregon dunes. I would't recommend wasting your time by going there!! But everywhere else you would have fun I'm sure. :cool:

2004TRX450R
01-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yep, Florence is great! Alot of variaty. We're planning a trip for the end of August, this will be my fourth year in a row:)

Baley69, Here's a link to the Sandlake road updates, I haven't read it in quite awhile so I don't know how far along they are.
http://www.co.tillamook.or.us/gov/pw/sg-project/

Joe

Man you just had to post them pics didn't you! It is just makeing me want to go even worse! I can't wait to get my new 450R and Florence here I come!

By the way I didn't know you could get one of those pooplarises off the ground!:blah: :devil:

airheadedduner
01-14-2004, 11:29 PM
2004TRX450R-Do you live in OR, what area??

The florence dunes overall are my fav. Thats where I have found the biggest & baddest stepups:devil: I havn't rode there since july:(

Baley69
01-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Thanks Joe!! I'll have to get back on nwriders and meet up with you guys after I get my 450.

twisted threads
01-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Florence is a sweet place to ride the ONLY thing I dont like are the sound cops. but hopefully this April when I go I will be covered!:D :cool:

AndrewRRR
01-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Baley69
I like riding near the water at Sand lake, but yes its to small for the amount of people that ride there in the summer. Does anyone know if the road is done at Sand Lake yet? I refuse to go there until that is finished.

I went to sandlake last weekend and the road is paved about hald of the way and the rest is packed goomed gravel. It's a hundred times better than it was this summer. I went there once when they were working on the road and they had pilot cars you had to follow. Took me an HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES to get to the store and back . All I needed was 2 jets for my banshee.:mad:
Sandlake is small, but for a day trip and if you like dragracing and hillshooting it's not bad. Florence is my favorite Oregon dune area but it's also one of the worst for us guys with loud bikes :(

2004TRX450R
01-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
2004TRX450R-Do you live in OR, what area??

The florence dunes overall are my fav. Thats where I have found the biggest & baddest stepups:devil: I havn't rode there since july:(

I live in WA in Bellevue. It is just east of Seattle about 10 miles. I've been going to Florence since I was about 8 or 9 I think and I'm 26 now. I love it there. It was kinda cool when I lived in St. Helens, OR because it was so much closer it was easier to make weekend trips there but now it almost isn't worth it unless I can go for 4 or 5 days because it is like a 6.5hour drive especially pulling the big coverd trailer.

The sound restrictions do suck there. I don't get why if they cut off so much of the dunes around where the people were complaining why they still have to have the noise restrictions. But the last few times I was there I haven't seen anyone getting tickets nor have I seen any cops out checking. I don't know if I just got lucky or if they are getting more lax on it.

bknight
01-15-2004, 04:59 PM
y i like sand lake is that im just about 1hr drive from there
yes it duss get boring at times but its ok.
i would like to get back to Florence but on the sound restrictions
i dont think my cannondale hmf would past ????

JOEX
01-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Three of us in our group have 400ex's with E-series pipes have never been checked in the 4-5 years going there. We do go during the week though, Sunday-Friday. We usually run 12 discs but this last time we ran 4. I have heard they check more often on Sundays, don't know how accurate that is.

One friend had a curtousy check done on his this last summer, came in at 100 or 101 db.

Joe

HondaMan222
01-17-2004, 04:17 PM
i got checked when i had my WB's and it was 96dB and the cop said if he seen me again he would give me a ticket, so i continued riding that weekend, never seen that cop again that weekend

airheadedduner
01-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Three of us in our group have 400ex's with E-series pipes have never been checked in the 4-5 years going there. We do go during the week though, Sunday-Friday. We usually run 12 discs but this last time we ran 4. I have heard they check more often on Sundays, don't know how accurate that is.

One friend had a curtousy check done on his this last summer, came in at 100 or 101 db.

Joe
I havn't been checked in forever either. I have riden past the sound cops before and was never waved down and I know me and several others in my group are way over. I think right now they are only crackind down on the obnoxiusly loud bikes. I think they are laying back a bit because a lot of stock dirtbikes don't pass.

AndrewRRR
01-20-2004, 07:40 PM
My LT250 with the 600cc motor is by far my quietest bike and it did 101db on a courtesy check :eek:
We are always nervous about going to florence because none of our bikes are anywhere near dune legal.
Oh well, at least now I got drag pipes with silencers for my banshee instead of the ear-bleeding open stinger drag pipes I had before, lol.

2004TRX450R
01-21-2004, 01:06 AM
back when they very first started the sound requirements I got a courtisy check on my 250R with fat boy silencer and I wasn't even up to the required rpm level and I hit 105 so I just shut it down. I think it was like 99 db back then.

airheadedduner
01-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
back when they very first started the sound requirements I got a courtisy check on my 250R with fat boy silencer and I wasn't even up to the required rpm level and I hit 105 so I just shut it down. I think it was like 99 db back then.
My friends R actully did pass, only one. It had the duncan TRX89 pipe with the fat boy with the turndown end cap. They give you a 2db credit for error and he came in at 95:D He traded me for my LRD setup for it, the LRD is around 100 after a fresh repacking. My dad's shee with T3's and the old style toomey silencers passes with 93-95 too when they are on my gramps's shee, but only after a fresh repacking. I know my 440 is way louder then both. That could be decieveing though because it being a thumper and all. Go to the racetrack though and listen too the stock bikes. The CRF's and YFZ's are wayyyyyyyy loud.

HondaMan222
01-21-2004, 10:48 PM
in the winter the cops at florence don't really care, they just sit at the top of comp. watching everyone, but in the summer, MAN they have there ticket books out writing tickets. if you have a loud quad go to winchester, very few times you see cops. and at dunefest the guy at the track was a moron checking, ours friend 720 ds with a woods pipe came out at 86dB, the retard was putting the mic thing on the right side, and ds pipes are on the left, it was really funny!!:D

bknight
01-22-2004, 05:41 AM
HondaMan222
lololol i like that one
will ill have to see what i can do to this hmf to get it dune legal

dirtmomma
01-22-2004, 09:31 AM

OH HELL I know where your coming from, last time we went to Sand Lake we pulled up to park the motorhome in it's spot & I'm looking at the bumper going hummmm that doesn't look right so I get to looking more & i'll be damned all of the bumpy lumpies had broken the welds on the bumper:eek2: :rolleyes: :grr: good thing the trailer didn't just come right off BTW yes it was full of about 6 quads:eek: so we took it down to the store & had Forest(I thinkthats his name) weld it up for us thanks goodness for him or we would of had to have someone come & take the trailer home!! Havent' been back since!!
so Joe your going to Florence in August huh?? We arane't doing our usual vacation this year cuz I have a family reunion in South Dakota so we're going there, in July instead of the jamboree:( :( much rather go to jamboree BUT this is probably my Grandma's last year so gotta go for her. Plus Ron had to use 2 weeks of vaca for his broken elbow being outta work *blah* so sounds like we'll have to stay kinda local maybe we'll come check it out I've never been there!!

JOEX
01-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
OH HELL I know where your coming from, last time we went to Sand Lake we pulled up to park the motorhome in it's spot & I'm looking at the bumper going hummmm that doesn't look right so I get to looking more & i'll be damned all of the bumpy lumpies had broken the welds on the bumper:eek2: :rolleyes: :grr: good thing the trailer didn't just come right off BTW yes it was full of about 6 quads:eek: so we took it down to the store & had Forest(I thinkthats his name) weld it up for us thanks goodness for him or we would of had to have someone come & take the trailer home!! Havent' been back since!!
so Joe your going to Florence in August huh?? We arane't doing our usual vacation this year cuz I have a family reunion in South Dakota so we're going there, in July instead of the jamboree:( :( much rather go to jamboree BUT this is probably my Grandma's last year so gotta go for her. Plus Ron had to use 2 weeks of vaca for his broken elbow being outta work *blah* so sounds like we'll have to stay kinda local maybe we'll come check it out I've never been there!!
We'll be at Florence Aug 15-20th., made the reservations a couple of says ago. We have five spots but don't know how many are coming yet. We might be able to squeeze you in if you want to come. There are still a few open spots avalible. I'll be at Horsfall July 14-18th with the group from nwquadriders.com

Sorry to her about the Grandma, there are a few things more important than riding....Is Ron's arm all better and able to ride?

Joe

dirtmomma
01-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Is Ron's arm all better and able to ride?

Joe

No he putted mine around the yard the other day but look like an old man :eek: :o LOL shhhh don't tell him I said that :devil: he goes back to work on light duty for 3 more weeks so we'll see how it goes. I can't wait till he's up too riding again cuz I know he misses it BIG TIME he gets tired of DJ & I always saying we're going racing!
TTYL

QuadJunkies
01-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
I was on the oregon coast last week and drove down to florence To see the dunes there. Are they any good? I saw one guy on a raptor riding around but that is it. Florence is fun,but we will NEVER be able to ride Troys Predator down there, his pipe is a 105db:eek2: . Ive had some good times riding a Rail down there a few times........:cool:

Chef
01-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Florence is fun,but we will NEVER be able to ride Troys Predator down there, his pipe is a 105db:eek2: . Ive had some good times riding a Rail down there a few times........:cool:

You dont need to worry about the sound limits. I dont see why everyone has such a big fit about em....My EX is easily 105-110, and I haven't even been looked at yet.:p

QuadJunkies
01-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Chef
You dont need to worry about the sound limits. I dont see why everyone has such a big fit about em....My EX is easily 105-110, and I haven't even been looked at yet.:p My luck
ill drive 10 hours to get there and the #$^( Aholes will give us the boot:mad:

Natertot426ex
01-23-2004, 07:00 AM
My luck

Ya no kiddin. I wouldn't be able to ride over there either. Mine is pretty loud as well. I would have to put the stock system on again. Then it would feel like i was riding a stock machine all over again. And tha is one thing that I sure don't want!!

Baley69
01-23-2004, 07:08 AM
My luck

Well there are many other places close by you could ride where they dont check. Its worth it, Cmon down!!! :D

QuadJunkies
01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Well there are many other places close by you could ride where they dont check. Its worth it, Cmon down!!! :D IF the money is there..... Then I will. I could have thad the $$ But we keep throwing it into th Quads!:o .I REALLY would like to come down soon, Im Homesick....:(

HondaMan222
01-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by bknight
HondaMan222
lololol i like that one
will ill have to see what i can do to this hmf to get it dune legal

our friend had a lemondale with a hmf and it was freken load, he put the quiet core in it and it made a difference but it ran like stock, so he just ran it really load, only ran from cops once (i was with him) :D lol

bknight
01-25-2004, 01:11 AM
:D :D :D :D lemondale with a hmf and it was freken load
you got that right but not the lemon part not on this one

HondaMan222
01-25-2004, 10:24 AM
really, you have a good one?? our friend has like $30,000 in to his, cuse the frist day he got it, it fliped on him and brock his hip. After that he when though 3 motors, then they put the upgrade in then it cracked again, if you ride florence you probley know this guy, it was a way fast one...

Chef
01-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan222
really, you have a good one?? our friend has like $30,000 in to his, cuse the frist day he got it, it fliped on him and brock his hip. After that he when though 3 motors, then they put the upgrade in then it cracked again, if you ride florence you probley know this guy, it was a way fast one...

Sounds like a whole lot of rider error to me.:confused:

bknight
01-26-2004, 02:25 AM
man he has sume bad luck??
now ill say all i got is 20 to 25 hr on this one and know prbs
but had to put sume new ball joints on the front end
mine runs like a top.
it is a little to much for me but im still to new to it.
i think i just need more seat time:)

HondaMan222
01-30-2004, 10:43 PM
who's going to be at florence for pres. weekend, i will if i get my quad by then...

2004TRX450R
01-31-2004, 12:47 AM
I might be there the weekend after. the 21st and 22nd. Not sure though. We might go to winchester bay or something to though.

HondaMan222
01-31-2004, 09:30 AM
cool, that would be cool to see youe 450!!!

jmpulse
02-07-2004, 10:29 PM
I'll be camping/riding from Jesse Honeyman State park Feb 19-22. I should have the new exaust for my 416, shouldn't have dB issues. LTE racing exausts have been able to make the 93dB on a slightly modded EX, with out too much loss of power.

And if everything goes good, I should have a brand new stock TRX450R up there too!