PDA

View Full Version : I got some good and bad news today.

QuadJunkies
01-13-2004, 11:45 PM
The Bad news is that Troy took in his Predator to have a High Comp. Piston and Valve springs on it today to have it ready for this wk ends race, well when they were tearing it apart, they found the pin to the Rod had come off and the rod was demolished:eek: :eek2: I have no clue what this will cost to replace, they said it should be covered under our Ext. Warrenty. Not sure if theres damage to the Cylinder yet:( looks like no race on it this race:mad: everything else looked good I think,in fact they said this was the cleanest motor they had seen in years...
The good news was, My Bday is coming up later this month, and all I know is I have something sweet coming for my 400ex!!!!:blah: he wont give me any hints.!! But I know he asked me about what colors I would go with (I was pretty sure it was a PC job but I dunno):cool: then he hinted about a dampener, but I think its something BIGGER!! He told me about what price range he spent which makes me wonder.hmmm what did I get !! This is going to drive me nuts! Looks like he will be sharing my quad this wks race... :confused:

remlapr
01-14-2004, 05:48 AM
That sucks QJ - but maybe your guys will be able to just get a new create motor our of Polaris now...

Glow Plug
01-14-2004, 06:58 AM
:( sad to hear about the preditor but sounds like your going to have a sweet 400ex :D

QuadJunkies
01-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
That sucks QJ - but maybe your guys will be able to just get a new create motor our of Polaris now... Im hoping in some ways that there will be enough crap damaged that they will just warrenty out the whole motor and ship us the new improved 04 one!!!:blah: if not ,then I guess its going to have the full shabang done to it and bore that sucka out......:D

QuadJunkies
01-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
:( sounds like your going to have a sweet 400ex :D I sure hope so!!!!:blah:

Admin
01-14-2004, 11:01 AM
My Birthday is on the 22nd, so we are only one day apart with a couple of years in between.

Pappy
01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
My Birthday is on the 22nd, so we are only one day apart with a couple of years in between.

a couple...lmfao you old dudes crack me up:p :eek:

QuadJunkies
01-14-2004, 11:07 AM
My Birthday is on the 22nd, so we are only one day apart with a couple of years in between. How YOUNG are you going to be on the 22nd??:D We only get finer with age......;) Watchit PAppy~~~ you not too far from my age!!!:p

QuadJunkies
01-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Whew....Good news! EVERYTHING else looked good !! No damage to the cylinder just need to replace the bearings, Rods ect. and the labor. ew that labor was outragious!:eek: But I just pay the 200.00 co pay and were good to go after Polaris Star comes out to inspect it..( and approve work done on it)

Pappy
01-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Watchit PAppy~~~ you not too far from my age!!!:p

dont hit on me no more:o

and harlen is turning 127 years old:eek:

QuadJunkies
01-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
dont hit on me no more:o

and harlen is turning 127 years old:eek:

LOL!!!!:p Dayyum!!! Hes lookin pretty good then for his age!:D :devil:

Pappy
01-14-2004, 12:16 PM
he sold his soul to the devil. he was old a decreped ...then one day he shows up looking much younger. how else do you explain his finishes in the VET class and the ATV Olympics:o

btw...glad the damage wasnt too bad on the quad;)

remlapr
01-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Whew....Good news! EVERYTHING else looked good !! No damage to the cylinder just need to replace the bearings, Rods ect. and the labor. ew that labor was outragious!:eek: But I just pay the 200.00 co pay and were good to go after Polaris Star comes out to inspect it..( and approve work done on it)

QJ - Just my opinion, but I would still push for a new motor from Polaris. You have to remember if this happened to your motor, then it has probably happened to many other predators. It's at least worth a try. Just tell them you don't feel confident that you won't have more problems out of this motor in the future.

la400ex
01-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Mine is on the 21st. Gonna be 19.

QuadJunkies
01-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
QJ - Just my opinion, but I would still push for a new motor from Polaris. You have to remember if this happened to your motor, then it has probably happened to many other predators. It's at least worth a try. Just tell them you don't feel confident that you won't have more problems out of this motor in the future. I talked to Troys sponosor today who is very tight with Polaris they do alot of R&D with them, anyhow looks like this is the first to happen like this:confused: They said this is usually common with not enough lubrication, but in our case, it looked very good, so its a mystery for now why it happened, his sponsor is going to call Polaris and make sure things are handled right with him. Were VERY lucky to have a great mechanic sponsoring him and his other one back in Iowa taking care of us ;) I just hope they dont find more stuff damaged as they open up Crack Case:eek2: The day just gets better, my Transmission in my rig is going t!ts up today too:mad: . Man when it rains.. it pours.......:(

jmoney45
01-15-2004, 06:31 AM
But I know he asked me about what colors I would go with

Maybe he was wondering if you like red (a new trx450r) or blue/white (a new yfz450) :cool:

dirtmomma
01-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh Geez sounds like you guys have the same luck we do :rolleyes: Glad to hear the Polaris is not ALL screwed up, Hmmmm asking what color you like now if it was Ron asking I'd be thinkin I was getting new plastics, but you already have those, maybe he's getting you a 440 kit & he's trying to throw you off guard hehehehe that'd be cool huh LOL
Oh I know all to well tranny problems in the rig:rolleyes: I have an 88 Suburban that we've rebuilt the tranny once, & now it's got a different/used one we had to buy to put in it!! It's still funky though, now I have NO taillights or brake lights on it:mad: :mad: so she's just a day driver for now till we get it checked out, I would just prefer if we didnt' try to mess w/ the electrical ourselves & that gets spendy @ a shop YES we've checked all the fuses & bulbs. I just have to steal Ron's truck to go racing now hehehe, the boy & I are heading down South this weekend(Ron's gotta work) to a race, it's a pretty nice track, one of my fav's I like the dirt:blah: nice black packed:macho
Well GOOD LUCK w/ your rig, Troy's quad, & your BD present:D
AND GOOD LUCK RACING THIS WEEKEND GO GET EM' GIRL!!! BTW how many races you got left?? We're done w/ Monroe now so it's just playing around now, besides the flattrack we're doing this weekend, our next race will be a MX:blah: :macho

QuadJunkies
01-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by jmoney45
Maybe he was wondering if you like red (a new trx450r) or blue/white (a new yfz450) :cool: :eek: I would be speechless:eek2:

QuadJunkies
01-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma

AND GOOD LUCK RACING THIS WEEKEND GO GET EM' GIRL!!! BTW how many races you got left?? We're done w/ Monroe now so it's just playing around now, besides the flattrack we're doing this weekend, our next race will be a MX:blah: :macho I have one this wk end and then no moree for a month!:eek2: then we have 3 more after that and then were done. :( time flies when your having fun.....