PDA

View Full Version : exhaust ?

slamedsilverado
01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
my 400 ex has the full DG xcellarator pipe on it and i like it but it's not loud enough........if i was to buy the nonspark arrestor tip would that make it louder or would i be better off sellin this one and buyin somethin else............and if so what should i buy?........ or can i just replace the slip on section w. somethin else and keep the dg head pipe?

RIDER11X
01-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by slamedsilverado
my 400 ex has the full DG xcellarator pipe on it and i like it but it's not loud enough........if i was to buy the nonspark arrestor tip would that make it louder or would i be better off sellin this one and buyin somethin else............and if so what should i buy?........ or can i just replace the slip on section w. somethin else and keep the dg head pipe?
Please don't go the louder the better route, as it is not true. All that you will accomplish is making alot more quad haters out there. Get peoples attention with your riding skill not your noise. Dana Creech doesn't need to make noise does he? Neither does Doug Gust, or Bill Ballance.:cool:

4TraxRider
01-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Save the money and get a high compression piston, it will be much more effective with horsepower than making it louder. We gotta ride sometime, pinebush isn't to far away from monticello. Just wondering, but is your truck purple?