PDA

View Full Version : 400ex competitive to 250r

ATC350X 85
01-13-2004, 09:11 PM
I dont want to do the motor mods because I dont have the money to blow on it. I was gonna get a 450R but realized I need to start saving for a house if I ever want to own one in a lifetime. So now im limiting myself to about $3000 to spend on a quad. I would just like to increase throttle response to make it similiar to that of a 2 stroke. I know that is hard to do but just a little more response is acceptable. I own a ATC 350x as well and want to have a little more pickup when i hit the gas because as far as I know the 350x and the 400ex are similiar beasts a stock 350x has 28 hp, not sure what a 400ex has but dirtwheels claims its 27 hp. So i figure a very high flow air filter with an outerwear, a screened air box lid and some sort of pipe on it. Are there welds to be ground down in the stock header pipe like an 97xr 400, cause i have one of those too that has a competition honda baffle, a uni filter and a removed snorkel on the airbox and it works fine with stock 162 62 jets. That year was jetted rich from the factory if it was to be used with the competition baffle. Its got decent response.

So if anyone knows how to set up a 400ex for more response without tearing apart a perfectly running engine let me know what filter, pipe and jets you went with.

ATC350X 85
01-13-2004, 09:14 PM
whoops meant to reply to other post