PDA

View Full Version : would this work?

Out_Sider
01-13-2004, 09:09 PM
I've got an idea that may work....and it may not. I was thinking about getting 250r/400ex a arms and tierods for my 300. And get stock raptor front shocks and use them with my stock upper mount. Will this work because i know that raptor shocks are about 15 inches long, so they will long enough but will this work good for mx racing? Works custom makes shocks for this application and they are 14.75..so if i got raptor shocks that are about 15 inches tall.......it should still be pretty good..correct? I know the raptor shocks bolt up. So....wat do yall think?

BTW Banshee shocks would also work...but they are too short i believe.

jay's 300
01-13-2004, 09:32 PM
I had the Raptor shocks on mine for about a week, but I also had the shock mount relocated w/ R a-arms. I'm not real sure if it would work w/ stock shock mounts or not. I do know that the Raptor shocks felt alot better than the R's. :D

redrunner
01-14-2004, 10:25 AM
I bought a set of used triples that are 14.75 long, Santo rebuilt them and we figured them not to be a good fit for a stock 300 mount as they were advertised. When I went to install them you would have had to compress them almost 2", stock 300 are 13.25. That means the ride height is max out causing the joints to bind just sitting. I reinstalled stock set up and did some measuring of ride height free standing and with me sitting on it and for the sake of hassling to return them I went against my better judgment and made up a upper shock mount that is about 2" higher than the 300 stock mount (bolt on for now). Santo is figuring out the angle and valving stuff to see if it will work ok, for now he said it would be close.
What I am saying is that it probably is not a good idea to go with those shocks on a stock upper mount.