PDA

View Full Version : i got a grand to spend

JDiablo
01-13-2004, 07:15 PM
alright guys i have a grand to spend on my quad,but idk wat to do,no motor work though,the stupid honda dealer guy told my dad that you really dont need any motor work,your going to spend all this money on trying to make a slow engine faster,all for what 1 second if even.<- dat is wat stupid guy told my dad so engine is outta the question,nethin else.I have the usual,pipe,jet kit,filter,bars,nerfs.I was thinkin suspension,but a grand wont cut it and i wanan ride byt the time spring comes...so wat do u say,jus save it till summer and then spend it?

Glow Plug
01-13-2004, 07:19 PM
it really all depends on what you want to do with your machine. If you have a grand saved now you could possably sell your 300 and then buy a used 400 and have a ton more potental sitting inside the machine. Or you could spend money on suspension like elka econo shocks ( some where around 500 for fronts) and then a elka rear and later get a arms and a swinger.

JDiablo
01-13-2004, 07:26 PM
but the problem is,my dad isnt really into quads as much as i am,and he see's no reason for me buyin a new quad,espically cause i jus spent 2 grand on it already,plus next summer,im going to sell it to buy a car if i do not have enough money for a car,or im going to sell it and save for a new quad,but that wont happen cause the 3g's or w/e will go into my car that i get from my quad....i wish i jus got a 400 instead!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :grr: :grr: :grr:

BSTURDIVANT
01-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Save your money and buy a 400. The more you put in the 300 the more you loose when you do get rid of it!!

JDiablo
01-13-2004, 07:32 PM
i just asked my dad if i could sell my 300 at the end of the summer,well boy that went well(sarcasimn).He goes wat are you crazy,your mother will freak out after all that money you spent on it.OMG sometimes i just wish my dad would understand quads a lil more:mad: ....but at least i have something to ride,if nethin then ill just beg him to let me buy a 330 kit and that will make it go somewhat faster am i rite>? (sigh)

JDiablo
01-13-2004, 07:34 PM
read the post i just did...grrr

Out_Sider
01-13-2004, 07:40 PM
dude....chill out. A 300 is a good quad. Just buy suspension for it. Thats wat im savin up to do to mine.

Atreyu
01-13-2004, 07:44 PM
get a crate 350x engine..:macho

JDiablo
01-13-2004, 07:53 PM
lol,i had to release there for a second,will the 350 motor fit into the frame or will there have to be some moving of pieces of the frame?>

Atreyu
01-13-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it mounts right up..do a search to make sure though.

JDiablo
01-13-2004, 07:59 PM
is it the same exhaust header and parts etc?i woodnt think so,hey were in nj u at,i live ther to sux but wat u goin to do,lol j/k

JDiablo
01-13-2004, 08:05 PM
iight check it,this is what im going to do probably,save my money for burgard a-arms,do not no what size thog,all the suspension goodies,then extras,neboyd want to add to this?

Atreyu
01-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
iight check it,this is what im going to do probably,save my money for burgard a-arms,do not no what size thog,all the suspension goodies,then extras,neboyd want to add to this?

I'm in hopatcong...it's north. What about you?

quadrcr161
01-14-2004, 09:10 AM
if your setting it up for the track, suspension, if for trail riding just a good set of tires or shocks. try ebay parts and clean them up. but if your wanting to get a car next year, just put it in savings.

Yellow750EX
01-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Id buy 400ex aarms and works shocks all around! and an air filter and jet kit!

JDiablo
01-14-2004, 11:04 AM
i got all the basic stuff alreayd,and im in bergen county ,i think im going to do suspension,do you think it is worth it to spend 550 on a bugard swinger,or just get a new axle.All i do it trails all day long,and im lookin into some races so what size a-arms will you guys recommend? i was thinkin 2+1 and even 3+1,but then i forgot that some of the trails i ride are tight so then here comes 1+1,wat do u guys think,im leaning more to the 2+1 size,but does anybody have any pictures of 1+1 arms on a 300,or any quad really just to get a idea or what it will look like,thankz

roostin_dale
01-14-2004, 11:24 AM
i got all the basic stuff alreayd,and im in bergen county ,i think im going to do suspension,do you think it is worth it to spend 550 on a bugard swinger,or just get a new axle.All i do it trails all day long,and im lookin into some races so what size a-arms will you guys recommend? i was thinkin 2+1 and even 3+1,but then i forgot that some of the trails i ride are tight so then here comes 1+1,wat do u guys think,im leaning more to the 2+1 size,but does anybody have any pictures of 1+1 arms on a 300,or any quad really just to get a idea or what it will look like,thankz

If you ride mainly trails i would say get +1 a-arms and elka shocks. Maybe a +2 axle.....my .02 cents

JDiablo
01-14-2004, 11:28 AM
iight,thankz,now 3+1 arms are defiently outta the question so it between the 1inch and 2 inch now.....idk wat it will be tho:confused:

sly400ex
01-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Dude, no offense, but are you just itching to spend your money or what? Are you pushing your quad to it's limits in stock form? If not, just save your money for your car next year and have a quad and a car....the best of both!;)

JDiablo
01-14-2004, 01:11 PM
lol no takin,and yes sometimes i do push my quad to its limits,lol and i love spending money!i cant save up for nethin,but that will have to change

ReconRider25
01-14-2004, 01:25 PM
if your getting a car this summer, why dont you put that money towards a car and have a nicer one, instead of a piece of junk?

JDiablo
01-14-2004, 01:34 PM
well im not gettin a car this summer,it will be more like next winter,mayb next spring time acutally....so i just wanted to see ur opinions....but the good thing is my parents are helping out with the car....but that is a while away

Sportrax10
01-14-2004, 01:38 PM
IMO, with $1,000 get front and back suspension, and keep the stock a-arms.

markk
01-14-2004, 02:01 PM
alright guys i have a grand to spend on my quad,but idk wat to do,no motor work though,the stupid honda dealer guy told my dad that you really dont need any motor work,your going to spend all this money on trying to make a slow engine faster,all for what 1 second if even.<- dat is wat stupid guy told my dad so engine is outta the question,nethin else.I have the usual,pipe,jet kit,filter,bars,nerfs.I was thinkin suspension,but a grand wont cut it and i wanan ride byt the time spring comes...so wat do u say,jus save it till summer and then spend it?

well id sell the 300 and spend that extra grand on 400ex or even a z400 somting in your price range

dont waist your time on a 300

Glow Plug
01-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by markk
well id sell the 300 and spend that extra grand on 400ex or even a z400 somting in your price range

dont waist your time on a 300

he already said that his parents wont let him get a new machine

400exrules
01-14-2004, 03:04 PM

lmfao....i guess that dealer hasnt seen cody jordans 300 :devil:
:eek2:

roostin_dale
01-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
lmfao....i guess that dealer hasnt seen cody jordans 300 :devil:
:eek2:

or my 250x at that:eek2: im fast!

JDiablo
01-14-2004, 04:20 PM
well the guy has a banshee so that can explain most of it,how fast does his run neway?and wat does he have done to the motor?