PDA

View Full Version : popo

Berry
01-13-2004, 05:38 PM
i live like 6 miles from town so im basicly in the boonies. i dont have any close neighbors and i have an mx track right beside my house on MY land. well my friend and i were riding my track today its right beside my house and some guy pulls up and asks for my mom but she wasnt there. he was tellin me how much our 4 whellers get on his nerves and for us too stop riding and he knows its my land but he said he would file a court report and all this other bull. he lives like 1 block from me! well i told my mom and shes totally on my side. oh dont forget my uncle is a lawyer. anyways, what should i do? stop riding for respect? keep riding and tell him to deal with it? is there really anything he can do? popo, tell me what he can do and what i should do i want too hear your advice. what should i do if he ever comes on my land about this? i dont ride on the road i ride strictly on my track thats it and when i come home my mom is not here she gets home at like 5:10 so its usually dark when she gets home! oh by the way i am 15.

Pappy
01-13-2004, 05:43 PM
im not popo....but here is my 2 cents

go back over to this guys house and tell him you fully understand where he is coming from and ask what would be a time you could ride that wouldnt interfere with him. sounds as if he will get a noise nuisance or a court order to force the shut down of your riding area. IMO its better to meet him half way.

it sounds as if you ride in close proximaty to houses so i dont think the fact that its private property will matter

Berry
01-13-2004, 05:45 PM
i tried too meet him half way. i told him i would ride my XC track behind my house but he kept running his mouth. and there are like 3 or 4 houses INBETWEEN my house and his and none of the other people have said NOTHING!

MOFO
01-13-2004, 05:47 PM
I'll tell ya what... if someone lived VERY close to my house and rode their quads all day long with a loud pipe... they would not want me as their neighbor anymore.

How about I move next to ya and open up my own gun range.... how would you like that. You have to think from both sides of this situation....

MOFO
01-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Berry
i tried too meet him half way. i told him i would ride my XC track behind my house but he kept running his mouth. and there are like 3 or 4 houses INBETWEEN my house and his and none of the other people have said NOTHING!

ok, after reading more details, I'd say this guy is just a miserable old man. Not sure what to tell ya... :(

01-13-2004, 05:50 PM
What kind of pipe do you have??????????

If you say cobra i'm gonna fall outa my chair..:huh :eek2: :huh

AtvMxRider
01-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by bobby88
keep riding, dont stop because some jerk off doesnt like it, he has his own opinion and he can keep it to himself. You are 100% legal doing it, unless your quad is too loud, which knowing everyone on here, it is.:devil:

Your an idiot. It's people like you that get riding areas closed down. I agree with Pappy and go talk to the guy.

Pappy
01-13-2004, 05:59 PM
well first try the proper approach....then egg his car

Berry
01-13-2004, 05:59 PM
im scared of the guy! he looked like he was about too jump on me and beat the heck out of me i never turned my engine off because i was ready too run away from the dude.

i have an hmf pipe but LISTEN THERE ARE HOUSES INBETWEEN MY HOUSE AND HIS AND NONE OF THE OTHER PEOPLE COMPLAIN! and he did not look old im guessing 36 yr old. and dont get the idea im some idiot out there acting stupid showing off. when i saw the guy was mad i went and put my 4 wheller and stopped riding if that helps.

Berry
01-13-2004, 06:03 PM
my mom said if he ever comes back too call 911

01-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
well first try the proper approach....then egg his car

I belive surran wrapping is more proper, hide across the street and watch his reaction to not being able to get in his car for quite some time if you do it right!!:devil:

01-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Your an idiot. It's people like you that get riding areas closed down. I agree with Pappy and go talk to the guy.

Relax, i was JOKING, thats why i put the faces in there? And actually i am polite to people that stop and ask me to keep it easy around their houses and i dont even cock off, UNLESS they come up to me acting like they are going to beat me up swearing in my face, then i have a problem:mad:

Atreyu
01-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Send him a box of p0rn and beer...then he'll shutup for a while.

spincr4hire
01-13-2004, 06:52 PM
my mom said if he ever comes back too call 911
dial 911 to make a cop come:eek:

Berry
01-13-2004, 06:53 PM
popo are you out there

rideREDrider
01-13-2004, 07:04 PM
prolly the best thing to do is to try to talk to the guy and make an agreement or sumthin and if that dusnt work plaster him with paintballs next time he walks out his door.(just kidding) i live less than a mile from town adn there are houses all around me and im not sure if they actually like that i mride around here but i do know all of them and respect them and are friends with them And i have a stock pipe. do whatever is in ur best judgement.:confused: :huh

Glow Plug
01-13-2004, 07:08 PM
This reminds me of some one that lives at the end of my property. When I used ride everyday I would just tear up and down the feild for 10 or 15 minutes a day. So the guy that lives besided me has some race horses that he boards at his place. And whenever we would see him at the acution he would come up to me and be like your quad spooks my horses (I don't really see how a STOCK bayou 220 can be loud, and seeing that I ride atleast 150 feet away from these horses) So he talked to me like this 4 or 5 trimes and I never listened my dad even told me not to listen to him. So eventally he just gave up and hasn't talked to me since. :)

markeg192
01-13-2004, 07:13 PM
You said he lives a block from you and that there are 3 or 4 houses in between your house and his. It sounds like your riding in a residential area to me.

Berry
01-13-2004, 07:19 PM
no sorry. i live on old backroads buddy. i was just saying theres like a BLOCK inbetween my house and his plus the woods

Glow Plug
01-13-2004, 07:21 PM
no sorry. i live on old backroads buddy. i was just saying theres like a BLOCK inbetween my house and his plus the woods

do you mean like a quater section?

Berry
01-13-2004, 07:21 PM
oh and dont you think if it was a residential area i would have been shut down 2 years ago since i started racing!!!!!!!????????????

Berry
01-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
do you mean like a quater section? i dont know what that is:huh .

Quadfather
01-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Tell him if he doesn't layoff, you're gonna tell the police that he drives by and exposes himself.

01-13-2004, 07:28 PM
just go and apologize and everytime he comes over smile ask him if he wants something to eat or drink, compliment his garden and when he says not to ride say ok and do it anyway, the madder he gets just be nicer then if he gets real pissed be like im sorry then call the cops all upset and say he keep shtreatening u

01-13-2004, 07:29 PM
pyt the stock pipe on too when the cops come then theyll just think hes a crabby old man and they wont come back when he complains

Atreyu
01-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Get him to threaten you..then you can get his *** arrested..or say that he has young boys tied up in his house frequently.

xr50layke
01-13-2004, 07:35 PM
the teenager across from me is jealous that i got a dirtbike and he didnt. we are the same age. I have never complained about his constant all day snowmobiling 15 meters away from my house, but one day he stopped me on the road (dirt), and had a chat with me, it was almost like he was trying to put fear into me, he was telling me "what would happen" if I didnt stop riding LOL. he said his dad goes to work at midnight and then comes home and goes right to bed during the day each day of the week. i don't ride around here i go other places like 20 miles away ect. funny how he goes to work, and then sleeps, but i see him outside gardening or washing his car most of the day.

btw, i didnt listen to the guy. after that i woke up and went for a nice 9am morning ride (this is during the summer). no other neighbours complained! all my other neighbour's kid's ride! the dude beside us is a harley mechanic. Guess what? Nothing happened. What a moron. He used to watch me ride my dirtbike and it got annoying. thats how i know he was jealous. i would go out around my lawn and track and he would "find a reason" to go outside, weather it would be arranging the driveway stones, cutting the grass with sissors, bird watching at my property LOL....

but to answer your question, maybe you should try to get the guy into riding? if thats impossible, tell him you are terribly scared of horses.

Glow Plug
01-13-2004, 07:36 PM
i dont know what that is:huh .

its like a block of land thats 160 acres

and you know gravel roads how there 1 mile wide by 2 miles long thats a quater section. MAbye you don't live far enough out of town to know what they are lol

Jeffksf
01-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Send him a box of p0rn and beer...then he'll shutup for a while.
:D ROFLMAO:D

Berry
01-13-2004, 07:44 PM
naw man not that far out. about 6 miles from town. just say i cant see but maybe 1 house FROM my house

redgrizz
01-13-2004, 08:00 PM
well if you are 250 ft away from his house and you are in the sound legal limit, and your regestered, you are totally legal to do what ever the hell u want, least thats wat it is in ny

remlapr
01-13-2004, 08:17 PM
This is just a suggestion. I think you would be smart to arm yourself with some proof that you are attempting to operate your quad within some sort of guidelines. Get a quiet core for your pipe and print out the AMA restictions that list the db level allowed, then get an e-mail or something from hmf (maybe it's on the website?) stating that your quad model with that pipe has been tested to be within the restriction. If the guy comes back attempt to show him this and explain it to him, or more importantly - if the cops show up have this ready to go and show it to them along with your registration (if there is quad registration in Ohio??). Explain to them that the AMA is the governing body of quad racing. Explain that you purposely purchased this exhaust so that you would be in complience. If you get into any type of legal situation this factual documentation will go a long way IMO.

Mofo Racing
01-13-2004, 08:34 PM
I ride down a clear-cut pipeline near my house. all the hunters get mad because im riding on thier happy hunting ground, even though its not thier property. So what do they do? They sprinkle tacks at the trail I come down to get to the pipeline. I've pulled them out of my tire. Some people are just so hard headed they won't stop until they get their way.

chucked
01-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Tell him if he doesn't layoff, you're gonna tell the police that he drives by and exposes himself.
lmao

I think red grizz is right, i think. here it is 300 feet you can do what ever you want if you live on residential land. My land is zoned the part where the house is, is commercial, and my yard where i ride is industrial, i can be as loud as i want and do anything (as long as its legal) between the hrs of 7 and 10 (or something) and if the neighbors call the cops, they will come here and start to yell at me, then i remind them its industrial, but since im a teenage they will still yell until my mom comes out and yells back and threatens to sue baltimore cty. (for the 2nd time)

people are always putting hay bails and little sticks, and this plastic chicken wire between me and my neighbors property to try and keep me from riding, what do they think i cant get off my *** and move it???

popo
01-14-2004, 02:05 AM
I think everyone gave you ideas, except doing malicious things to his house or calling the fuz saying he's wagging his dinger at you.

Eventually you will continue to ride and piss this guy off and may end up in a mediation court.

Best thing is to contact the township or county trustees's to see if there is, such rules or regulations.

If there is no ordinance in the township you live in, than he's out of luck. Live with it! paint your house pink,farm some pigs, run around naked. That's kinda the idea why people move out in the country.

I got reported with a visit from the local yocal. Can't touch me cause it's private property, and no laws state I can't ride on my land. So I continue to ride, but try to respect others around me.

I don't think putting a quiet core, reducing the db's down maybe 4 would satisfy this guy either.