PDA

View Full Version : to racingyellow02

Nausty
02-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Sorry I know its the wrong forum but my private message back to him was 2000 characters over the limit and I didn't want to spend the time to split it up and make it harder for him. So I just put it in the comments and suggestions forum cuz thats the least used. Btw I have a suggestion! Can we raise the maximum word length on private messaging?

Well I got a couple of questions though. It is: where do you plan ride it, like a track or just riding out on trails or gravel pit or what. Have you ever been big on like bmx jumping and stuff like that? Dirt bikes are a heck of a lot more fun than a dirt bike if you are at a track because you can jump huge jumps and not even feel the landings and the ability to go super fast. Some of the key points of riding a bike is when you get it don't just do what you see other people do and kinda work your way up and not just go wide open and hit a huge jump and crash everytime you ride. But when riding a bike you will have to move around a lot more and try to through around the bike but like I said you should be able to learn a lot of this stuff in no time with some practice at a motorcross track and a used 125 should be a perfect bike to start out on for mx also. But one thing with jumping try to land use the length of the bike because you won't have four wheels and stay aggressive. If you have quad experience and a little bit of bmx experience you should be just fine. Also riding a dirt bike when you do power slides you don't move to sit beside the seat you kinda have to lean to the side and try to lose the rear end and again don't be afraid to toss the bike around and it should all work out. I also found when learning to ride a new bike when i was little that if I just rode it like on a trail I would tense up and not really learn to ride it right but once you get on a motorcross track after you get the very basics it kinda teaches you what works what doesn't and keeps you looking ahead and being kinda loose. If you ride on a motorcross track a lot or have access to one you will love it after a while. And dirt bikes you might end up crashing a little bit more but some crashing tips are:
1. Try to ride out the brakes tell the last second and then bail so when you leave the bike you will be going as slow as possible, if you have to bail.
2. try not to just close your eyes and hope everything turns out ok. Try to stay cool and use what you have learned with previous experience and think about what is more important, laying it down on a turn or say hitting a tree or going over a berm.
3. crashing sucks try not to ride over your head.
4. you will crash more on bikes but usually you won't have to worry about the bike running you over or that much damage done to your machine.
5. In loose dirt and other areas sometimes it is better to use the gas instead of the brake, I have been past sideways when I rode a yz80 after hitting a jump and hitting rut to make my rear end slide way past 90 degrees and hammered the gas to get out of it.
6. If you are gonna try something new try to watch other riders do some of the jumps or whatnot.
7. Usuelly its best to stay with the bike when you are a beginner.

That is most of my crashing tips. Really though you shouldn't have to worry about it but it may save you if you start to lose it or do lose it. If you have more questions or want me to elaberate(spel?) more on something just pm me back. btw sorry about my grammer.

"hey I think u can answer this
hey dude-
seeing that talk about bikes i hope u can answer this. i was lookin @ gettin a bike. Haveing owned only quads my life i'm not sure if i should go though and buy a bike-find out i don;t like it then be pissed. I won't sell my quad but just get the bike. I was hopin that u could give me some key points in riddin a bike-what to do-what not to..are the just as much fun as they look? what's ur story???? the bike that i'm lookin @ is a '95 Kx 125 (((yes i know it's not honda but the price is right)))) i know the history of this bike and now that my friend truned 16 he wants $$$ for a car. he offered the bike to me and i'm not sure yet- i've never riddin a bike and not sure even how to begin. What do u know about bikes- what do i need to remember when i take it for my first ride? if u know of anyone eles that would be good @ helpin me out i'd love to know-
thanks for ur time and any info u can provide~
racinyellow02 "